Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran

Would this bother you?

I also posted on the resorts board:

We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned the ice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is disheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
prayx
Earning My Ears

First of all, I would be upset too. I would personally ask to speak to a manager face to face. Better results. Take a picture of what you see and show it to them. Nothing speaks better than a picture. Lastly, stop the tips.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

Towel animals or no towel animals wouldn't bother me. We never got any.

Why would you tip at all?

Take pics and go speak to a manager in person.
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

I would double the tips immediately and stop stirring up trouble.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
I would double the tips immediately and stop stirring up trouble.
Oops! this is a resort thread too - but I would personally do opposite of this - not necessarily stir trouble, but WOULD report dirty room
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I would complain to a manager face to face and I wouldn't tip again until the room was up to your standards.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

I agree with the face to face. We found that calling got us no where while going to the front desk and asking for a manager got the issues fixed.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

We have never received a towel animal. Those can't be expected.

You want housekeeping to clean paint drips? Isn't that a bit overboard?

I think you are being very picky.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy View Post

I don't think you are being very picky!!! For what we pay for even a value resort everything should be SPARKLING!!!
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
mm1971
DIS Veteran

I agree with going to the front desk and speaking to a manager. The manager will make sure everything is clean to your liking.

I know someone that works at POFQ. Maybe you have a new mousekeeping person and they don't really know how to do the towel animals. Or they are doing what they think is correct and need guidance. By tipping and complaining aren't you sending a mixed message?

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05 View Post
I also posted on the resorts board:

We are here now, actually have been here for 5 days, and I have had to call housekeeping 3 times about our room, mainly the bathroom area not being cleaned properly.

When we checked in there was some dirt/dust loose toilet tissue and a bottle cap on the floor behind the toilet.A coffee spill in the grout under the sink, and various white paint drips on the floor in the bathroom/vanity area. Dirt dust and hair, not belonging to us in the corners etc.

I called mentioned all of the above thing, and asked for extra towels.
I got the extra towels.

Day 2 I called again, and also mentioned the ice makers (all 3) in our building weren't working, plus our ice bucket had water in it left over from the previous guest! ( we dumped and cleaned that because we wanted to use it, but had to trek all the way down to the next building for ice.)

Day 3 we headed to the park, when we got back, there was still all of the above, plus a toothpaste blob on the counter (darn kids) and smear on the inside rim of the sink. They said they would send someone down while we were at the pool.

When we got back, the bottle cap was gone, along with the toothpaste blob, but not the smear.

This is disheartening to me when we return to our room, weary and tired. I want to see things clean, not want to clean them myself!!!!

Also, my kids have been super disappointed because there have been no towel animals!!! not one! not even the towel Mickey head that is usually on the bed when we check in. I know these aren't a neccessity, but they always added to the magic. We got spoiled last year with a different one each day.

I want to say, I have been tipping our house keeper 4-6 dollars each day, but I am seriously considering putting anend to that.

Should I bother to go to the front desk to complain?

We check out Saturday.
WWYD?
If I wanted my children to have towel animals; I would make them myself. We have rarely received them.

Paint drips??? Really?

And, I make sure my children clean up after themselves. Mousekeeping is not a maid. YMMV.

Quote:

I agree.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
spears2008
Earning My Ears

I would stop tipping if you aren't getting exceptional or even good service. I don't think the paint drips are a housekeeping issue, but everything else seems reasonable. don't let this spoil your vacation!
spears2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer

I expect the room to be tidied up and towels changed but I don't expect towel animals. Really! I also don't expect perfection while I am there. The hotels are pretty booked right now and I leave my room picked up.
I worked at a hotel for a bit and some people are impossible.
Food everywhere.
Dirty clothes and spills.
It's Disney but they are only human. How about showing some kindness towards the staff. Smile and say hello. I always leave a little smiley face with a tip and a big Thank You!

Someone elses hair is another matter. That I would bring attention to the front desk. It's a health thing.

A few years ago I was at Poly and called housekeeping because I thought the fan didn't work in the bathroom. When we got back from the park I found a tissue clinging to the vent with a little smile drawn on it. Well, the fan worked all the time. It was just so quiet I didn't know was working. Lot's of things go on there without us knowing. I am amazed at how it all comes together to make a nice vacation.
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

I would go and speak to someone in person.

I would be upset if we checked into a very dusty room and if the ice bucket hadn't been cleaned, but the "not receiving towel animals" isn't something you could really complain about. Some people are lucky to have them placed in their rooms and others not. I suppose it depends on who you get. But the toothpaste issue, should just be wiped up yourself. I know when you are on vacation you don't want to have to do any cleaning, but a little tiding up before you head out for the day goes a long way.

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: