Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥
 
briarrose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70

Smile Do any DCL Cat 8A (2 Porthole Windows) have split bath?

I thought I had read that all Cat 8A w/2 portholes only have 1 traditional bath and not the split bathroom?

Am on Disney website and it said "some" have split bath--just wondering if you pros have any info.

Thanks!
__________________
DH DW GusGus



I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #2
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises
 
TinkTatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,945

We were in 6514 and it didn't have a split bath, it also didn't have a privacy curtain but did have a lovely pole in the middle of the cabin

I think all the 8a's on deck 6 might not have the split bath but not sure about the ones on deck 5 as they are set up differently and only sleep 3 per cabin.
__________________

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,666

I'm no expert, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that none of them have a split bath. Some have a small bathroom with a tub and the rest have a Handicap accessible bathroom with a large shower and no tub.

I've done a lot of research into 8a's and have 5520 booked for a cruise next year. Despite the fact that there is no split bath I am SO excited.
If you are a group of 3 (or less) definitely look into rooms 5520, 5522, 5020 and 5022. They are the ones with the dividing wall and two tv's. From what I can work out from my research on the Dream, I think 5520 and 5020 are slighty better than 5522 and 5022 because of the placement of the desk and couch. I'm travelling on the Fantasy (I'm struggling to find pics of 8A rooms on this ship), so am hoping the room layout is identical to the Dream.
I have emailed Disney and requested no upgrade. I would prefer this large room to one with a verandah. Just so you know, however, they seem to book out very quickly, so you need to get in early.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
triciari
DIS Veteran
 
triciari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ
I'm no expert, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that none of them have a split bath. Some have a small bathroom with a tub and the rest have a Handicap accessible bathroom with a large shower and no tub.

I've done a lot of research into 8a's and have 5520 booked for a cruise next year. Despite the fact that there is no split bath I am SO excited.
If you are a group of 3 (or less) definitely look into rooms 5520, 5522, 5020 and 5022. They are the ones with the dividing wall and two tv's. From what I can work out from my research on the Dream, I think 5520 and 5020 are slighty better than 5522 and 5022 because of the placement of the desk and couch. I'm travelling on the Fantasy (I'm struggling to find pics of 8A rooms on this ship), so am hoping the room layout is identical to the Dream.
I have emailed Disney and requested no upgrade. I would prefer this large room to one with a verandah. Just so you know, however, they seem to book out very quickly, so you need to get in early.
Thanks for sharing your research! I'm interested in these cabins, too. They look great!
__________________
triciari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

We stayed in 5520 on Fantasy in August and it was great. So spacious. Our son really had his own space. No split bath but its doable with 3 people, we thought.

Oops...5522!

Are the 8As on deck 6 the ones with the pole versus the wall?
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by briarrose1
I thought I had read that all Cat 8A w/2 portholes only have 1 traditional bath and not the split bathroom?

Am on Disney website and it said "some" have split bath--just wondering if you pros have any info.

Thanks!
Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks
We stayed in 5520 on Fantasy in August and it was great. So spacious. Our son really had his own space. No split bath but its doable with 3 people, we thought.

Oops...5522!

Are the 8As on deck 6 the ones with the pole versus the wall?
How wonderful! I don't suppose you have any pics you would be keen to share? Photos of the Fantasy's four 8A "mini-suites" seem to be rare on the internet.

Also, can I just confirm that that room had two TVs like on the Dream? Did you find that the wall (despite not extending all the way across) did an okay job of keeping the TV noise to one side of the room. The two areas and two TVs appeal to me in that my DS can watch cartoons in the morning while we have a lie in, and we can watch a movie in the evening while he sleeps. I'm not expecting silence, I'm just curious how the noise travels.

Also, on the topic of noise, did you find you got much noise from the Teen club down the hall? That was probably my only worry about these rooms - the possibility of teenagers talking loudly as they walk back to their room in the evening.

Thanks so much :-)
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciari

Thanks for sharing your research! I'm interested in these cabins, too. They look great!
You're most welcome. :-)
I can't wait to try out this cabin. It's as close as my budget will stretch to a mini suite.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,185

This thread has a lot of pics

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696288

Search Google for Dream 8A and you'll get a lot. They are identical to the Fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97
This thread has a lot of pics
E
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696288

Search Google for Dream 8A and you'll get a lot. They are identical to the Fantasy.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Cheers. I've been able to find heaps of pics of the 4 cabins on the Dream, but Fantasy pics seem to be pretty scarce.

On the Dream two of the four cabins (5520, 5020) have the sofa up against the dividing wall and an extra long desk opposite. The other two (5522, 5022) have a shorter desk against the dividing wall and the sofa on the wall opposite. While, in the bigger scheme of things, I'd be happy in any of the 4 cabins, I'd be slightly happier with the first layout. More storage in the desk and the position of the couch makes the two areas a bit more private (i.e the person on the couch can't see the master bed area when lying down).

The reason I'd love to see some pics of Fantasy rooms is because I'm curious if this couch/desk layout is the same. If, like you say, they are identical to the Dream, I'll be happy.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥
 
briarrose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks everybody for the great info! Silverfox-wow This info is getting bookmarked in my Disney file for sure.

I wanted this info especially for my brother w/his 3 kids under 6 for future cruises. We can takes 1 or 2 of the kids in our room as we'll be nearby. This room with the wall seems great! The pole--I can see someone going right into it!
__________________
DH DW GusGus



I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #12
Aries86
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2

I really like the link... I have found here so many information, I'll share this to my friends...
__________________
Aries86
Aries86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #13
Aries86
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2

I really like the link... I have found here so many information, I'll share this to my friends...
__________________
Aries86
Aries86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
How wonderful! I don't suppose you have any pics you would be keen to share? Photos of the Fantasy's four 8A "mini-suites" seem to be rare on the internet.

Also, can I just confirm that that room had two TVs like on the Dream? Did you find that the wall (despite not extending all the way across) did an okay job of keeping the TV noise to one side of the room. The two areas and two TVs appeal to me in that my DS can watch cartoons in the morning while we have a lie in, and we can watch a movie in the evening while he sleeps. I'm not expecting silence, I'm just curious how the noise travels.

Also, on the topic of noise, did you find you got much noise from the Teen club down the hall? That was probably my only worry about these rooms - the possibility of teenagers talking loudly as they walk back to their room in the evening.

Thanks so much :-)
I'm so sorry I didn't see this before! We definitely had two TVs and didn't really find the noise between sides to be a big issue, but we were travelling with an 8 year old who gets up early!

We had absolutely NO NOISE from outside the cabin--nothing from the hallway at all and only occasionally from below (one of the theaters) for a short time during the later show. IIRC, only the HA entrance to the Vibe is on this deck and it's on the other side of the ship.
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
jfahome
DIS Veteran
 
jfahome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 600

Here's 6514 from the Fantasy, we sailed last week, April 20th. Also my MIL had connecting room 6512 but didn't get pics of that room.



__________________
April (DW), Jeff (DH), Elizabeth (9)
Parker (3)

1st DCL - May 2009, 7 night Magic Western
2nd DCL - Jan 30,2010 7 night Magic Eastern
3rd DCL - Sept 8, 2011 - 3 night Disney Dream
4th DCL - May 5, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
5th DCL - Aug 11, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
6th DCL - Apr 20, 2013 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
7th DCL - Jan 10, 2014 - 3 night Bahamas Disney Magic
8th DCL - May 15, 2015 - 15 night Eastbound Transatlantic Disney Magic
jfahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: