Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #3331
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I posted last night about possibly changing from my BC GV room to a water view room at either YC or BC.

I would like a chance at seeing the high fireworks for IllumiNations and an overall great view (not overgrown greenery)...

Any suggestions for which one I should do, and requests I should make.
We stayed water view at the YC last summer, and had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony! We were in room 2009 which is wayyyy at the end of the resort near the bridge to the Boardwalk. Loved it, since we went over to the Boardwalk often at night. Also, it was a corner room with lots of windows.
I loved the Yacht Club. A little quieter than the Beach Club, but not stuffy at all. Very relaxing!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #3332
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
We stayed water view at the YC last summer, and had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony! We were in room 2009 which is wayyyy at the end of the resort near the bridge to the Boardwalk. Loved it, since we went over to the Boardwalk often at night. Also, it was a corner room with lots of windows.
I loved the Yacht Club. A little quieter than the Beach Club, but not stuffy at all. Very relaxing!
That's a super room!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #3333
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
That's a super room!
Yes it was! The first room we were assigned to didn't have a day bed so we had to switch, but I think they made it up to us!!!

Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #3334
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #3335
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I've only uploaded a few pictures so far though, but just wanted to share a few. I'll post a few more at some point if you're interested in seeing them.
Yum! Pictures...... we LIKE pictures!

We're interested, we're interested!!

~NM
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #3336
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I was on the Disneyparks site last night playing around with dates/resorts and was shocked to see that BC had NO standard or Garden view rooms available for our dates??? we have never had trouble getting one in the past.

Is there something going on end of May through beg. of June at BC???
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #3337
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
I posted last night about possibly changing from my BC GV room to a water view room at either YC or BC.

I would like a chance at seeing the high fireworks for IllumiNations and an overall great view (not overgrown greenery)...

Any suggestions for which one I should do, and requests I should make.
Let me know what you decide MM. I am booked BC GV in June b/c there is NO YC availability at all that week unless it is club level or pool view. I keep getting tempted to upgrade to get over to YC which is my personal preference. But I hate to pay so much for a pool view so let me know what you find out - ie are views ALL good, etc...Thanks! Melissa

Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #3338
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Let me know what you decide MM. I am booked BC GV in June b/c there is NO YC availability at all that week unless it is club level or pool view. I keep getting tempted to upgrade to get over to YC which is my personal preference. But I hate to pay so much for a pool view so let me know what you find out - ie are views ALL good, etc...Thanks! Melissa
Hi Scottmel

It's a tough decision. I normally wouldn't pay for a view, but I too prefer the YC decor more and we'd also get the full balcony....but it's $550 more for the 10 nights...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #3339
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Here is my review of our trip:

We checked in at 12:30 and our room was ready. We requested a full balcony and king and we got both The room was clean and spacious and was located by the single elevator. We just walked down that hall to the stairs and walked out the back way to everything Epcot was so close. Mousekeeping was excellent. Towel animals galore. We had a stingray in the bathtub one day that DH put on the sofa and the next day there was an Eeyore next to it. She had also taken my EEyore and had it cuddle with her Eeyore. So cute!

We ate lunch at Food and Wine Wed. and Thur. No lines at all . It was fantastic. In fact DHS was also empty those days. On Thur. we had our own private drawing class because no one else was there. on Friday morning we walked onto RNR with literally no wait and got the front car. The coaster only filled about half the car

The weekend was mobbed everywhere. Sat in Epcot was crazy. DHS and MK were also very busy. Sunday was busy but very manageable.

We ate at Beaches and Cream . Food was just OK but service and atmosphere was awesome. Best service we had was there and at Bluezoo. That was incredible. We also ate at Via Naploi which is one of our favorites but service was ok. Our waiter refused to acknowledge my existence and only talked to DH even when I tried to address. him. It was very strange the lengths he took to ignore my existence. We had my B day meal at California Grill . The food was awesome but our waitress was not. It as clear she did not want to be at work. She was very aloof and distant. She never acknowledged my B day. I did not want anything for free it was just weird that the check in lady acknowledged it but the waitress did not. She just did not really give anything to the service which was disappointing.

The trip was awesome. Great weather. No rain . I recommend running on the Boardwalk in the early a.m It was so relaxing and pretty. I talked with teena which was awesome. The BC workers were very helpful and amazing.

we got lots of pictures taken . Can' t wait to see them
I love BC
Happy Belated birthday Happy to hear that the vacation went so well , Just love it when things go the way you expect .
So you enjoyed the drawing class , was that a Disney Institute thing or part of the backstage expererinces? Sounds like a lot of fun .
My daughter is a big fan of Eeyore and now My grand daughter is into Winnie the Pooh and very partial to Eeyore so much so that when I was at the Beach Club the last summer I had to pick up a new one because she had lost her original one all better now . Oh well .
Say hi to your hubby for me , hope they settle this hockey lock out soon .
DIXEY LANDINGS/1999 , DIXEY LANDINGS/2000 , POR/2001 , POR/2002 , POR/2003 , POR/2005 , POR/2006 , OKW/2007 , OKW/2008 , POR/2009 , POR/2010 , YBC/2011 , YBC/2012 , YBC/THV/2013 ,YBC 2013 , YBC2014 , YBC 2015

Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #3340
jmamom
Mouseketeer

A picture of the view from our room at the YC in 2011 - room 2009. We could see the fireworks clearly over the bridge.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #3341
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A picture of the view from our room at the YC in 2011 - room 2009. We could see the fireworks clearly over the bridge.

Great view!!! Would it be a reasonable request to ask for "a view of IllumiNations"???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #3342
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
We are planning our next trip to disney in oct 2013. I have been a lurker for some time and have read threw most of the thread on BC/YC.

Let us know where you decide to stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Don't know if I'm eligible for the BOG list in January, because we're splitting between Poly and BWI CL. I love so many resorts, but I usually get to try new resorts and keep BC/YC in the mix with split stays. I'll definitely be around BC/YC during our stay (minus SAB - boo!) And I promise to contribute photos!!! If Dee determines I'm eligible for the BOG list with a non-BC/YC stay, it's January 26-February 1.
Of course!!! We know a large piece of your heart is at the BC/YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
We're 9 months away but just booked for 3 nights at the BC before our stay at the GF. Have never stayed at the BC before but have stayed at the YC twice and LOVED it.

We decided to go with the Beach Club this time just to switch things up a little and try something new.

Doing the happy dance!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #3343
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

Yum! Pictures...... we LIKE pictures!

We're interested, we're interested!!

~NM
Yes. We love pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydad12

Happy Belated birthday Happy to hear that the vacation went so well , Just love it when things go the way you expect .
So you enjoyed the drawing class , was that a Disney Institute thing or part of the backstage expererinces? Sounds like a lot of fun .
My daughter is a big fan of Eeyore and now My grand daughter is into Winnie the Pooh and very partial to Eeyore so much so that when I was at the Beach Club the last summer I had to pick up a new one because she had lost her original one all better now . Oh well .
Say hi to your hubby for me , hope they settle this hockey lock out soon .
The Disney art class is at Hollywood Studios and is free to everyone. Here is a good link to check it out. My family loves it!

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/01/...ywood-studios/
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #3344
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great view!!! Would it be a reasonable request to ask for "a view of IllumiNations"???
I'm no expert, but it seemed to me that just about any water/boardwalk view at the YC would give you a view of them, just the way the building is situated toward Epcot. But I'm sure it couldn't hurt!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #3345
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm no expert, but it seemed to me that just about any water/boardwalk view at the YC would give you a view of them, just the way the building is situated toward Epcot. But I'm sure it couldn't hurt!
That's what it looks like to me from the map too!

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: