Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #3271
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!

Hey, to pass the time for those of us who still have a bit to go, how about telling us what your favorite ride is in each park? If you can narrow it down to just one! For me, it's almost impossible to pick just one, but here goes:

MK - Haunted Mansion
Epcot - Soarin
HS - ToT, RnR, and TSM (what can I say, I love them all!)
AK - EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
We just got back late last night from our anniversary trip. We had such a nice time. Our room location at AKL was the best we could have asked for. So close to the restaurants, buses, lobby. We were set. We had wonderful anniversary dinners at Jiko and Narcoossee's. Our meal at Narcoossee's was by far our best meal of the trip. We had the best server, Rita, who brought us dessert at the end on the house. Such a cute special touch. We really had a relaxing time. Although I enjoy all our Disney vacations, this one, was the most relaxing. I have never said a Disney vacation was relaxing before. Lol. Fun, but usually not relaxing.

We were able to get everything done that we wanted to do, but didn't get to see the new Fantasyland. Oh well, I guess we just have to go back at some point sooner rather than later.
Welcome back! Sounds like your room location was awesome and that your anniversary was celebrated in style! Glad you were able to relax a bit and see Disney at a little slower pace. Too bad about FLE, but as you say, that just makes it imperative that you plan another trip. Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
10 more working days wooo hooooo (unless I have to work on the weekends, but hey that's extra money!)
Vacation starts in 2 weeks......
It's getting here! Slowly but surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Good morning ya'll.

Another day closer.
I'll dance to that!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #3272
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

One favorite ride per park.... IMPOSSIBLE!!

MK...... I ....................can't pick just one.

Epcot....... Soarin.....but.... then there is Test Track

DHS.... ToT, RNR, TSM.........

AK.....Dinosaur, EE, The Lion King show
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #3273
Divaofdisney
Mouseketeer

Good Morning!!

Just a week from today and we will be at the airport right at this moment, yay!! Will be incredibly busy with work trying to get as much done as I can since I will be gone for a full 2 weeks- I will be soooooo ready for this vacation. Seeing some of our early folks already back is kind of sad but seems as though they had some amazing times!! Really looking forward to ours next week. All the months of planning and preparing will be so worth it- I can't wait to see the expression on our girls faces when we tell them we are not staying in the FQ but in the Royal Guest Room at POR- it will be priceless!! Then the 2nd surprise is a family carraige ride around th resort--I sure hope they like that one too!! Gotta go so much work to do today, take care all!!
2006- WDW- POFQ
2004- WDW & Universal- stayed offsite @ Universal
2002- DCL- Disney Magic 3/02
2000- DCL- Disney Magic 8/00 & WDW-Grand Floridian
1999- DCL- Disney Magic 6/99 & WDW-Old Key West
1998- DCL- Disney Magic 12/98
1997- WDW- Old Key West
1996- WDW- Old Key West
1986- WDW- offsite- Vistana Resort
1980- WDW- Polynesian
1972- 1st Trip to WDW- Offsite- Vistana Resort
Divaofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #3274
MamaPoppins
Mouseketeer

lets see

MK-space mt
AK-escape from mt everest
Epoct- soring
HWS- Rockin Roller coaster/ TT
Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #3275
nmills
Mouseketeer

Just had to say... It is snowing in NJ!! My kids are loving watching it come down. Just another reason for me to get excited to head to FL, a bit of warmer weather.
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #3276
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

I get so excited for snow. But I feel for those that are still suffering the after effects of Sandy. Still snow!!! Kids are probably so happy! Hoping for upper 70s during the day in FL!

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #3277
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Good morning everyone!!!!!! 18 days!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I cant pack this weekend due to soooo much stuff that is scheduled. I cant wait! Its coming fast now! I thought for sure the days would drag but nope!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #3278
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Good morning everyone!!!!!! 18 days!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I cant pack this weekend due to soooo much stuff that is scheduled. I cant wait! Its coming fast now! I thought for sure the days would drag but nope!

I'm glad they aren't dragging for you. They sure are for me. I'm only 16 days away. But its been 16 days FOR E V E R!!
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #3279
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

We're down to single digits until we begin our trip!

In discussions with the school about our surprise plan they told us we'd have to do it about an hour earlier than planned, which is fine with me except that it kind of messes with our time table some.

Here's the breakdown of how I had planned it originally. We'll pick up DD1 from school at 3pm and leave straight from there. The drive is approximately 20 hours plus we'll lose an hour for the time change. This would get us at AoA at noon on Saturday. The hope would be that we could check in and get our room keys, drop off our stuff and then nap and/or hang by the pool. If we were feeling particularly jaunty I might spring for the extra ticket day and head off to one of the parks. Considering that it will be before the 3pm check in time I'm not sure if our room will be ready yet, which means no place to nap.

With the change in plans we'll be picking her up at 2pm and leaving from there, which puts us arriving at 11am. I'm thinking that the likelihood that we'll be able to check in that early is slim and that our room would be available even slimmer. Considering that it is lunch time we might just head off to town and grab lunch someplace if we can't check in though.

There is always the thought of not leaving straight from school or by grabbing a hotel in Pensacola or something along the way, but I don't like those ideas.

As for my favorite rides and such from each of the parks...

MK - Buzz Lightyear and Splash Mountain
DHS - Movie Ride and Star Tours (Haven't done TSM yet)
Epcot - Don't really have one. Haven't done Soarin at Epcot but did it at DLP so that would have to be it. TT has been down each time I've been before.
AK - I love the safari ride. I forget what it's called but getting up close to the animals is pretty amazing.

Hope everyone has a great day!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #3280
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

We are back home after a lovely 6 days at the Happiest Place on the Planet!! Had a great time- some observations:

* It was definitely busier than 2 years ago- we didn't have to wait in really long queues because of FP and planning, but there were some long standby times out there and PLENTY of crowds!

* Teens really alter the commando plans! We didn't make a rope drop at all (came close a few days, but never before 9), took afternoon swim/ogle cute boys breaks every day, and took advantage of hopping to maximize late nights. Had fun, but really needed those FPs- planning which day to visit which park became important, too.

* Teenage girls will stop in EVERY STINKIN' GIFT SHOP IN ALL OF DISNEYWORLD!!! I don't want to shop ever again...

* Weather was gorgeous- highs of around 80 every day, lows of around 60. Sunny and breezy. There was a slight sprinkling of rain yeaterday morning, but otherwise, perfect November weather.

* Enjoyed All Star Music resort. Pool was nice, food court convenient and good food. CMs were all friendly and service was great. Would definitely stay there again. Buses were pretty convenient, although the loooong walk to the far-flung All Stars stops at the end of a long day was a little daunting.

* We didn't get to see the FLE at all, but it didn't ruin the trip for us. We'll just have to plan another one in 2014 so we can experience it when it is all complete.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #3281
zandorian
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
We are back home after a lovely 6 days at the Happiest Place on the Planet!! Had a great time- some observations:

* It was definitely busier than 2 years ago- we didn't have to wait in really long queues because of FP and planning, but there were some long standby times out there and PLENTY of crowds!

* Teens really alter the commando plans! We didn't make a rope drop at all (came close a few days, but never before 9), took afternoon swim/ogle cute boys breaks every day, and took advantage of hopping to maximize late nights. Had fun, but really needed those FPs- planning which day to visit which park became important, too.

* Teenage girls will stop in EVERY STINKIN' GIFT SHOP IN ALL OF DISNEYWORLD!!! I don't want to shop ever again...

* Weather was gorgeous- highs of around 80 every day, lows of around 60. Sunny and breezy. There was a slight sprinkling of rain yeaterday morning, but otherwise, perfect November weather.

* Enjoyed All Star Music resort. Pool was nice, food court convenient and good food. CMs were all friendly and service was great. Would definitely stay there again. Buses were pretty convenient, although the loooong walk to the far-flung All Stars stops at the end of a long day was a little daunting.

* We didn't get to see the FLE at all, but it didn't ruin the trip for us. We'll just have to plan another one in 2014 so we can experience it when it is all complete.

Glad to hear All Star Music resort was good,as we will be there is a little under 24hrs

How where the waits for the bus' ??
zandorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #3282
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Just had to say... It is snowing in NJ!! My kids are loving watching it come down. Just another reason for me to get excited to head to FL, a bit of warmer weather.
LOL isn't this weather Crazy?!! I can't believe i'm looking at snow right now. 8 more days till sun & nice weather!!!!
mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #3283
nmills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap

LOL isn't this weather Crazy?!! I can't believe i'm looking at snow right now. 8 more days till sun & nice weather!!!!
It is very crazy! We can't wait for the sun! 13 days for us!
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #3284
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandorian View Post
Glad to hear All Star Music resort was good,as we will be there is a little under 24hrs

How where the waits for the bus' ??
Mostly less than 5 mins. We did wait about 15 for an Epcot bus the first day, and some buses stopped at all 3 All Stars. But really smooth overall.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #3285
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Hey, to pass the time for those of us who still have a bit to go, how about telling us what your favorite ride is in each park? If you can narrow it down to just one! For me, it's almost impossible to pick just one, but here goes:

MK - Haunted Mansion
Epcot - Soarin
HS - ToT, RnR, and TSM (what can I say, I love them all!)
AK - EE:
Mine would have to be:

MK - Big Thunder Mountain - my kids adore this, which makes it great!
Epcot - Soarin
HS - RnR
AK - Kali River Rapids

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: