Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Short and curlies!?!?!
Unfortunately, I've had that experience. I moved rooms to say the least. Yuck doesn't begin to describe...I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean...I just think that nicely going down to the front desk is the way to handle it if its an issue. If you are nice about it, it should turn into something negative.
You weren't mean. However, somebody do fear reprisal and I get that. I know some who will eat yucky food for fear of sending it back. Unfortunately, it is sometimes the world in which we live! But, nobody benefits from saying nothing, so it has to be said.

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Yes, that would bother me! i would go to the front desk and complain to the manager. That is not right that your room is so dirty and no one does anything about it.

I wish you good luck.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

Personally, skip the towel animals and give me a clean room. I never understood the attachment that people form over the cotton critters. I'll put this in the same category as asking for an upgrade - if you get them, consider it magic - don't expect them, and you won't be disappointed!
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

My thoughts? Take a deep breath, breathe in and out a few times and let it roll off your back. It's not like you have broken glass on the bathroom floor or you have dirty sheets. It's a bottle cap that wasn't seen by the housekeeper, a square of toilet paper, tiny hair and dirt in the corners. I hvae no idea where you are staying so I'm not sure what the housekeeper is required to do. I have no idea how messy your family is and if that causes more work for the housekeeper or if you are neat and clean with everything in its place.

Enjoy your vacation and ignore the small stuff.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
ehaley
MICKEY Fan for life

On rare occasion w/less than average cleaning of floors, I've just pushed around a dirty towel into corners, etc.. in the morning and left it in the middle of bathroom floor for them to take away. Worst experience was the dried blood streaks on sheets and pillowcases of both beds..we did call front desk and they did send someone down who changed both beds and gave us new bedspreads also. Also, once we came back one night from late night at the parks to find our ground floor, end room (right next to the parking lot) with the door propped open by the little metal part of that flip lock inside the door. Not happy about that and mgr was not helpful about it either, "housekeeping must have forgotten"...gee ya think.
2004 - 4th of July - All Star Music
2006 - January - All Start Sports
2006 - December CBR
2008 - March - POR
2008 - November - CBR
2013 - October - CBR
2014 - September - POR
ehaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #21
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Yep I would totally be complaining. I simply hate dirty rooms. I pay way too much money to get lousy service.

not sure I understand the reprisals issue though. You are a paying customer, you have the right to get what you pay for.

Last edited by eliza61; 11-06-2012 at 05:11 PM.
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #22
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05
We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned theice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is diheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?
So sorry. Yes it would really bother me. First of all stop tipping. You aren't even receiving basic housekeeping, so stop tipping. If you don't want to go to the front desk, pick up the phone and dial the housekeeping button. Nicely and firmly say "hello, I'd like to speak to the manager on duty" if they ask why say "I'd like to speak with the manager about my room please". Tell the manager "We checked in to a half cleaned room that was never fully cleaned even after I called. This is not acceptable. I am now taking time from my vacation to handle this. I am simply asking for the room to be cleaned. That is basic housekeeping service. I would like the room cleaned and signed off by a manager tomorrow please, by ________am/pm".

I have never ever had a problem like that at a WdW resort. Whatever small problems we have we have been able to have resolved almost immediately by calling the housekeeping button and speaking with the manager. They are always very helpful, but i am also very cheerful and polite and understanding, (this may be from 15 years in customer service ;-) so that really helps. I would also personally go to the front desk manager if you feel you haven't been properly accommodated, and politely explain how inconvenient and unexpected this is on your vacation. Good luck OP, I trust you will get this straightened out.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: