Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
standingtall
Earning My Ears

A supervisor put in an investigation on the recording and will call me back on Friday (like I said earlier) I called first thing this morning in case a room has opened up (like they advised I do) and was able to book in the same resort (thankfully). So it was resolved in the sense that I got the room we needed, I don't know whether the agent will still call me back on Friday when they have their results from the investigation and if it is in my favor it wouldn't matter since I have already rebooked a room.

I wasn't looking for any special treatment and do feel the original booking agent was partially at fault by not disclosing certain details and by not sending an email confirmation with the details like she said I would receive.

Either way, I am happy that we have our rooms as the airline tickets had already been purchased.
standingtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingtall View Post
The reason I didn't leave a deposit for the other room was because I wasn't asked too and didn't know, the second room was being paid by a relative so that's why I didn't pay it over the phone at the same time I did mine. I goofed up and the fact that I don't travel often just goes to show that I'm not very aware of the hotel policies and stuff, but I also believe disney goofed up by not sending me the confirmation email with my details on exactly when it needs to be paid by.

I have had this happen in the past...You don't know, and the CM doesn't always catch they need to take 2 separate deposits...It happens. Glad you did get the rooms you needed
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

I'm glad it turned out well for you.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Even though the email didn't come, the OP has stated the CM had said it needed to be paid within 7 days so the OP was aware of the policy. The email is auto generated so it's not as if the CM neglected to send something.

OP - glad it worked out that you got the room you needed. I think the aggravation with your original post was that the blame seemed to be placed on Disney versus you taking responsibility.

Life absolutely happens, which is the reason for the grace period. At least you'll know for next time
Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #20
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I assume these were packages and not just room only reservations, so most likely they were booked within the 45 day window that would require full payment. The CM probably gave you a break by not requiring both to be paid at the same time, but she should have give you options to make sure the reservation wasn't lost. Hopefully, at the very least, this experience will help that CM and others learn how to deal with last-minute bookings and how to help folks who may not know everything the first time they call.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
I was wondering the same thing? It would have guaranteed both reservations. Plus, room-only reservations do not need to be paid in full until arrival.
OP, did you book packages?
I am curious- a lot of people say this but I ALWAYS have to pay my room-only reservation in full by 45 days out or they will cancel it. Is this because of a discount code we get?

I like to pre-pay and do all that anyway, but I'm curious to know...
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD21 DD17 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 6/'14-offsite; 10/'14 offsite; 12/'14 ASMu- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
sndral
DIS Veteran

I'm very happy to hear things have been fixed and that you have the 2 rooms at aoa you wanted. Does DME have your flight info so that you're good to go when you arrive @ the airport?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl View Post
I am curious- a lot of people say this but I ALWAYS have to pay my room-only reservation in full by 45 days out or they will cancel it. Is this because of a discount code we get?

If you're being asked to pay in full 45 days out, that is most likely a package, not a room-only reservation.

I do think that some time ago if you booked online with certain discounts, they did give a confirmation that said you had to pay in full at 45 days...was it a certain type of discount? This did not apply for bookings by phone, only online.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl View Post

If you have had to pay 45 days out, then you had a package. I've used discount codes on room-only reservations and paid the balance at check in with no issues. But like you, I prefer to pre-pay, especially for our longer trips. We had a room-only reservation in May and I paid the last bit of it off right around the 10 day mark.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, here is what happened..
I booked 2 rooms in AOA for december. I paid for one in full on the day of the booking, and the other was to be paid within 7 days.I received confirmation for one reservation (by email) and was told by the agent that I will be receiving another email with a link to make the payment for the room that was not paid for.
Well the second email never came and my 7 days was going to be up yesterday (11/5) so I got home from work and looked in my email again, checked my spam folder.. etc. Nope no email ever came, so I went into My Reservations on the disney website and typed in the reservation number that was given to me over the phone and it was cancelled! I wasn't aware that if I didn't pay it by 10pm that it would be canceled.. I have never stayed at any of their resorts and the agent didn't mention it had to be done by 10pm of the 7th day.

So I tried calling but they were already closed, I called today and was told that it was cancelled and all there rooms are booked and I'm out of luck, to basically keep calling in case someone drops there reservation. I am so upset by this, I really thought they would have better customer service, the supervisor basically said the only thing she can do is have my conversation with the original agent reviewed to see if she disclosed all the information about the deposit to me and then she will personally give me a call this Friday pending the investigation.

What can I do?? Should I call tomorrow morning and speak to a different supervisor? Has this happened to anyone else?? :\ is this all my fault for not calling when I noticed I didn't get my reservation confirmation??
Quote:
The reason I didn't leave a deposit for the other room was because I wasn't asked too and didn't know, the second room was being paid by a relative so that's why I didn't pay it over the phone at the same time I did mine. I goofed up and the fact that I don't travel often just goes to show that I'm not very aware of the hotel policies and stuff, but I also believe disney goofed up by not sending me the confirmation email with my details on exactly when it needs to be paid by.

Some of you need to calm down and realize that not everyone is as experienced as you when it comes to these things, it's not like we purposely sat around and waited until the very last minute to pay.. it was more like busy life, then the hurricane cutting off all our power and realizing the last day to pay was coming up. That's what happened, I'm not blaming anyone and now I know how this whole thing works and glad it was resolved.

Thanks to those of you that provided good feed back and some encouraging support, to those that have all their I's dotted and T's crossed well sorry we can't be perfect and not make mistakes.
Glad it was resolved but, it sounds like from your post you were well aware of when it needed to be paid by. Not sure what the email would have done.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Internet mail is not a confirmed service. If it bounces for some unknown reason, neither party may be aware. If you were expecting a confirmation, you should have followed up. There are many reasons it could have happened, including the Cm did not enter the reservation correctly to incorrect email address to your email server was down due to a power outage.
Only in a few of those cases would Disney have some moral responsibility, but probably not a legal one. When making reservations it is always a good idea to make sure you get a confirmation. It is the only thing that will save your vacation, when you get up time the desk and they say there isn't a reservation in the system.

Most systems do not keep the record of the call, in most states they can't unless they prewarn you the call may be recorded. Thus with mist reservation systems there is no fallback except your confirmation.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Who knows???

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
Glad it was resolved but, it sounds like from your post you were well aware of when it needed to be paid by. Not sure what the email would have done.
"I wasn't aware that if I didn't pay it by 10pm "

That's the EXACT part the OP was talking about, that you quoted. If you think 7 days, you don't think 7 days by x o'clock.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
"I wasn't aware that if I didn't pay it by 10pm "

That's the EXACT part the OP was talking about, that you quoted. If you think 7 days, you don't think 7 days by x o'clock.
I would actually think 7 days by close of business on that day. Ten PM seems late.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I would actually think 7 days by close of business on that day. Ten PM seems late.
Right?! They give until 10p EST because that's when the phones close - that's nearly the end of the actual day!

What other company doesn't go by close of the business day, and a day is actually 11:59p for payments and such?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #30
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesgirl

I have used codes and AP discounts, always pay room only reservation at check-in. I pay a 1 night deposit at booking.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: