Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

I would do the 2 nights, since you have a car it's easy to get to any resort. I really feel you will feel rushed to see the resorts and end up not spending enough time enjoying the sights. I would plan 1 night to watch the fireworks and water parade from Poly beach. Take your time and enjoy. Also remember if you pay for valet parking at a deluxe resort it is good all day even at the other resorts. CSR is not really far from anything, so not really a big deal. Just my 2 cents

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH

Last edited by buzznina; 11-06-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spell
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
Sue M
DIS Veteran

As much as I love WL, I'd choose more time.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #18
Tink415
DIS Veteran

I would stay 2 nights at CSR. 1 night goes by much too quickly!! Don't forget CSR is also decorated beautifully at Christmas time. Using the valet service to park your car at the deluxe resorts is a great idea too (but it does cost $14 + tip per day). Make sure you get a ticket / receipt so you can valet at a 2nd resort without paying another fee... sometimes they forget.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #19
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I'm probably in the minority, but I would choose one night at the WL. The WL is an awesome resort and is just amazing when all decorated for the holidays. The lobby is beautiful and has a cozy feel with the huge fireplace in the center surrounded by rocking chairs . We love the WL and would choose it over a moderate that time of year. It's also very convenient for visiting the CR, Poly, & GF as it's a quick boat ride to the CR where you can hop on the monorail to get to the Poly and GF .
Me too, MickeyNut1! I love that lobby and especially at Christmas!
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #20
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
As much as I would want to spend more time in WDW, I think I would have to go with WL. Esp is I wasnt doing any parks - just hanging out at different resorts during the holiday season. Like pps have said its very easy to get to other monrail reosrts from WL - by taking the boat. I also hear WL does wonderful christmas decorations - oh how i would love to see that!!

Have a great trip!

-FantasiaMagic
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Have you checked as to whether you can get PORiverside. We stayed there for a night before our DVC trip and I love the new rooms. It is also centrally located between the resorts you will want to visit for the decorations.
We've stayed at Riverside and French Quarter before (those are our "home" resorts) and were hoping to try something new. I love the new rooms, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
I would do the 2 nights, since you have a car it's easy to get to any resort. I really feel you will feel rushed to see the resorts and end up not spending enough time enjoying the sights. I would plan 1 night to watch the fireworks and water parade from Poly beach. Take your time and enjoy. Also remember if you pay for valid at a deluxe resort it is good all day even at the other resorts. CSR is not really far from anything, so not really a big deal. Just my 2 cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink415 View Post
I would stay 2 nights at CSR. 1 night goes by much too quickly!! Don't forget CSR is also decorated beautifully at Christmas time. Using the valet service to park your car at the deluxe resorts is a great idea too (but it does cost $14 + tip per day). Make sure you get a ticket / receipt so you can valet at a 2nd resort without paying another fee... sometimes they forget.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't know that about valet!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

I'd check out the prices for Swan and Dolphin too. You may be able to do two nights deluxe level for around the same price.
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: