Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #3256
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

19 days!!!!! Woohoo!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #3257
zandorian
Earning My Ears

just cancelled TREX Monday Nov 12 for 5 ppl @ 5pm and TREX for Friday Nov 16 @5pm for 5ppl
zandorian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #3258
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

So i just bought my kids Ugg boots for Christmas!!!! Yay! Now thats almost done. Gotta start packing!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #3259
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569

The kids will love it. It's the experience that you pay for. Just going into the castle is a treat, especially for the younger kids. You get a picture with your meal and the kids get wands and swords and it's just a fun time. We did breakfast and dinner on our last trip and this time we're having Thanksgiving dinner there. Completely worth it.
Thanks so much! Do you know if all the princesses are there or just a select few? Thanks again.

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #3260
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

We're sitting waiting for ME to head to the airport. That's it, our trip has come to an end! Best trip so far!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjeeps View Post
I thought the BB offer was for moderate or deluxe only? Which would mean POFQ. I'm thinking if BB is the same, of doing a adult only trip next Aug after the kids are in school. Go during the week and they can stay at my BFFs house. She'll love it. LOL
The BB offer is valid at the at value resorts with free QSDP but the LM rooms are excluded so for now I ended up booking POR with free DDP but we can always change when i get home. I'm not sure between POR and POFQ.
It's such a great feeling to know that we will be coming back in less than a year. It makes going home slightly easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
I'm SO excited! I was just able to get a reservation at CRT!!! I have been stalking the reservations every day and it finally paid off! lol We are surprising my daughter, she will be extatic!!!!! However, please tell me if i'm nuts for spending THAT much money just to meet princesses?!!! I almost fell over when the total price came up! What do you guys think? Worth it?? Anyone ever have dinner there? I know it's an amazing experience for the kids and that's my only rational thought in this process lol Thanks!
We just had dinner at CRT last night and it really is worth it. I have 2 boys and they loved being able to go into the castle. You pay for the experience and not the food although the food was pretty good too.

Quote:
Thanks so much! Do you know if all the princesses are there or just a select few? Thanks again.
Yesterday we saw Jasmine, Ariel, Snow white and Aurora and we took our pic with Cinderella downstairs before heading up to the restaurant. I think there's no guarantee who will be there.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #3261
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
We're sitting waiting for ME to head to the airport. That's it, our trip has come to an end! Best trip so far!!

The BB offer is valid at the at value resorts with free QSDP but the LM rooms are excluded so for now I ended up booking POR with free DDP but we can always change when i get home. I'm not sure between POR and POFQ.
It's such a great feeling to know that we will be coming back in less than a year. It makes going home slightly easier.

We just had dinner at CRT last night and it really is worth it. I have 2 boys and they loved being able to go into the castle. You pay for the experience and not the food although the food was pretty good too.

Yesterday we saw Jasmine, Ariel, Snow white and Aurora and we took our pic with Cinderella downstairs before heading up to the restaurant. I think there's no guarantee who will be there.

You just made me feel so much better!! Just called DH and told him what you guys said and we're really excited now! Going to the costume store shortly to get DD a dress to wear!!!! Now we'll also need to get her an autograph book for that and Chef Mickey's!! I think she's going to be thrilled!!!! Thanks again!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #3262
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm SO excited! I was just able to get a reservation at CRT!!! I have been stalking the reservations every day and it finally paid off! lol We are surprising my daughter, she will be extatic!!!!! However, please tell me if i'm nuts for spending THAT much money just to meet princesses?!!! I almost fell over when the total price came up! What do you guys think? Worth it?? Anyone ever have dinner there? I know it's an amazing experience for the kids and that's my only rational thought in this process lol Thanks!
So worth it... If you're nuts, I'm right there with you. Did CRT for pre-park opening breakfast last January. DS3 and DD5 still talk about it. Loved it so much we've already booked another for our trip in the spring. We love Akershus too though, especially for dinner since we think the food is deliciously different. And we have the best pics of the kids with Belle. Enjoy!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #3263
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We just got back late last night from our anniversary trip. We had such a nice time. Our room location at AKL was the best we could have asked for. So close to the restaurants, buses, lobby. We were set. We had wonderful anniversary dinners at Jiko and Narcoossee's. Our meal at Narcoossee's was by far our best meal of the trip. We had the best server, Rita, who brought us dessert at the end on the house. Such a cute special touch. We really had a relaxing time. Although I enjoy all our Disney vacations, this one, was the most relaxing. I have never said a Disney vacation was relaxing before. Lol. Fun, but usually not relaxing.

We were able to get everything done that we wanted to do, but didn't get to see the new Fantasyland. Oh well, I guess we just have to go back at some point sooner rather than later.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #3264
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Narcoossee's was a great meal when we did it for our honeymoon 2 years ago too.

Did you do any of the late night parties (MNSSHP)?

Glad you had a great trip. I will see you all when we get back next week!
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/12 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #3265
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Narcoossee's was a great meal when we did it for our honeymoon 2 years ago too.

Did you do any of the late night parties (MNSSHP)?

Glad you had a great trip. I will see you all when we get back next week!
We didn't do MNSSHP this year. We did last September when the kids went with us, but wanted to spend our time do other things we haven't really had a chance to do with the kids. So we went to MK the last day of MNSSHP and then hopped over to Epcot for dinner and to enjoy some of Food and Wine that night.

Hope you have a fantastic time!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #3266
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingplans4WDW

So worth it... If you're nuts, I'm right there with you. Did CRT for pre-park opening breakfast last January. DS3 and DD5 still talk about it. Loved it so much we've already booked another for our trip in the spring. We love Akershus too though, especially for dinner since we think the food is deliciously different. And we have the best pics of the kids with Belle. Enjoy!
Lol I'm cracking up! But I'm happy to hear your kids loved it! I think just being able to go inside the castle is such a great experience for them! I can't wait to see the look on her face when we go in! I think I'm just as excited!! lol

Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #3267
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceywj View Post
Reading the posts from this thread rely brightened my spirits. We are leaving in 2 days and should excited but we are going into day 7 without power since we were affected from the hurricane. My DH is a fire fighter and Red Cross Volunteer whom I haven't seen for days. I packed my two girls and myself today. But, I feel my heart is not in it. I hope we can leave all this behind when we hop on the plane Tues. and whatever we forgot, we can buy. It has really been one hell of a week and trying to think good and warm thoughts.
Sorry things have been so hard on your family. I hope you all have a wonderful time in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc63303 View Post
Having a "scavenger hunt" tomorrow night to tell the 4 grandchildren they're all going to Disney World in less than 2 weeks! We've all had a hard time keeping the surprise (since April). Can't wait to see their faces and reactions (got the cam-corder charged and ready). There will be 9 of us in total. Got our Disney pins (ebay) yesterday and the Photo Pass plus (now only $149) on the way. Staying at Bonnet Creek (new owners -ebay). First time for spending Thanksgiving at Disney, have been there several other times for the Holidays, was there in Magic Kingdom for New Years 2000 (yes it was nuts) and even proposed to my now wife at midnight at the Castle then. Only wish my son-in-law could be there... passed away in late August... he has been and will be missed.
Scavenger hunt sounds like fun! So sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
4 more sleeps until we fly out! I'm about 1/3 packed. Just have to finish the mounds of laundry, pack the last few bags and pick up some groceries for our nephew who will be hou /dog sitting while we're gone.
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
All the Halloween decorations are already down at MK and they are starting to put stuff up for Christmas tonight is what a CM told us. All the lights at Hollywood are already up and the tree in front is up too. Got a Photopass with the tree this morning.
Thats neat you got to see some of both kinds of decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelletaranto1 View Post
We are on our way on Thursday!!! Yippee! And my goodie bags are there (phew...) and conceirage will set them up to look like they are from Mickey. Still have to buy meal plan tho and park tickets... Has anyone gone to Costco in Orlando before? How far is it from wdw?

Good news is I'm packed!
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Found this on another thread. Our last day in EP is the 20th. Really hoping to see TT. Source says TT should be running no later than 11/21.
Thanks for posting. We are really hoping we get to ride TT while we are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Tick tock, tick tock....Time is getting closer.

I'm starting to think we've forgotten something as we get closer. We're getting ready for a birthday party on Saturday and then Thanksgiving on Sunday. Then it's a couple of days of work and we're off to Disney!

A couple of cool updates though. When I was in Vegas I got a nice nylon drawstring bag/backpack that will be great for in the parks. Actually, I got two of them. They say IBM, but I don't think that matters.

Another cool thing is that we've learned that the school will totally play along with our surprise and will help us to spring the secret on the girls. So instead of picking up DD1 from school and just heading out we're going to have her called down to the office a few minutes before school lets out and the secretary will film us telling the girls that we're going to Disney! I know that because of our stories that we've been telling the girls they will be a little apprehensive at first, but I think in the end they are going to be very excited.
Thats really great they are going to video it for you. They are going to be so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
Down to single digits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
Today we were at MK and it was such a magical day with a magical ending. Both kids did the Pirate's League and we had dinner at CRT. After Wishes we were able to enter the new FLE with some pixie dust from a CM. We rode the LM ride twice which was awesome.
The only thing was that MK was REALLY crowded today. It was not a recommended park but I didn't listen. However, yesterday DHS was also very crowded even though it was the recommended park. I think i prefer the end of August crowds but the weather now is so much nicer. Crowds have been pretty crazy this week
I'm thinking of booking the FD BB offer for next August before we check out tomorrow. I just have to figure out which resort we want, either AoA again or POFQ. Any recommendations?
So cool you all got to see the new fantasyland. Sounds like a wondeful trip.

Quote:
We are down to single digits today!!!! I can't believe we leave next week! I feel like I have been waiting for years!!!! Just can't wait to be in sunny Florida again!! Are you guys all starting to feel excited yet?!?! Anyone else in single digits? Enjoy!!
for single digits! Yes! Very excited and we still have 20 more days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I'm just plain excited!!

Quote:
So glad you didn't give up. You all will have a great time. We have been for lunch twice and both times it was so worth it. The memories are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
We just got back late last night from our anniversary trip. We had such a nice time. Our room location at AKL was the best we could have asked for. So close to the restaurants, buses, lobby. We were set. We had wonderful anniversary dinners at Jiko and Narcoossee's. Our meal at Narcoossee's was by far our best meal of the trip. We had the best server, Rita, who brought us dessert at the end on the house. Such a cute special touch. We really had a relaxing time. Although I enjoy all our Disney vacations, this one, was the most relaxing. I have never said a Disney vacation was relaxing before. Lol. Fun, but usually not relaxing.

We were able to get everything done that we wanted to do, but didn't get to see the new Fantasyland. Oh well, I guess we just have to go back at some point sooner rather than later.
Welcome home and so glad you had a wonderful time.

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #3268
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney mom of 6

Sorry things have been so hard on your family. I hope you all have a wonderful time in Disney.

Scavenger hunt sounds like fun! So sorry for your loss.

Have fun!

Thats neat you got to see some of both kinds of decorations.

Have fun!

Thanks for posting. We are really hoping we get to ride TT while we are there.

Thats really great they are going to video it for you. They are going to be so excited!

So cool you all got to see the new fantasyland. Sounds like a wondeful trip.

for single digits! Yes! Very excited and we still have 20 more days.

So glad you didn't give up. You all will have a great time. We have been for lunch twice and both times it was so worth it. The memories are awesome.

Welcome home and so glad you had a wonderful time.
Thanks for writing! So happy to get so much positive feedback about CRT! We are excited to surprise the kids!!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #3269
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

10 more working days wooo hooooo (unless I have to work on the weekends, but hey that's extra money!)
Vacation starts in 2 weeks......
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #3270
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Good morning ya'll.

Another day closer.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: