Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #3316
lovemickeyshouse
DISNEY LOVER

Our Balcony here at Beach Club is super small and no view of the fireworks but we have a view of the much talked about pool that I can't wait to go in tomorrow.
First deluxe stay Wilderness Lodge Dec 2010 with parents,Sis,Bro in Law 3 nrphews one of which my godson and his first Disney trip.September 2009 Pop 33rd Bday free dining trip was awesome. Been at Pop once in 2008 for World Series game 2 in Tampa and Port Orleans Riverside March 2008 family trip with parents and sis's family
It all started in 1980 and then 1985 and 1988 .No trips for 17 years and in 2005 I was at my 2nd home for the Superbowl what a story and since my Disney love went on. Can't wait for my next trip is the Hooneymoon in November 2012. Check out my internet show at [url]www.philliebeerman.com
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #3317
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Here is my review of our trip:

We checked in at 12:30 and our room was ready. We requested a full balcony and king and we got both The room was clean and spacious and was located by the single elevator. We just walked down that hall to the stairs and walked out the back way to everything Epcot was so close. Mousekeeping was excellent. Towel animals galore. We had a stingray in the bathtub one day that DH put on the sofa and the next day there was an Eeyore next to it. She had also taken my EEyore and had it cuddle with her Eeyore. So cute!

We ate lunch at Food and Wine Wed. and Thur. No lines at all . It was fantastic. In fact DHS was also empty those days. On Thur. we had our own private drawing class because no one else was there. on Friday morning we walked onto RNR with literally no wait and got the front car. The coaster only filled about half the car

The weekend was mobbed everywhere. Sat in Epcot was crazy. DHS and MK were also very busy. Sunday was busy but very manageable.

We ate at Beaches and Cream . Food was just OK but service and atmosphere was awesome. Best service we had was there and at Bluezoo. That was incredible. We also ate at Via Naploi which is one of our favorites but service was ok. Our waiter refused to acknowledge my existence and only talked to DH even when I tried to address. him. It was very strange the lengths he took to ignore my existence. We had my B day meal at California Grill . The food was awesome but our waitress was not. It as clear she did not want to be at work. She was very aloof and distant. She never acknowledged my B day. I did not want anything for free it was just weird that the check in lady acknowledged it but the waitress did not. She just did not really give anything to the service which was disappointing.

The trip was awesome. Great weather. No rain . I recommend running on the Boardwalk in the early a.m It was so relaxing and pretty. I talked with teena which was awesome. The BC workers were very helpful and amazing.

we got lots of pictures taken . Can' t wait to see them
I love BC

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #3318
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Here is my review of our trip:

We checked in at 12:30 and our room was ready. We requested a full balcony and king and we got both The room was clean and spacious and was located by the single elevator. We just walked down that hall to the stairs and walked out the back way to everything Epcot was so close. Mousekeeping was excellent. Towel animals galore. We had a stingray in the bathtub one day that DH put on the sofa and the next day there was an Eeyore next to it. She had also taken my EEyore and had it cuddle with her Eeyore. So cute!

We ate lunch at Food and Wine Wed. and Thur. No lines at all . It was fantastic. In fact DHS was also empty those days. On Thur. we had our own private drawing class because no one else was there. on Friday morning we walked onto RNR with literally no wait and got the front car. The coaster only filled about half the car

The weekend was mobbed everywhere. Sat in Epcot was crazy. DHS and MK were also very busy. Sunday was busy but very manageable.

We ate at Beaches and Cream . Food was just OK but service and atmosphere was awesome. Best service we had was there and at Bluezoo. That was incredible. We also ate at Via Naploi which is one of our favorites but service was ok. Our waiter refused to acknowledge my existence and only talked to DH even when I tried to address. him. It was very strange the lengths he took to ignore my existence. We had my B day meal at California Grill . The food was awesome but our waitress was not. It as clear she did not want to be at work. She was very aloof and distant. She never acknowledged my B day. I did not want anything for free it was just weird that the check in lady acknowledged it but the waitress did not. She just did not really give anything to the service which was disappointing.

The trip was awesome. Great weather. No rain . I recommend running on the Boardwalk in the early a.m It was so relaxing and pretty. I talked with teena which was awesome. The BC workers were very helpful and amazing.

we got lots of pictures taken . Can' t wait to see them
I love BC
Sounds like a great trip! That's so weird about the Via Napoli waiter!! I do love that place.

Would love to see some pics!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #3319
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Would I have a better chance at a view of IllumiNations from a garden view or lagoon view?? At either BC or YC...thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #3320
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Don't know if I'm eligible for the BOG list in January, because we're splitting between Poly and BWI CL. I love so many resorts, but I usually get to try new resorts and keep BC/YC in the mix with split stays. I'll definitely be around BC/YC during our stay (minus SAB - boo!) And I promise to contribute photos!!! If Dee determines I'm eligible for the BOG list with a non-BC/YC stay, it's January 26-February 1.
Some stays it's darts, other stays it's horse shoes. Pixarmom is obviously having one of those "horse shoes" stays were she is as close as she can get to our beloved BC/YC. I'm hoping she gets an A for asterisk * on the Be Our Guest list so we can keep track of her visit and root for a wonderful stay. With all the assistance she's provided over the many months I can't wait to hear about her BC/YC "drive by" adventures and see what details she uncovers when she visits.

~NM
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #3321
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Great reports coming in from all of the recent and current guests! Thanks peeps and keep 'em coming!! We are hanging on your every word and picture!

~NM
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #3322
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
The trip was awesome. Great weather. No rain . I recommend running on the Boardwalk in the early a.m It was so relaxing and pretty.
I love BC
I would always run on the Boardwalk in the mornings while everyone else was sleeping. It was one of my favorite parts of staying there. It was so beautiful and peaceful at that hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Would I have a better chance at a view of IllumiNations from a garden view or lagoon view?? At either BC or YC...thanks!
We could never see Illuminations from the BC. We could hear them, though. You might be able to see them from the YC lagoon view on a high floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJN View Post
Thank you! We had a water view rooms and the view was beautiful but the balconies were standing room only, which was a bit of a bummer. The saving grace was the fact that I could let the kids out there (it was narrow but long) and not have to worry about them standing on a chair or something.
Your pictures are great. Your room had a great view. We had the ground level room that was right under your room. It was a fantastic location, a good view, and set back far enough so that people couldn't look in at you. And the secret door is nearby. I can see why you liked it so much.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #3323
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I would always run on the Boardwalk in the mornings while everyone else was sleeping. It was one of my favorite parts of staying there. It was so beautiful and peaceful at that hour.

We could never see Illuminations from the BC. We could hear them, though. You might be able to see them from the YC lagoon view on a high floor.

Your pictures are great. Your room had a great view. We had the ground level room that was right under your room. It was a fantastic location, a good view, and set back far enough so that people couldn't look in at you. And the secret door is nearby. I can see why you liked it so much.
Really, hmmm.....I'd really like a shot at seeing it from my balcony...totally willing to switch to YC if that's necessary!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #3324
sndral
DIS Veteran

Well, the vacation is drawing closer, and every couple of days seems to bring a new 'issue.' First, right at 45 days to go son thought he might be changing jobs - what would that do to all of the carefully laid plans? That didn't happen, issue therefore resolved.
Then an email from Bistro De Paris, renovations taking longer than planned, we switched your ADR to Chefs de France the email informed us. Since Bistro's new opening was only a day later, we switched Bistro w/ Jiko, problem solved. Two days ago same email, Bistro delayed again - finding a 2 TS dinner ADR at less than 30 days out is not so easy - but we managed.
Today son texts, hey, lets go to Harry Potter for a day - mmm, maybe - has anyone done this recently, any advice on how best to do this?
Then there's the 'will the carryon make it on the plane because if you count the wheels it's one inch too long' thoughts floating around in my head.
When I want a chuckle I take a look at the Disney site to see how many days they think I have to go, sometimes it's 120, sometimes in the 40s, sometimes it's even correct.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #3325
Clarabel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I would love it if anyone can help. We are planning our next trip to disney in oct 2013. I have been a lurker for some time and have read threw most of the thread on BC/YC. A while back someone had posted a pic of the "bountiful breakfast" being offered at The market place. Is it true or did I misunderstand the post. And was it a pic of breakfast at cape may. Eggs & Mickey waffles would be great for the kids.

There are currently 2 options for counter service breakfast at the marketplace. For adults: 1. Breakfast platter = eggs, potatoes, biscuit, bacon. 2. Breakfast sandwich = eggs and bacon (I think). For kids: 1. Breakfast platter with parfait 2. French toast with bacon and grapes. On the DDP you can get a drink like OJ or Nesquick plus fill up your mugs with coffee or soda/ lemonade.

No Micky waffles at present unfortunately

A really nice option is the family breakfast (serves 4, enough for more) from in room dining. Eggs, bacon, sausage; pancakes and Mickey Waffles plus a carafe of orange juice and a pot of coffee. $55 or so. We did this the first morning and it was fab.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #3326
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarabel View Post
As Dee said, the Ale and Compass in the lobby is a really good option in the morning for a pre-park breakfast and for a morning coffee. The coffee is great Refillable mugs; coffee, tea, soda. Breakfast; muffins, pastries, fruit, toast etc from 6am until noon.

If you're on the dining plan you can get a refillable coffee and pastry for a snack credit.
Thanks...no, we don't purchase the dining plan. Way too much food (and extra money, IMO).
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #3327
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Any other thoughts from the YC/BC experts???

I posted last night about possibly changing from my BC GV room to a water view room at either YC or BC.

I would like a chance at seeing the high fireworks for IllumiNations and an overall great view (not overgrown greenery)...

Any suggestions for which one I should do, and requests I should make.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 11-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #3328
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Just a few pictures from our YC stay. We were in room 3109.

The Pooh is ours. We brought him with us.

This was the view from our room. You can't see it, but on the other side of those trees was the bus stop / valet parking area. I had to look at the map to figure out what was out there.

I took a total of 732 pictures on the trip, which seems fairly low to me since I love to take pictures. I thought I was surely over 1000. There are some, particularly from the Halloween party which didn't come out that great because of the lighting and because I'm still learning how to use my camera. I've only uploaded a few pictures so far though, but just wanted to share a few. I'll post a few more at some point if you're interested in seeing them.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #3329
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Finally packed last night and as I told DBF I think this is the lightest I have ever packed for Disney! So comes the fear I didn't pack something (even though my list says I have everything).

Now I just need to make it though 2 days of work, a wake and a possible Nor'eastern.

Never looked so forward to a vacation ever and very excited to explore the BC!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #3330
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

You will have a blast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: