Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #871
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I think they meant that on your check out day they allow people to 'cash in' their CS meals for snacks, and they were wondering if they could do that throughout their stay as well.

Not necessarily when things expire.
That's exactly what I meant. I guess I will try it when I get there and see what happens!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 11-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #872
DBLGRR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Enjoy your vacations.
Thank you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #873
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobirdsmommy View Post
Mousekeeping was fine, no issues no complaints there. And yes we did see snakes outside our room. Rule is on Disney property they can not be killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
Umm, snakes?

Well I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to kill Mousekeeping staff on Disney Property either...

... but as for snakes, yes you might just see a few of them around, just like any other native Florida critters. You'll see a lot more ducks, rabbits, frogs and little lizards though.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 11-07-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #874
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to kill Mouskeeping on Disney Property either...

... but as for snakes, yes you might just see a few of them around, just like any other native Florida critters. You'll see a lot more ducks, rabbits, frogs and little lizards though.

Andre
Well-played Andre.

My room request just became a 2nd/3rd floor.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #875
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Just added 2 more days to our PORs ressie!! Now Sept 13-27th..free dinning and 10 day WP&M hopper passes.. 310 days to go!!!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #876
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
Just added 2 more days to our PORs ressie!! Now Sept 13-27th..free dinning and 10 day WP&M hopper passes.. 310 days to go!!!
Exciting!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #877
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Hey there everyone! I am kind of new and late to this thread but we are leaving in just 7 days for POR in one of the new RGR- its a surprise for our 2 daughters. We have a garden view and requested to be near elevator in Oak manor- are there any other suggestions as to location?? Also how are the busses from here and how long a walk is it from here over to the FQ -as we'd like to go there a few mornings to get the beignets- they are awesome! thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #878
SunnyDey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Hey there everyone! I am kind of new and late to this thread but we are leaving in just 7 days for POR in one of the new RGR- its a surprise for our 2 daughters. We have a garden view and requested to be near elevator in Oak manor- are there any other suggestions as to location?? Also how are the busses from here and how long a walk is it from here over to the FQ -as we'd like to go there a few mornings to get the beignets- they are awesome! thanks in advance.
We just got back from our trip where we had a royal room with a garden view in Oak Manor. We ended up just a few doors down from the elevator on the second floor, facing the river. It was an awesome room. We could see the fountain out front and the river. I had requested a room in Oak Manor as close as possible to the foot bridge. The south depot bus stop near the lobby was the closest for us. It was maybe a 5 minute walk with our 3 year old. We found everything to be very convenient from this location. We walked over to FQ one day, and I think it was maybe a 15 minute walk, but again, this was with a 3 year old so we didn't walk at a record pace.

Have a great trip!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #879
jamala
Mouseketeer

Dh just booked a "room only" night for us Friday night. We check into BC Saturday and start our package but we are going to be able to leave early Friday and get to check our this resort for future stays. It will be 3 kids (17,14,6) and me and DH. The kids are excited about staying here and we plan to boat to DTD and redeem our voucher to get our PP+ card then explore the resort and eat at chef Mickeys that night. What would be the easiest way to get to chef mickeys from this resort and should I request any particular room location when we check in??
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #880
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
Big big BIG thanks to Venomhatch for help with my room request for our trip in 9 days!
Mr. Elg sent me an email an hour after my fax stating he had assigned me a room with my requests!!
I'm so excited!!!
I've seen several posts about a Mr. Elg sending emails to people who have faxed requests. Should I assume my request has a smaller chance of being honored if this Mr. Elg didn't email me? Honestly I am so happy to be going back to POR after a long absence that I could sleep in the lobby on a bench and be happy but just curious why some would get an email response to a faxed request and others don't.

Just back from a fabulous 8 days!
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #881
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited! Thanks to Venom's help I was able to fax in my request today. Only one more work/school day, then we drive down to the dark side for a couple of days before Disney on Sunday.

We are thrilled to be staying at POR and our excitement has a great deal to do with this thread and board. Thank you all, but esp. Venom and Andre!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #882
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMom View Post
I'm so excited! Thanks to Venom's help I was able to fax in my request today. Only one more work/school day, then we drive down to the dark side for a couple of days before Disney on Sunday.

We are thrilled to be staying at POR and our excitement has a great deal to do with this thread and board. Thank you all, but esp. Venom and Andre!
We will be there on Monday !!!

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. 5 nights. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. 8 Nights. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. 8 nights. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. 8 nights. {B]April-May2012.CSR[/B]: My birthday celebration In Disney. 8 Nights. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. 10 nights. September 2013. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary
DH DS Me
Old 11-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #883
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMom View Post

Yeah no problem of course. Have a magical stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMommy View Post
I've seen several posts about a Mr. Elg sending emails to people who have faxed requests. Should I assume my request has a smaller chance of being honored if this Mr. Elg didn't email me? Honestly I am so happy to be going back to POR after a long absence that I could sleep in the lobby on a bench and be happy but just curious why some would get an email response to a faxed request and others don't.
Well PM me and see what we can do.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #884
ajordan79
Mouseketeer

Another question! We are traveling with another family and I've been handling everything for the both of us. I will do online check-in for each of us, but when I send the fax, do I need to do it twice? The only thing that we are requesting is the mansion section (location isn't an issue) and connecting rooms. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #885
jessic2422
Mouseketeer

mug refills

We are staying in the RR for the first time in Jan. How far to the refill station for our mugs?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: