Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Pins AFTER Booking?

Just curious if you are ever assigned a pin to your household AFTER you have booked. I don't have our dates nailed down yet but sort of want to go ahead and reserve a resort.....I know I can apply any discounts that come out by calling but I wasn't sure about a household specific pin.......

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Yes, there could be a pin attached to your name after you have booked. If you call to book, you can ask if you have any codes. If you don't have anything at that time, you can always book and keep calling back to check. You can also receive an email pin or one by regular mail. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Yes, there could be a pin attached to your name after you have booked. If you call to book, you can ask if you have any codes. If you don't have anything at that time, you can always book and keep calling back to check. You can also receive and email pin or one by regular mail. Good luck.
Yes, this has happened to me more than once. One time I booked with free dining and then received a 40% room discount post card in the mail. I was too new at the time to realize the room discount was better, so didn't change anything! Go ahead and book, then check periodically for pins.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Yes on my first visit in 2010, I received a pin after I booked.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

This exact thing happened to us last month. I had booked a vacation a few months ago (figuring that if I did that I'd never get a PIN, but hoping for a GP discount later on). Then a month ago I received an email PIN that I was able to apply to our existing reservation. So YAY!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemom View Post
Just curious if you are ever assigned a pin to your household AFTER you have booked. I don't have our dates nailed down yet but sort of want to go ahead and reserve a resort.....I know I can apply any discounts that come out by calling but I wasn't sure about a household specific pin.......
A PIN became available after we had booked our last vacation and our travel agent applied it for us, about 3 months before our trip. She actually applied it and emailed me to let me know she had saved us over $900, I had no idea that any savings had become available!
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
disney newb
Mouseketeer

My experience was the opposite actually...I was received a few email with PIN offers but after we booked, not a peep from them! I mean there were promos that fell on our dates but we havent gotten any personal PIN code offer since.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

I hadn't received a pin in years. Then last month I booked the SPD as soon as it came out for Disney Visa holders. The next week I got the pin for free dining on the exact same dates or RO discounts for those dates plus more dates later into the year.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: