Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #1771
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Just stopping in for a quick hello

We got hit hard by Sandy, still no power and they don't expect us to get it back until the middle of next week . We got lucky and we able to get a room at the local hotel starting last night when their power came back.
Oh, Jungle, what a shocking week. May I send you a long-distance hug from Oz? I wish I could more. At least you have a lovely January to look forward to. Please take care.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #1772
longhornlaura
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I noticed this as well, I tried several dates between now and next spring but nothing came up for main bldg. TPV. I have to assume it is the same problem as andyman's issue with garden view next August - simply not in the system. Weird.

On a side note, I was checking for someone else, not me - phooey.
In response to the comments about no rooms being available in the main building with TPV, my family was originally booked to be in the main building TPV for the week of Thanksgiving. I received a call a little over a month ago letting us know that we were being moved. It is my understanding that guests are being moved due to Gasparilla's construction and how noisy it would be in those rooms. I would suppose that they are not taking reservations for those rooms until construction is expected to be completed.

Contemporary, Oct. 2003
Polynesian, June 2006
Polynesian, June 2009
Grand Floridian, Nov. 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #1773
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornlaura View Post
In response to the comments about no rooms being available in the main building with TPV, my family was originally booked to be in the main building TPV for the week of Thanksgiving. I received a call a little over a month ago letting us know that we were being moved. It is my understanding that guests are being moved due to Gasparilla's construction and how noisy it would be in those rooms. I would suppose that they are not taking reservations for those rooms until construction is expected to be completed.
I have a one night reservation for RPC TPV on 12/30.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #1774
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Hey everyone, I am sad to say that we won't be going to the GF until 2014 but happy to say that we found out Monday that our DS will be attending a summer program for his video tech class which he is excited about and he comes highly recommended by his tech teacher. This program is a college credit program which is another big plus as well.

So, the GF will just have to wait for us until we arrive in 2014 for our DS HS graduation trip. Sometimes I find myself feeling really guilty about being sad but our DS's education comes above all. I have to get all my out before our DS comes home from school. I don't want him to feel bad in anyway. So I will have to live vicariously through everyone else who will be going to my beloved GF. Hey, I look at it this way, it gives me more time to put more money away for RPC.

To anyone who is going soon or is there now, have a magical trip.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #1775
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Hey everyone, I am sad to say that we won't be going to the GF until 2014 but happy to say that we found out Monday that our DS will be attending a summer program for his video tech class which he is excited about and he comes highly recommended by his tech teacher. This program is a college credit program which is another big plus as well.

So, the GF will just have to wait for us until we arrive in 2014 for our DS HS graduation trip. Sometimes I find myself feeling really guilty about being sad but our DS's education comes above all. I have to get all my out before our DS comes home from school. I don't want him to feel bad in anyway. So I will have to live vicariously through everyone else who will be going to my beloved GF. Hey, I look at it this way, it gives me more time to put more money away for RPC.

Congratulations for your son! That is a great opportunity.. Of course you are going to be sad missing Disney but you are doing what is best for your children so at the same time you should feel proud!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1776
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WHAT!?!?! So, is your whole Poly/GF trip cancelled now???

But....what a great opportunity for your son!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #1777
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats to your DS...and RPC will be worth the wait....and the thread will get you through

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I have a one night reservation for RPC TPV on 12/30.
Perhaps it will be okay..and the reservation will stay intact

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
One more week to go, I'll bet you can hardly sleep. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the gingerbread house and look forward to a report on the progress.
We have GF Cafe for a late lunch next Thursday...here's to hoping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post

Sounds like a lot of people are getting ready to go to the Grand Floridian soon. I know that our pas will give us an update next week when she is at the Poly, let's just see if she stays with the Poly
Still at Poly....not that I haven't been checking availability

So glad to see you posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
We are staying CL at the Poly after Christmas for NYE. We are going with friends/family and decided to splurge on the Grand 1 for the NYE fireworks. I will try to take plenty of pictures and report back.
Fantastic That sounds absolutely GRAND

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #1778
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Congratulations for your son! That is a great opportunity.. Of course you are going to be sad missing Disney but you are doing what is best for your children so at the same time you should feel proud!!!
Thank you so much Butterflygirl35. Oh I am extremely proud of Michael. I have to say and not because he is my DS, but he really is a great kid. Straight A student in advanced classes, never have any trouble with him whatsoever. I mean we have our differences sometimes, but that's it. With some of the kids that I have seen today, we are truly blessed in all aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
WHAT!?!?! So, is your whole Poly/GF trip cancelled now???

But....what a great opportunity for your son!
Yes, Mousemommy1 the whole trip is postponed until 2014. The course will take up all but one week at that end in August. There are talks of the class going to California to film. So, we may be heading to the west coast for a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Congrats to your DS...and RPC will be worth the wait....and the thread will get you through
Hi pas130 Thank you so much. Michael is very excited about the program as we are as well.

Yes, you are right, RPC will definitely be worth the wait and a nice HS graduation trip for him as well.

Oh only a couple more days until your trip.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #1779
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi pas130 Thank you so much. Michael is very excited about the program as we are as well.

Yes, you are right, RPC will definitely be worth the wait and a nice HS graduation trip for him as well.

It's all good!!! Will you do a Poly/GF split? Fingers crossed a RPC room with the AP discount doesn't appear in the next few days... No GF during construction...I'm on strict orders

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #1780
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much Butterflygirl35. Oh I am extremely proud of Michael. I have to say and not because he is my DS, but he really is a great kid. Straight A student in advanced classes, never have any trouble with him whatsoever. I mean we have our differences sometimes, but that's it. With some of the kids that I have seen today, we are truly blessed in all aspects.

Yes, Mousemommy1 the whole trip is postponed until 2014. The course will take up all but one week at that end in August. There are talks of the class going to California to film. So, we may be heading to the west coast for a week.

Well, at least when you go in 2014, all of the construction should be DONE!!! So, you will be able to enjoy GF to the fullest!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #1781
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis1966 View Post
Disney-Kim,

Posted on the construction walls are artist's renderings of Sandy Cove and Gasparilla's...can't tell much about the gift shop, but the sketch of Gasparilla's looks amazing - high ceilings with luxurious-looking booths and tables. I don't know how accurate the sketch is, but it looked beautiful.

thanks, I saw the rendering and it looks really pretty...we are very excited for our first GF stay next April

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #1782
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Are there garden view rooms in Conch Cay or Sago Cay? (hope I got the names right) are the marina view rooms considered garden? I like the location of those buildings

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #1783
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We have stayed garden view Sago and requested marina view.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #1784
dragonfly57005
DIS Veteran

Coachbagfanantic: we're looking at waiting until 2014 as well. Seems like a new vehicle might be in our future.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #1785
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

pas130 - GF Cafe next Thursday! Here's hoping the gingerbread house is in progress...haven't heard anything so far, maybe I'll check around the web this afternoon.

CoachBagFanatic - sorry about canceling the trip. Congrats to your son, though, what a great program. Very exciting! You are, indeed, blessed to have such a great kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
Are there garden view rooms in Conch Cay or Sago Cay? (hope I got the names right) are the marina view rooms considered garden? I like the location of those buildings
Garden view in both Conch Key and Sago Cay, and yes, the marina view is considered garden view! With Conch, you could end up with a courtyard pool view; in Sago, you could get a back landscape/monorail view. Be sure to request a view of the marina, and ask again at check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly57005 View Post
Coachbagfanantic: we're looking at waiting until 2014 as well. Seems like a new vehicle might be in our future.
Sounds like you are having car issues, or are you simply ready for a new vehicle? Either way, sorry you may have to postpone a vacation, phooey. Still, a new car is exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornlaura View Post
Thank you for this info, clears that up! With these rooms directly over Gasparilla's, it makes sense to wait until the construction is nearly finished to open those rooms for booking. No reason to move people if they don't have to do so.

i_heart_the_mouse - with Gasparilla's scheduled to be finished by mid-December, IPO is probably waiting to move people who are scheduled after the projected dates. Here's hoping they will finish on time and your RPC stay is perfect!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: