Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #3001
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We just got back last night from AKL. We had a wonderful 10th anniversary trip. First time since our honeymoon without the kids. It was so much fun and a whole different type of trip. We had a wonderful room location. Close to the restaurants, lobby, and buses. We had a wonderful anniversary meal at Jiko. The weather was awesome and we couldn't have asked for nicer staff. Great time!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #3002
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom
We will be there next month too! Arriving December 9 at a Jambo studio. I know the buses stop at Kidani first, so are they ever full before coming to Jambo? Or will we just most likely be standing?

Thanks!
I've never seen them too full.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #3003
HugeHabsFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
We get there on Dec 12th!! Can't wait!!
Me either. I am, by far, the most excited in the house. Another week or two and the kids should be on board.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #3004
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
We will be there next month too! Arriving December 9 at a Jambo studio. I know the buses stop at Kidani first, so are they ever full before coming to Jambo? Or will we just most likely be standing?

Thanks!
We were there in Aug and I don't remember them being standing room only.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #3005
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
We just got back last night from AKL. We had a wonderful 10th anniversary trip. First time since our honeymoon without the kids. It was so much fun and a whole different type of trip. We had a wonderful room location. Close to the restaurants, lobby, and buses. We had a wonderful anniversary meal at Jiko. The weather was awesome and we couldn't have asked for nicer staff. Great time!
. Glad you had a good vacay. We have ADR for Jiko in January. Looking forward to dining there
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #3006
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! New to the AKL thread.

My wife and I are super excited to be (soon-to-be) owners at AKV. Our first trip under DVC is still 2.5 years away (wish it could be sooner, but commitments have been made). This past May when we first visited AKL, I knew that I would be able to get lost in that place for a day. Amazing place. Is it okay if I don't like Zebra Domes?
AKV DVC Owner
Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #3007
Littlenemo
Mouseketeer

I have just booked for October 2013!!

Our first time on site too! I am so excited. We ate and Boma and Sanaa last year and loved it.

WDW Orlando

August 1998 : Radisson Resort Parkway
August 2000 : Westgate Villas
September 2011 : QII on I-drive
September 2012 : QII on I-drive

Disneyland Paris
September 2014 : Santa Fe Taking the baby to Disney!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #3008
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post

My wife and I are super excited to be (soon-to-be) owners at AKV. Our first trip under DVC is still 2.5 years away (wish it could be sooner, but commitments have been made). This past May when we first visited AKL, I knew that I would be able to get lost in that place for a day. Amazing place. Is it okay if I don't like Zebra Domes?
Congrats on your DVC purchase! "Welcome Home"! We consider DVC one of the best decisions we ever made!

There are several AKL/AKV regulars here who are NOT Zebra Dome fans -- that is allowed! As long as you LOVE AKL/AKV you belong here with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlenemo View Post
I have just booked for October 2013!!

Our first time on site too! I am so excited. We ate and Boma and Sanaa last year and loved it.
Congrats on the booking! Lots of experts here if you have any questions.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #3009
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there are any bathrobes in the non-DVC/concierge pool view rooms?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #3010
Littlenemo
Mouseketeer

Just wondering a couple of things.
Is it possible to walk to AK from here?
We will have a car but I know it's not too far so would be nice to walk it if we can.

Also what is the best way to get to Wilderness Lodge and DTD. Is it easy to get there on Disney transport?

We haven't ever used the transportation as have always stayed off site.
But there might be a couple of time we want to have a few alcoholic drinks.

Thanks!!

Any other advice is welcomed.

WDW Orlando

August 1998 : Radisson Resort Parkway
August 2000 : Westgate Villas
September 2011 : QII on I-drive
September 2012 : QII on I-drive

Disneyland Paris
September 2014 : Santa Fe Taking the baby to Disney!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #3011
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
Does anyone know if there are any bathrobes in the non-DVC/concierge pool view rooms?
Club Level rooms, both DVC and non-DVC, do have bathrobes. Non-Club Level rooms do not. Is that what you were asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlenemo View Post
Just wondering a couple of things.
Is it possible to walk to AK from here?
We will have a car but I know it's not too far so would be nice to walk it if we can.

Also what is the best way to get to Wilderness Lodge and DTD. Is it easy to get there on Disney transport?

We haven't ever used the transportation as have always stayed off site.
But there might be a couple of time we want to have a few alcoholic drinks.

Thanks!!

Any other advice is welcomed.
While it might be within walking distance, the area is not pedestrian friendly and you can not walk between the resort and the park.

The best way to WL and DTD would be the buses. The DTD bus stops at Jambo House first, then Kidani. The park buses all stop at Kidani first, then Jambo. For WL, there really is no direct way there. Easiest would be to take the MK bus, then the boat to WL.

Even when we have our car at WDW, we usually leave it parked at our resort the entire time and use Disney's transportation.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #3012
purplejulie456
Mouseketeer

I have a quick question...we are leaving in 5 days we were not going to do online check in. I read on another post not to if you were staying club level ..... I got an email from akl ipo yesterday and it said we could do checkin online.....so for the ones that stay cl what do you do
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL

Julie DS10

Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #3013
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post

Sure it's ok.....the cheesecake at Narcoosee's is what you wanna go for!!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #3014
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Good morning all the poster and all the veterans out there...

I will be updating the list today.. if you want to be on the list let me know, dates and resort and i will post later today..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #3015
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplejulie456 View Post
I have a quick question...we are leaving in 5 days we were not going to do online check in. I read on another post not to if you were staying club level ..... I got an email from akl ipo yesterday and it said we could do checkin online.....so for the ones that stay cl what do you do
When staying club level, we do not do online check in.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: