Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #3226
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
Good Morning Everyone!!!

I'm really catching the excitement of those who are there or going in the next couple of days!!! Only 24 days for me.

When you check in they will ask if the cc on file is the one you want to attach to your room. If it is, you won't need to do anything else. We have done online check-in since it began and have never had to wait in line. I realize this isn't always the case, but if there is a long line in the on-line check in, and none in the regular check-in, just go there. They can pull your packet as well. I think you'll be glad you did the online check-in. Hope your experience is as good as ours have been!

Oh my! So glad you finally have power!! I watched the news and just shook my head, wondering how people were managing. So sad. Glad you guys are ok. Now, you can really recover while at Disney!!!!

Oh, I can picture you there. I hope you are continuing to have a wonderful time and that the weather continues to be good. Thanks for the tip on the sweatshirt!

It is so neat to hear from you as you are actually there! Sounds like things are going great and I hope they continue that way. Thanks for checking in and have a magical stay!!

Awww, that is so sad. I think your trip will help to get you out of the funk. I'm so glad you have that to look forward to. Yes, there are bigger issues at hand, but just leave that all behind and enjoy your trip and all the wonderful memories you'll be making with your family. Your DH is a hero and deserves this break from reality. So glad you have it planned! Just hang out with us and we'll get you pumped for your trip!

Wow! You said so much in such a short paragraph! First, how exciting to have a scavenger hunt to tell the grandkids! That is a great idea. Hope you can post some pics.

Sounds like you've got everything in control and in place. I've heard Bonnet Creek is awesome. It will be crazy busy during Thanksgiving, but if you survived New Years 2000, you'll be fine!

So very sad about your son-in-law! I know he will be in your hearts during your trip.

Have a magical trip!
Thanks so much! It was sweet of you to write! You will be in Disney before you know it!! Enjoy!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #3227
Tulles
Mouseketeer

4 more sleeps until we fly out! I'm about 1/3 packed. Just have to finish the mounds of laundry, pack the last few bags and pick up some groceries for our nephew who will be hou /dog sitting while we're gone.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #3228
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

All the Halloween decorations are already down at MK and they are starting to put stuff up for Christmas tonight is what a CM told us. All the lights at Hollywood are already up and the tree in front is up too. Got a Photopass with the tree this morning.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #3229
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

Red face Almost time!!!!!

We are on our way on Thursday!!! Yippee! And my goodie bags are there (phew...) and conceirage will set them up to look like they are from Mickey. Still have to buy meal plan tho and park tickets... Has anyone gone to Costco in Orlando before? How far is it from wdw?

Good news is I'm packed!
richelletaranto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #3230
Broncobilly83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
All the Halloween decorations are already down at MK and they are starting to put stuff up for Christmas tonight is what a CM told us. All the lights at Hollywood are already up and the tree in front is up too. Got a Photopass with the tree this morning.
Sweet. Thanks for the update!

On a related question, does anyone know if they are still doing the discount coupons on your quick service meal receipts for like 20% off your purchase at select shops if before Noon?

I will be living the Disney life in less than 48 hours!!!
11/07/12-11/13/12 - Anniversary/Birthday, Wilderness Lodge Club Level
11/12/14-11/18/14 - Anniversary/Birthday/Christmas, Wilderness Lodge

Broncobilly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #3231
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc63303 View Post
Only wish my son-in-law could be there... passed away in late August... he has been and will be missed.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel; we lost our loved one at the end of Sept. and it's going to be hard for me at times when I go in 3 weeks, but I have to do my best for all of my friends who are going. God Bless your family and try to have a great time in his memory.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #3232
pmama
DIS Veteran

Found this on another thread. Our last day in EP is the 20th. Really hoping to see TT. Source says TT should be running no later than 11/21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfrostyjosh
Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios would be your best bets on December 6th. The Test Track opening isn't that big of a deal because the attraction should be operating as usual no later than November 21st. But Epcot does have a morning extra magic hour there too, which is never good news. The Fantasyland opening isn't that big of a deal either since it's going to be open every day from November 19th onward and that's still a Mickey's Party Thursday. But I wouldn't head in either direction if you don't have to.
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #3233
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Tick tock, tick tock....Time is getting closer.

I'm starting to think we've forgotten something as we get closer. We're getting ready for a birthday party on Saturday and then Thanksgiving on Sunday. Then it's a couple of days of work and we're off to Disney!

A couple of cool updates though. When I was in Vegas I got a nice nylon drawstring bag/backpack that will be great for in the parks. Actually, I got two of them. They say IBM, but I don't think that matters.

Another cool thing is that we've learned that the school will totally play along with our surprise and will help us to spring the secret on the girls. So instead of picking up DD1 from school and just heading out we're going to have her called down to the office a few minutes before school lets out and the secretary will film us telling the girls that we're going to Disney! I know that because of our stories that we've been telling the girls they will be a little apprehensive at first, but I think in the end they are going to be very excited.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #3234
nmills
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is exactly two weeks for us! We are getting so excited, but at the same time it is very bittersweet. We get to go and enjoy our selves in Florida when so many nearby have lost homes, family, homes... Everything. It is so horrible seeing all of the damage done by sandy. The news keeps telling of all the awful things people are doing to one another in the hard hit areas and it is so sad. I just can't get my head around it. We have been trying to gather some stuff to donate, just wish there was more we could do... cant really go off and leave the little ones home and go volunteer.

On a happy note I went today and was able to pick up some of the disney princess little people for my DD Christmas gift and she is going to be one happy girl. I just have to hunt down a few more character packs and she will be good to go.
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #3235
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

Two weeks from tomorrow for us too! So excited!

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #3236
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

Down to single digits!

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #3237
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Today we were at MK and it was such a magical day with a magical ending. Both kids did the Pirate's League and we had dinner at CRT. After Wishes we were able to enter the new FLE with some pixie dust from a CM. We rode the LM ride twice which was awesome.
The only thing was that MK was REALLY crowded today. It was not a recommended park but I didn't listen. However, yesterday DHS was also very crowded even though it was the recommended park. I think i prefer the end of August crowds but the weather now is so much nicer. Crowds have been pretty crazy this week
I'm thinking of booking the FD BB offer for next August before we check out tomorrow. I just have to figure out which resort we want, either AoA again or POFQ. Any recommendations?
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #3238
cajacobi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM
Today we were at MK and it was such a magical day with a magical ending. Both kids did the Pirate's League and we had dinner at CRT. After Wishes we were able to enter the new FLE with some pixie dust from a CM. We rode the LM ride twice which was awesome.
The only thing was that MK was REALLY crowded today. It was not a recommended park but I didn't listen. However, yesterday DHS was also very crowded even though it was the recommended park. I think i prefer the end of August crowds but the weather now is so much nicer. Crowds have been pretty crazy this week
I'm thinking of booking the FD BB offer for next August before we check out tomorrow. I just have to figure out which resort we want, either AoA again or POFQ. Any recommendations?
People might think I am crazy for saying this, but we weren't too impressed with POFQ- it didn't seem much better than a value except for the bus stops. Also keep in mind that it is Disney, so wherever you are will be fantastic!!
cajacobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #3239
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

I thought the BB offer was for moderate or deluxe only? Which would mean POFQ. I'm thinking if BB is the same, of doing a adult only trip next Aug after the kids are in school. Go during the week and they can stay at my BFFs house. She'll love it. LOL

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
momjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #3240
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
4 more sleeps until we fly out! I'm about 1/3 packed. Just have to finish the mounds of laundry, pack the last few bags and pick up some groceries for our nephew who will be hou /dog sitting while we're gone.
How fun! I usually can't sleep all that well the night before. I'm so afraid I'll oversleep and miss my plane! Have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
It's amazing how quickly they can change the decorations! Thanks for keeping us updated. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelletaranto1 View Post
We are on our way on Thursday!!! Yippee! And my goodie bags are there (phew...) and conceirage will set them up to look like they are from Mickey. Still have to buy meal plan tho and park tickets... Has anyone gone to Costco in Orlando before? How far is it from wdw?

Good news is I'm packed!
Don't know about Costco. I thought in order to take advantage of the meal plan, you had to buy it at the same time you bought your room and tickets. Are you sure you can still buy the meal plan? I hope so! At any rate, have a great trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Sweet. Thanks for the update!

On a related question, does anyone know if they are still doing the discount coupons on your quick service meal receipts for like 20% off your purchase at select shops if before Noon?

I will be living the Disney life in less than 48 hours!!!
I hope they are doing that. We loved taking advantage of the discount the last several times we've been there. Have a magical trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel; we lost our loved one at the end of Sept. and it's going to be hard for me at times when I go in 3 weeks, but I have to do my best for all of my friends who are going. God Bless your family and try to have a great time in his memory.
That's good advise and I hope you are able to do the same. So sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Tick tock, tick tock....Time is getting closer.

I'm starting to think we've forgotten something as we get closer. We're getting ready for a birthday party on Saturday and then Thanksgiving on Sunday. Then it's a couple of days of work and we're off to Disney!

A couple of cool updates though. When I was in Vegas I got a nice nylon drawstring bag/backpack that will be great for in the parks. Actually, I got two of them. They say IBM, but I don't think that matters.

Another cool thing is that we've learned that the school will totally play along with our surprise and will help us to spring the secret on the girls. So instead of picking up DD1 from school and just heading out we're going to have her called down to the office a few minutes before school lets out and the secretary will film us telling the girls that we're going to Disney! I know that because of our stories that we've been telling the girls they will be a little apprehensive at first, but I think in the end they are going to be very excited.
Didn't you know that IBM stands for I Belong to Mickey??? Don't let anyone tell you differently!

So cool that the school is going to help with the surprise! They are going to be soooo excited once it sinks in! Wish I could be there to see it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: