Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

You have a lovely family. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #17
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Enjoying your TR!
We were there at about the same time and boy, it was hot and humid!!

Your little one with the Princesses is too cute! I only hae boys so I'm enjoying the Princess meet and greets through you!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Great TR so far. I was so dissappointed when I got to the end. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
ARmom30
Mouseketeer

I'm subbing to this thread. Your family sounds a lot like mine. DSS16, DS6 and another boy on the way in February! I'm enjoying your TR so far.
Eli
Tebow
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Love your report SOOOO much! Joining in!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #21
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

What gorgeous pics with the Princesses. I love the one with Aurora and how your DDs hand is out like hers

Ah thrill ride kids- they are soooo much fun!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
tralin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjeeps View Post
Enjoying your TR! Two weeks from tomorrow for me.
You are going at a great time. I wish we would have stuck to our original time frame. Thanks for joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Caught up! Such wonderful pictures and memories of Kaitlin and the princesses!! I love the ones of Cinderella having her blow kisses, and the Snow White ones!

You really do have a thrill rider! Lucky for you and her sisters that she's not really into the 'baby rides'

So glad that you enjoyed LTT-we've yet to eat there. I've heard really good things about it though.

Good job keeping the family there! Sometimes 30 mins of sitting is just what the doctor ordered. And ice cream never hurts. I'm so glad that you got to see MSEP. One of my favorite memories from childhood visits.
LTT was very good. Not sure I needed to eat there twice in a day but if it made the fam happy then so be it. I saw the electrical parade in DL and loved it. I knew it would be hit so that's why a pushed so hard to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
You have a lovely family. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
Thank you so much and thanks for joining in. So happy to have you.

Last edited by tralin; 11-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
tralin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Enjoying your TR!
We were there at about the same time and boy, it was hot and humid!!

Your little one with the Princesses is too cute! I only hae boys so I'm enjoying the Princess meet and greets through you!
OMG it was hot. We are so not used to that. The funny thing with the princesses is that she loves all things princess but doesn't watch the movies. She's seen them once or twice and that it. I find it very odd that she is so into them otherwise. Her best bud at Daycare is a boy so we have to watch Spiderman every night before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie View Post
Great TR so far. I was so dissappointed when I got to the end. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.
Awww... Thank you, should have more up in a day or so. Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmom30 View Post
I'm subbing to this thread. Your family sounds a lot like mine. DSS16, DS6 and another boy on the way in February! I'm enjoying your TR so far.
Oh my gosh, how do you do it? My energy for one youngster is barely there. Luckily the teens love her so they had just as much fun watching her as we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
Love your report SOOOO much! Joining in!
Thanks for joining. Hopefully I can continue to keep your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
What gorgeous pics with the Princesses. I love the one with Aurora and how your DDs hand is out like hers

Ah thrill ride kids- they are soooo much fun!
Thank you for the kind words. Aurora actually coached her on that. She was still getting used to what to do. Yes, even today she says ToT is her favorite ride, followed by Splash "aka log ride" then pirates, then Small world. I think small world only rates because she listens to the song at home all the time.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
tralin
Mouseketeer

Best Laid Plans

Day 3.

Today was supposed to be our relaxing water park day with a very important dinner reservation that night. I had promised my husband that I would make all of the character meals worth his while with this one special dinner. (We were also celebrating our 5 year anniversary) I hoped it would live up to its reputation. Anyway, we again slept in, had breakfast in the food court and then headed out to Blizzard Beach for our date at the water park. We had done Typhoon Lagoon last time and although we loved it, I really wanted to try something different. Also, with all of the research I did and feedback from the DIS, I felt that BB had more to do for the 4 year old who is a water baby but not necessarily water slide brave.

As we left, the clouds seemed a bit dark so we figured we would get the famous 20 minute down pour. Good day to have one while youre in the park getting wet anyway. We arrived at 11:45 to an already fairly full bus stop of people wanting to get on the bus. We thought that was weird since the park had only been open for a couple of hours.

We made our way to the entrance, of course our stop was the furthest away. We got there to see these huge black clouds right over the top of the park and were informed that the park was closed due to an electrical storm. The lightning had to be 8 miles away before they could open the park and they had no idea when that would be. We were welcome to enter the park and take our chances but they were making no promises.

We decided to give it a try banking on the odds it would be quick. We checked out the store and then explored the park which only got us more excited to get in the water. Of course there was no one in the water and an awful lot of people milling about waiting for the storm to pass. Kaitlin was beyond excited to try this place out and holding her back was becoming difficult.

Then there were the love bugs. They were EVERYWHERE. You couldnt stop moving without literally being swarmed. Not a fun thing for the teenage girls. (or anyone.) We were warned by a CM not to kill them as the smell only attracts more. We had been in the park about a half hour when the rain started. And not just a drizzle. Everyone in the park ran for cover and we ended up huddling just under a concession stand over hang. We met a wonderful CM who gave Kaitlin a chocolate chip cookie (which would have been awesome but she doesnt eat chocolate anything, so not my kid) so we just hid it and pretended she did. She was hungry by this point so we bought a hot dog. 15 minutes later the rain was not letting up. Im talking torrential downpour. Across the way was a pick a pearl stand so we ran over there for more room. Of course we were soaked by the time we got there. At this point people were obviously giving up and making the mad dash for the park entrance. The lighting and thunder was amazing. But scary enough we didnt want to just venture out from under our cover as it was now directly overhead. Kaitlin was now crying that she wanted to go home. But, there were no lovebugs!!!!

There was a slight break so we decided to head for the store and make our way to the entrance. By the time we got into the store the down pour had started again so we were completely drenched and even cold. Kaitlin made out like a bandit and got that brand new Princess Towel she had been wanting in addition to the giant sucker she wanted. (It melted on the tv stand and we had to break it off in the end. Luckily no damage was done.)

Finally we decided to officially give up and try Downtown Disney. Since we didnt really have any time scheduled for this it all worked out. We went back to the hotel, got dry cloths and headed for DTD. By the time we got there we were hungry so I pulled info out of the back of my memory and we decided to try Wolfgang Puck Express. It was very good, I wouldnt say amazing. We handed the girls their spending money and off we went to see what we could spend.

Kaitlins eyes about bugged out of her head when she saw the Disney store. She had $50 of her own money, plus we told her we would by her one stuffy, one shirt, and one hat of her choice. (She already had the hat) She picked up a cuddly Special Agent Oso stuffy but I knew he wasnt a favorite so we encouraged her to keep looking. She put Oso in the stroller and buckled him up while we looked for something else. She was not convinced she would find anything else. But man, the looks daddy got pushing that stroller with Oso was priceless. Such a good daddy. Then the light shone and the music of the angles played as she saw it. Baby Minnie in a blanket!!!!!! There was NO talking her out of that one. (Of course she has barely been touched it since we got home.)

We looked some more and she saw the Jessie Doll shes been asking for over the last year that we keep saying no to. It killed me to let her have it but it was HER money to spend on what she wanted. I tried the, you could get that at home argument, but she came back with but you wont let me have it at home!. When did 4 year Olds get so darn smart. So she got her Jessie doll that she played with literally for all of 5 minutes and hasnt touched her since. Sometimes, mom DOES know more.!!!!!

I got myself a t-shirt and a sweatshirt (extra big to account for shrinkage however, this is the first Disney one I bought that didnt shrink!!!!!!!) Finally we were all shopped out and decided it was time to try Disney Quest. I wasnt sure there would be much for Kaitlin, but oh, how wrong I was. The entire 4th floor was made just for her. Dad and the older girls went off to play so Kaitlin and I had settled in. She was having the time of her life. Finally dad showed up so I took the opportunity to grab a coffee and snuggle into one of their big oversized chairs and just relax. Heaven!!!

Eventually all good things come to an end and the family found me. The girls had dont the virtual roller coaster, chosen the hardest setting and were now duly sick to their stomachs. They were too sick for dinner which wasnt a bad thing since they are vegetarian and we were headed to a full on meat place. They went back to the hotel while the 3 of us headed for our date with Ohanas.

I had very high expectations thanks to this board and I am happy to say it exceeded every one. So much so that Monty informed me we would be staying at the Poly on our next trip. Dinner was fantastic and Monty was in heaven. My husband simply does not give rave reviews. So when he exclaimed that this was the best meal hes had in forever, it was quite the statement. The food just kept coming and there wasnt anything we did not like. Sadly we just couldnt eat as much as we wanted to.

Kaitlin wasnt into trying new things and I wasnt into making her. I remembered the greatest tip every from Mickey and the Monduhrail and ordered Kaitlin chicken strips and fries. (Every restaurant in Disney has this even if its not on the menu. The table next to us leaned over and asked how we got it as their kids wanted that too. I passed on the tip.) Kaitlin had a blast with the games and we got to watch the Halloween fireworks from our table.

By now, our relaxing day had turned into a fairly full one. We had our one and only early morning the next day and we were tired. On the wait out our server told us to remember our appetites next time. There will definitely BE a next time. Time to go home.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #25
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

What a bummer that you got rained out at BB! How disappointing. There's nothing like a little Disney shopping to help a little girl rally though!

My DD HAD to have all of the Toy Story gang for her 4th birthday. I spent a fortune, tracked them all down, and they sit in a bin in her playroom. Maybe if Jesse was more sparkly? Mads does play with/sleep with all of the stuffed guys though.

So very glad that you loved 'Ohana! and Yay for a Poly stay next time! That's awesome! Nice work getting the chicken strips and passing along the help.

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #26
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Enjoying your trip so far.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #27
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you made the best of it after the BB fail. Oh I can not wait to try 'Ohana!!!!

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

All caught up! Love your updates!! SO glad the "secret" worked! I am hoping to use it at Be Our Guest, since I'm pretty sure DS won't eat there!

I'm also glad y'all loved 'Ohana! Definitely one of our faves!!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #29
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Glad to hear staying for the parade worked out.

What a bummer for all the rain at the water park but looks like you made the best of it.

Dinner looked like fun.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #30
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Love your TR so far!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: