Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Going to the beach....

Hubby and I have went to Seven Mile Beach before on a cruise and I don't remember what we did. I was looking up excursions and through Disney, it would cost us $125 to get there! Please tell me I'm right....there's taxi's and whatnot right at the port to take us where we want? No need to book through Disney. With hubby and I it was just us, but now we have 5 of us and $125 to go to the beach is a little insane.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Arkum
Mouseketeer

We just went in October and there are vans waiting outside the port to offer up their services. We didn't stop at the normal docking point due to winds or something and were on the other side of the island. It cost us $45 each way for our group of nine. I'm sure if they dock in the normal spot it's much closer and much cheaper!
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Tangoqueen
Earning My Ears

We went last week and stopped at a different port due to a rough sea. Disney put on free shuttle buses to take us to George Town and then when we got off I enquired about a taxi and the shuttle bus driver overheard and offered to take us to 7 mile beach for 5 dollars each for our party of 4 adults, we then got a van back for the same price.
Tangoqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Thanks all! I thought that's how it works, but couldn't remember....its been a few years since we've gone on a cruise.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If you tender to the normal spot, you have 2 options--you can hop a cab/van at the tender area for about $5 PP or use the public bus for $2. The bus does make a bunch of stops, so unless you are really into saving a few dollars, use a cab. There are plenty of places to rent whatever you want at the beach and to buy food. Sorry, but $125 for a beach day is insane!

We've done 2 different activities thru Captain Marvin (island tour and snorkel 1/2 day). In each case, we were offered a drop off at either Sea Grape or 7 Mile beach or a return to the tender port. If we chose the beach, we'd save one way transportation costs.

There are also plenty of cabs at the beach to bring you back..and if you don't see one, any of the vendors will call one for you. Also, if you know your time frame, tip your driver well on the way there and tell him what time you want him to return for you.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
If you tender to the normal spot, you have 2 options--you can hop a cab/van at the tender area for about $5 PP or use the public bus for $2. The bus does make a bunch of stops, so unless you are really into saving a few dollars, use a cab. There are plenty of places to rent whatever you want at the beach and to buy food. Sorry, but $125 for a beach day is insane!

We've done 2 different activities thru Captain Marvin (island tour and snorkel 1/2 day). In each case, we were offered a drop off at either Sea Grape or 7 Mile beach or a return to the tender port. If we chose the beach, we'd save one way transportation costs.

There are also plenty of cabs at the beach to bring you back..and if you don't see one, any of the vendors will call one for you. Also, if you know your time frame, tip your driver well on the way there and tell him what time you want him to return for you.
Thanks! Yes, I do remember now....our driver would always ask when to come back to pick us up. Peace of mind instead of wondering how we're getting back. What's Sea Grape?
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: