Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
bgCruiser
Earning My Ears

We got robes in a non-concierge room! (Did we just get lucky?)

Hello everyone. Last year, we stayed in a verandah room on the Dream, as first-time cruisers. My finacee absolutely fell in love with the robes and slippers that were in the room. The robes were thick and plush - not the thinner waffle type that I've read about being in the spa. We didn't ask for the robes or slippers - they just showed up.

Does anyone have any idea how we got these robes? I've been searching the forums recently, as we are planning another cruise in December, and from what I can find, robes are only offered in concierge rooms. And if you ask the spa for a robe, it is not the plush/thick one.

If our room this year won't have a thick/plush robe, are they still available for purchase on board? I remember seeing them last year in a gift shop, but thought the price was a bit too high (something like $150? if I remember). Or can they be purchased online anywhere, pre-cruise?

Thanks for any feedback!
bgCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgCruiser View Post
Hello everyone. Last year, we stayed in a verandah room on the Dream, as first-time cruisers. My finacee absolutely fell in love with the robes and slippers that were in the room. The robes were thick and plush - not the thinner waffle type that I've read about being in the spa. We didn't ask for the robes or slippers - they just showed up.

Does anyone have any idea how we got these robes? I've been searching the forums recently, as we are planning another cruise in December, and from what I can find, robes are only offered in concierge rooms. And if you ask the spa for a robe, it is not the plush/thick one.

If our room this year won't have a thick/plush robe, are they still available for purchase on board? I remember seeing them last year in a gift shop, but thought the price was a bit too high (something like $150? if I remember). Or can they be purchased online anywhere, pre-cruise?

Thanks for any feedback!

Wow. You're really into robes..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
DL1957
DIS Veteran

After 10 cruises in veranda rooms we have never had robes in our stateroom so I believe you were lucky.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:

Thanks for any feedback!

What room/category were you in?

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

When I went to Aulani for my first DVC stay, there were these awesome, very plush robes in the room. Most comfortable robe I've ever worn. I priced them at the gift shop and they were $120. I think the price you saw should be about right, unfortunately.

I got a robe last cruise (not slippers though) and I was in a cat 7A. The reason I did though was because the deck manager wanted to do something nice for me after repairing an issue in my room. Had it for the whole 2 weeks. It was plush but not as wonderful as the Aulani robe. If you get to Aulani you will love them!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for any feedback!
That is pretty awesome...I am curious as well...what Cat were you? Were you celebrating a special occassion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
So am I...would love to bring my really comfy, plushy, robe on the cruise with us...but think hubby wont let me...too bulky...

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
So am I...would love to bring my really comfy, plushy, robe on the cruise with us...but think hubby wont let me...too bulky...
Have you thought about putting it in a Space Bag? I love those things.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Have you thought about putting it in a Space Bag? I love those things.
I hadn't... Great idea!

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

We got robes on one cruise also--our stateroom host told us it was because we were doing B2B cruises for a total of 25 nights (Atlantic crossing + first Med). We've done other B2Bs that we didn't get the robes. Still, it was a very nice touch. It made us feel special and cost DCL the cost of the laundry.

Our stateroom host was very clear when he delivered them that they needed to be returned to him at the end of the cruise and that if we wished to have them laundered during the cruise we needed only to ask him.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
bgCruiser
Earning My Ears

Hello, this is the original poster. Thanks for all of the feedback. To answer the question that a couple of you asked, we had an 04B on deck 8. We were celebrating an engagement, but I'm not even sure we told the stateroom host about it.

To the person who made fun of me, well, no I personally don't really love robes all that much. But I'm trying to make it part of the surprise for my fiancee on our second trip, since she loved it so much the first time around. If they aren't in the room, I was hoping someone had seen them online or could at least confirm that they were still for sale in the gift shop.
bgCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
nick262
DIS Veteran

I just bought one of the robes on the Wonder in Sept. I absolutely love this robe. I was in a one bedroom so they came with the room. They were only 75.00 though. Not sure if that is the price for concierge though or not.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
needAcruise
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post

The original poster may not be asking for the robe for himself, but he sure can describe it so well I can imagine having it on!

...the robes were thick and plush...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: