Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Delrea
Mouseketeer

closet space and underbed storage on Fantasy

I am starting to pack for our 7 night. What is the closet space and underbed storage like on the Fantasy?
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The bed frame is high so your luggage will easily slide underneath, especially compared to the classic ships where you sometimes have to lift the bed frame to store your luggage.

Closet space -- two side by side closets. Shelves at the top where the life jackets live. some of the space in one closet is taken up by the safe.

The ottoman has a lift-up top so you can put lots of stuff inside. The vanity (desk, whatever you want to call it) has shelves on either side.

Three dresser drawers and more shelves above, which we used for our "library." (We do a lot of reading on long cruises.) We didn't miss the steamer trunk storage available on the classic ships, but there were only two of us in the room.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

storage on the fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
The bed frame is high so your luggage will easily slide underneath, especially compared to the classic ships where you sometimes have to lift the bed frame to store your luggage.

Closet space -- two side by side closets. Shelves at the top where the life jackets live. some of the space in one closet is taken up by the safe.

The ottoman has a lift-up top so you can put lots of stuff inside. The vanity (desk, whatever you want to call it) has shelves on either side.

Three dresser drawers and more shelves above, which we used for our "library." (We do a lot of reading on long cruises.) We didn't miss the steamer trunk storage available on the classic ships, but there were only two of us in the room.
just wanted to say that there was more than enough storage space for my luggage but then again i was traveling by myself. But really there is pleanrty of space. I had three large suitescases i put one in the closet and the other two under the bed along with my two smaller cases. Have a wonderfull cruise
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

I don't have a picture of the insides of the closets, but they are roomy. Also, plenty of room under the bed. Here you can see the closets and the shelves next to them that has 2 or 3 drawers in it for storage. This is in addition to the vanity that has cabinets on each side of the mirror and drawers on one side of the desk.

Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
aaklang
Mouseketeer

We had three large suitcases and a stroller under the bed. We put most of our clothes in the drawers and some in the closet. All dirty laundry and shoes went in the closet. We had six drawers - one per family member, one for bathing suits and one for the kids' dinner clothes + pirate gear. We used the cupboard and shelf space but didn't need to put anything in the storage ottoman.

we had a family oceanview room with veranda (4C I think)
aaklang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The beds on the new ships are high with plenty of under bed storage space. The room space is basically enough, but not a huge amount. Closet is fine, drawers can be a little lacking sometimes.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaklang
We had three large suitcases and a stroller under the bed. We put most of our clothes in the drawers and some in the closet. All dirty laundry and shoes went in the closet. We had six drawers - one per family member, one for bathing suits and one for the kids' dinner clothes + pirate gear. We used the cupboard and shelf space but didn't need to put anything in the storage ottoman.

The family rooms have more space than the non-family rooms. I found the non-family room a little tight (but not impossible) for 2A and 2C for 7 nights. I brought a pop-up laundry hamper, but you could also throw dirty laundry into the suitcases under the bed. I think the problem with the 7-night for us is the dressy clothing for formal and semi-formal night plus a trip or two to Palo. All of that had to be hung up. We re-wear dress clothes on the cruise, but I always overpack anyway
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaklang View Post

May I ask what kind of stroller you brought? I'd love to be able to store one under the bed, out of the way!

Thanks in Advance!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

I haven't cruised yet, so take that with a grain of salt. There is a video on Youtube that shows the bed is 13 inches off the floor. We have an older Peg Perego Aria stroller that is under this height when layed down. I bought this off Craigslist and did get some odd looks when I brought out a ruler to measure. We haven't sailed yet, but I am hopeful that it will fit under the bed. Hopefully the PP will share what type of stroller they had.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: