Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #46
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly
My response to "bored" kids?? "Bored? You're boring."
Funny i tell my husband this too! ;-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #47
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I can't help but wonder if the people that complain the parties are too loud are also the ones who complained some of the attraction soundtracks were too loud. And are the reason you could barely hear some of them during my last trip. You could hardly hear the music on Splash Mountain. Or on Its a Small World either.
I'm someone who thinks the noise level on the pool parties is too loud, and I've never thought any of the attraction soundtracks were too loud. But I expect the soundtrack to an attraction to be of a certain volume. I don't expect to go to the pool and hear a CM screaming into a microphone. I think what bothers me most is that the regular pool music will be playing and then the music from the parties is on top of that.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #48
Sarahleigh
Mouseketeer

We only spent one day by the pool on our last trip a year ago and it was during the pool party hours. I have to agree that it might be a bit much. Did it totally ruin my pool experience? Absolutely not. I enjoyed watching the kids compete in the games for a little bit but after that just trying to lay down and relax was really hard with the music volume. A simple decrease in the music level probably could have helped substantially.

I really felt bad for anybody who may have been in the surrounding rooms trying to get their little ones to nap too..

1993 Offsite 2000 Offsite April 2005 CBR May/June 2009 All Star Sports October 2010 Pop Century
September 2011 Pop Century (GOT ENGAGED! ) November 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Our first "Christmas" visit!)

Sarahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #49
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I completely understand and find it annoying myself! I liked the days when you were at Disney and you were AWAY from everything! I LOVE all kinds of music, but I love the resort specific music when Im at WDW!

I guess the only answer is for us to move to the quieter pool but its a bit annoying not to be able to enjoy the main pool..

I dont see why there cant be a happy medium and instead of all afternoon just do 2 hours of ganes for the kids.. I mean what happend to the days the pool was all the kids needed to keep the busy and happy> lol
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #50
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
uh oh. what are the quiet pools actually like? lol my boyfriend and i will be at POR in february and i was hoping that we could stay away from the main pool to avoid all activities and loud fun! lol
Are you staying on the Mansion side or the Alligator Bayou section? We have stayed in both. The "quiet" pools are basically set apart from the main pool - no lifeguard, slides, music, bar, etc. We recently stayed at Oak Manor and had the pool next to our building - very quiet - very private - very nice. Both in POR are surrounded by great settings. When we stayed in the AB section, one day the pool was very quiet and the next it was as loud as the main pool with adults/kids screaming, etc. Sometimes it is hit or miss. Disney notes them on the maps of the resort as "quiet pools" but some just see them as an extra pool. To each his own - i realize everyone is paying the same to stay at the resort, etc. For me they are a place to relax, read my book, listen to my own music.
Enjoy!!

JoAnnPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #51
dansdad
DIS Veteran

If designated as a quiet pool, that only means there are no CMs playing music and organizing activites. They are only as quiet as the people using them at the time. In my experience they are usually pretty quiet though.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #52
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelletreasure View Post
Even with all the adults who love Disney on their own, it is first and foremost for children and families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360 View Post
Very well said! If you cant handle being around families with kids, Disney is not the place for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
you need to find a new vacation destination if you want to complain about kid activities
I do not work for Disney and therefore do not know whether they see themselves as being primarily 'for' families w/ children, and would rather the rest of us not spend our money there. However as Disney does host and heavily advertize adult type events such as food and wine in the fall, the garden event in the spring, numerous conventions, a pro golf tournament, numerous very pricey weddings, etc.. I suspect that their target demographic is not so narrow.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #53
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
I can't help but wonder if the people that complain the parties are too loud are also the ones who complained some of the attraction soundtracks were too loud. And are the reason you could barely hear some of them during my last trip. You could hardly hear the music on Splash Mountain. Or on Its a Small World either.
But I don't mind hearing the noise on the attractions... but I shouldn't be able to hear it outside of the attraction or in the bathrooms because it is too loud. That is closer to some of the complaints here. That the noise and music are so loud that you can hear it all over the resort and even in some of the rooms. THAT is too loud. Not even the movies at POFQ were that loud (we had a room that faced the area they played the movies).

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #54
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
I'm someone who thinks the noise level on the pool parties is too loud, and I've never thought any of the attraction soundtracks were too loud. But I expect the soundtrack to an attraction to be of a certain volume.
We were at Beauty and the Beast in April of 2011 and the volume was so loud we almost walked out. I held my hands over my ears the whole time. That is not the only show that was too loud, either.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #55
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Speaking for myself, no.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #56
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Wow, I'm with you on this one. I really didn't expect a deluxe resort to have loud rock music at the pool. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and really am not looking forward to something like this. Is this something new that they started at Disney? They don't do that at the BC/YC pool. At least they didn't do it all the times I've been there.
SAB does the same thing.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #57
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

They ALL do even at GF!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #58
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

My DS11 had an issue with this at CBR in August. Music was way too loud, 2 attendants yelling in microphone, blocking sidewalk, general nuisance. He requested to never stay at that resort again; we didn't realize all pools now have this. Needless to say, we spent less than 30 minutes at pool in 7 days.....ugh!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #59
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

All the resorts are doing several hours worth of pool games in the afternoon.

I don't know who decided it needed to be a multi-hour thing. Every hour play a 20 minute game or have a dance break, then let the kids swim for awhile.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #60
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad
If designated as a quiet pool, that only means there are no CMs playing music and organizing activites. They are only as quiet as the people using them at the time. In my experience they are usually pretty quiet though.
yes. totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle

Just a friendly FYI, "quiet" pools mean there is no slide, lifeguards, or organized activities. They are not ment for slient swimming. WDW actually calls the leisuer pools.
I dont know why, but this made me chuckle. Lol!

~~~~~~~~

Most resorts have quiet pools. if you dislike the activities and/or noise that much, go to the quiet pool. If you expect to be swimming in silence then your expectations are incredibly unrealistic. In this case, definitely vacation somewhere else. Quiet pools have no activities or music. If your fellow swimmers are making noise and shouting then that's beyond anyones control. I dont think there's a noise policy at the quiet pools, is there?

Having said that, I dont see anything wrong with asking the CM to turn the music down. I remember at CSR this past August the CMs had the music volume on pretty low. You could barely hear the music.

I dont see anything wrong with having activities every half hour or the first 20 min of the hour. I could have swore I saw this at Pop one time.

I actually dont mind the games, music, noise and chaos. I happent to like it! Its a lot of fun.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 11-08-2012 at 08:03 AM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: