Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
undchefreak
Mouseketeer

Solo trip planning. Help me fill in the blanks please

So now that my DVC purchase was snapped up by Disney, I am making plans to stay in a value resort and tour all of the other DVC properties to decide which I want (OKW is getting snatched up more often, moving on).

Here are my plans.
Book Hotel only reservation at value resort and pay OOP for food. Pre-purchase a 10 day non expiring PH with water park option (planning on using 2 days this trip, and I know I'll be back; I enjoy the WP's but won't in January)
Arrive Saturday in January mid afternoon
Go to DTD and explore
Eat lunch or dinner at Earl of Sandwich
Continue exploring
Sunday - Parks (at least 2 based on crowd level, will also consider attending EMH if more than 1 hour) No ideas for food, other than cinnamon roll at Main Street Bakery for breakfast
Monday - Explore the DVC resorts. Go to a DVC presentation and try to get some FP's for Tuesday (I'm not sure if they work the next day, but if they do awesome). No concrete ideas for food yet, but I would like to try Beaches and Cream. I'm a big dessert person
Tueday - another park day, use FP from yesterday at HS TSMM.

For food, I'm not getting a dining plant, and I'm open to both TS and CS. I would like to do 2 TS meals (to be paid for with gift certs from work).

I just went to Disney with a friend for 4 days in September and we had a blast (ate at LeCellier, Tutto, and Kona), but she is NOT a fan of anything outside the USA, and I want to live anywhere but here, so I did EPCOT WS alone, and really enjoyed it, but felt rushed to just be done with it.

I am looking for suggestions around this plant. I'm stuck on food especially (I'm a meat and potatoes person with cravings for non-spicy flair as well), but would take suggestions on attractions that may be easily missed. I am a read-every-single-word-in-the-museum kind of person, so don't limit attractions to only thrill ride .

Thanks for any input!

1st Disney Visit - DL 1991 stayed with family (as a child)
1999 May Pop Movies----2013 new DVC member!
2009 May DW Offsite----2013 Jan Split stay SSR & OKW
2012 Sept Coronodo-----2013 Oct DL at VGC
----------------------------2014 Jan OKW
undchefreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: