Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Adults Only Areas on Fantasy

Does anybody have a list of adults only areas on the Fantasy? I am trying to familiarize myself with the deck plans, but I am wondering what areas we need to avoid when we are together as a family.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Satellite Falls - Deck 13 forward
the Spa - deck 11 & 12 forward
Quiet Cove pool - deck 11 forward
Europa - deck 4 aft
Remy/Palo/Meridian - deck 12 aft
Cove Cafe - deck 11 forward

There might be more, but that's what comes to mind right now. Really, the only one you might wander across accidentally is the Quiet Cove pool.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The night club area is adults only after 9 pm. Some venues are used for family activities during the day (mostly The Tube).

It is easy to think of--the adult only areas are the pool and spa areas of decks 11, 12, and 13 forward and the adult dining (Palo and Remy) on deck 12 aft. Avoiding adult dining areas is no problem--you won't get past the desk with kids. You'll avoid the adult pool/Cove Cafe areas if you use the midship or aft elevators to access the pool decks as the family pools, food outlets, etc. are all midship or aft.

And thanks for asking!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
drsg
Mouseketeer

Deck 12 with the little wading pool above the adult pool area is a family area. This is good, as the entrance to the Edge is near there and kids can then just walk to Deck 12 forward if they need to get to their rooms. One FYI, our conceirge host told us that kids can walk though any adult area, as long as they don't stay to use it. This came up as we were talking about the conceirge sundeck area not being open after 10. She told us it was open but we had to get there through Deck 13. We said, well that is adults only, so our son can't come with us. She made it very clear that it would be OK. Now, our son like so many kids, is teriffied to go into any area marked adults only (man, we had trouble getting him to go through the Europa area during the day!), so we didn't ever do it and of course, you always run the risk of running into some passenger who might say something to your child even though it is OK, so being armed with info on where the adult areas are is a good thing.
drsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsg
Deck 12 with the little wading pool above the adult pool area is a family area. This is good, as the entrance to the Edge is near there and kids can then just walk to Deck 12 forward if they need to get to their rooms. One FYI, our conceirge host told us that kids can walk though any adult area, as long as they don't stay to use it. This came up as we were talking about the conceirge sundeck area not being open after 10. She told us it was open but we had to get there through Deck 13. We said, well that is adults only, so our son can't come with us. She made it very clear that it would be OK. Now, our son like so many kids, is teriffied to go into any area marked adults only (man, we had trouble getting him to go through the Europa area during the day!), so we didn't ever do it and of course, you always run the risk of running into some passenger who might say something to your child even though it is OK, so being armed with info on where the adult areas are is a good thing.
I'm sure I speak for many when I thank you or your consideration! But you really can walk through the adult area if you need to. If you find yourself there with kids for some reason, just walk through quietly. And from the sound of your son, I imagine he would be too respectful (or scared ) to make much noise. When I have my kids I do use the other elevators just because it's the polite thing to do...but I have gone through with my kids on the way to the pool after visiting the spa to make a reservation. They know the rules (it's QUIET Cove), and we've never gotten dirty looks. That I saw, at least
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. That makes it easier to visualize where to avoid. We have a GTY rate and I don't know where our room will be yet, but if it is forward I will try to remember to use the midship/aft elevators when we need to go to the upper decks.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
Favorite Auntie
8 Disney nieces & nephews!
I'm in the loop now!
The real question should be WHEN do they sleep??
The TF's friend

I have seen adults spoken to by the staff if they come in with children, but not if they are just walking through. That is ridiculous. You should be fine.

MANY IN BETWEEN!!!

Favorite Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: