Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #76
Earning My Ears

Splash MOUNTAIN
303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #77
tinkerbelt
DIS Veteran

Wine Country Trattoria - 8/25/12

We decided to go for the WoC package at WCT, and we were impressed.

Let me start out by saying that I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the food at DLR. We're local, so we try to avoid eating in the parks whenever we can, because the food is expensive, and usually microwaved.

We went to the WCT and I had the seafood pasta, which was ok, but not great. The scallops were a little fishy, and I thought that it would have been better with a lighter pasta, like angel hair, but they used spaghetti. It was still good for Disney food. It was a three course meal -- salad, entree, and dessert. They also had unlimited bread, fresh from the oven, that was really good.

My boyfriend had the filet, and it was fantastic. It was a great cut of meat, and it was a little overdone for him (he asked for medium rare, and it came out medium), but it was still really good -- perfectly seasoned, and very tender. The filet was served with bleu cheese, and came with a side of fresh green beans and potatoes.

The dessert was fantastic -- it was a sampler platter with macaroons (pistachio and raspberry), tiramisu, vanilla custard with berries, and an espresso chocolate torte.

You really can't beat a good filet, salad, bread, and dessert (plus WoC tickets) for $39. We definitely have plans to go back and do this again.

tinkerbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #78
jason41483
Mouseketeer

9/8-9/10/12

Napa Rose (at Grand Californian Hotel) - Where Blue Bayou wins in ambiance, Napa Rose sits above all in food quality. Hands down, the best restaurant in DLR - no other holds a candle to it among all DL, DCA, or Downtown Disney restaurants. Try the diver scallops to start, melts in your mouth. I had the pork chop, was a great flavor profile topped with peaches and a black bean & bacon base. My wife had the filet (requested medium rare finish), again, melts in your mouth. Ask for the Lasseter Winery Rose - John Lasseter's family owns vineyards and they distribute their wine to Disney resorts only, not sold in stores! Very cool and unique thing to try, keep the cork as a keepsake! Best dessert on the menu is the smore, blew my mind! MUST TRY. Expensive (more than Blue Bayou), but if you're willing or able to do one big dinner out, go to Napa Rose. The bar lounge has a better ambiance than the dining room, so sit there - first come, first served.

Blue Bayou - Setting was amazing as always, my wife and I were seated on the railing by the water of POTC, never sat there in five lifetime visits. Garden salad was very good, lemon dressing was tasty. We both got surf and turf - lobster tail hit the spot. Filet was a little dry (requested medium finish) and portion maybe enough to split for two. Potatoes gratin were a little oily, tasted a bit like mac & cheese and would rather ask for mashed or roasted potatoes instead.

Disneyland - 1994, 1999, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
Aulani - 2012
jason41483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #79
twinky
Earning My Ears

I've only had the Cafe Orleans ones, but

I could be (easily) persuaded to try the Jazz Kitchen version!

Quote:
Which beignets are better, Jazz kitchen or Cafe orleans?
twinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #80
Denicio
Earning My Ears

OK, it can now be said i am a moron! I see folks saying they have posted reviews but i cant find one! Can someone help me find some Disneyland reviews? Where do these things show up. I am 43 and not a total idiot when it comes to the interwebz, but i simply thought that a thread in the forum that stated it was about reviews...well...would have reviews.

What am i missing??

Please educate me.

Denicio
1999 (May) 3 day weekend at All Star Movie
2000 Full family at Dixie Landing (old name)
2003 Full family at Riverside Port Orleans
2006 Full Family off Property at Orange Lake
2008 Disney Cruise
Denicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #81
Mouseketeers4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denicio View Post
OK, it can now be said i am a moron! I see folks saying they have posted reviews but i cant find one! Can someone help me find some Disneyland reviews? Where do these things show up. I am 43 and not a total idiot when it comes to the interwebz, but i simply thought that a thread in the forum that stated it was about reviews...well...would have reviews.

What am i missing??

Please educate me.

Denicio
There are links to the reviews on the first page of this thread.

3 1
Mouseketeers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #82
dhorner233
Disneyophile

I'm drooling all over my keyboard looking at the pictures and reading these reviews.

I am going to DLR in a few weeks, what would you consider your NOT TO BE MISSED meals?

I MUST have a Monte Cristo sandwich from the French Market or the Blue Bayou. I'm so bummed they don't sell them at WDW anymore!

I have made reservations for Ariel's Grotto. I see the reviews are mixed but, I want to see the inside of the restaurant and I have never met a princess!!!

I have also made reservations for the Critter Breakfast at the Storyteller's Cafe.

I have about 5 more meals to eat while I am there. I love the ribs at WDW. Would you say the ribs are better at Flo's or at the Taste Pilots? What else would you recommend.

I come from The Land of NO Restaurants so this is a big treat for me!

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #83
greenkai3000
Mouseketeer

DCA Favorites?

I'd love to see what all meals are a must. I didn't see any reviews for CarsLand restaurants on here.
Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Resort Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012, Off-Site December 2013 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

greenkai3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #84
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

I really wish there were some newer reviews on this!! I love the ones I have read and it has helped me but they are all over 2 yrs old!!

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #85
CoolSurfPenguin
Earning My Ears

Our absolute FAVORITE place to eat is the Blue Bayou. There's just something about the atmosphere... We always order the Monte Cristo and do the split plate since it's plenty of food for both of us. But to avoid the split plate charge we just ask for an extra plate. This basically means we share the entire meal (including the salad) which we don't really mind. I can't wait until our next one! Sooo yummy!!!
CoolSurfPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #86
dhorner233
Disneyophile

The Monte Cristo is my all time Disney favorite food!! I had one a couple of weeks ago at Cafe Orleans. But, Blue Bayou is my favorite Disney restaurant too!! Just ate there a few weeks ago and it was perfect, like always!

Here is the Roasted Beef Strip Loin:

And here is the Buccaneers Boneless Beef Short Ribs:

Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #87
disneychoc
Earning My Ears

Il looks delicious !! :D
disneychoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #88
Sporthighlights90
Earning My Ears

Enjoyed it
Sporthighlights90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #89
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkai3000 View Post
I'd love to see what all meals are a must. I didn't see any reviews for CarsLand restaurants on here.
I loved Flo's Diner! Thought it was beautiful inside and out. We went for breakfast this was Bananas Foster:

It was very tasty but thick/dense as a brick. I could only eat about 1/4 of it.

Here is the regular breakfast. Nothing special here:

But, the big winner was the pork loin with Coke-a-cola barbecue sauce. YUMMY!!! I ate every bite of this!

The atmosphere was fun. One side was set up in pink with Lavern's Motorama Girls.

The other side was themed as Doc Hudson's clinic:

Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #90
Cupcakesmmm
Why wait until the end for dessert?

Location: Lake Forest. 20 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Smile Radiator Springs Racers

Waited in line for 2 hours. Well worth the wait.
Cupcakesmmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: