Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
liesel
DIS Veteran

Wow, I have been MIA for months!

So we moved from Colorado to Northern California this summer and have been busy ever since. We are getting into the swing of things finally. We started in an apartment and then bought a house. Moving twice wasn't ideal, but its over, thank goodness. In fact, its been 3 months since we left Colorado and I just got my computer hooked up last week. I am enjoying the climate here and do not miss Colorado weather at all.

I had a not so great 10K 3 weeks ago where I got a huge blister and had to walk most of the last mile. Not fun. I did get to run part of the race with my family. The kids completed their first 5K, which was lots of fun. DH had an awesome PR in a half 10 days ago (his first sub 2 hour half!) and yes he used Galloway. His next goal is 1:50. This course was very hilly, he is switching to something flat to get to 1:50.

I am training for the Tink and have many races I would love to do next year. We'll have to see how the finances work out. Since we are in CA now, I am in for the DL half next year. It looks like we may do a 5K turkey trot as a family on Nov 17th. The kids already want a PR.

I mostly wanted to come on here and say I am still alive and running. I gained 10 pounds in this move and am working to kick them to the curb and continue to my goal.

Good luck to all our racers this weekend, especially Lisa, Rose, Dottie, Melinda, and Nicole. Have an awesome race! Be sure to have a celebration drink for me!

DLR: many times as a local 1984-1995, June 2009, December 2009, June 2010, October 2010 (day trip), October 2011, January 2012 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, July/August 2012, August/September 2012, January 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, March 2013, Dumbo Double Dare August/September 2013, Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2014

WDW: 1980, September 2008, February 2014 Princess Half Marathon-first coast to coast

Upcoming DLR trips: August 2014 Dumbo Double Dare 2: Liesel Strikes Back and first 10K with my DS, November 2014 Avengers Half Marathon (because I have a problem saying no to inaugural events), January 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon (see Avengers), May 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon and birthday trip

liesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: