Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #31
eeyoreforever
DIS Veteran

Another thumbs up for Tony's from me. We've ate here every trip (we do both lunch and supper) for the last 10 years and never had a bad meal. My personal favorite at lunch is the eggplant dish. For supper we usually get the shrimp scampi and I've had the salmon and steak also, both of which were excellent.

Give it a try and see what you think. Hope you like it as much as we do.
eeyoreforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #32
Lifeangel1
Mouseketeer

We have always enjoyed Tony's and will be eating there again in 26 days.

1986 off-site, 1990 off-site, 1992 off-site, 1997 off-site, 2001 off-site, 2005 off-site, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, WBC, 2012 CBR, 2013 POP, 2014 AoA
Lifeangel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #33
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

We had lunch there on our first trip 3 years ago and enjoyed our food. We are eating dinner there on our upcoming trip in December.
vtownpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
mikeyg1479
Earning My Ears

For me, its very standard Italian place- probably the bottom of all table seating Italian places in Disney. The food was edible, but nothing special- I'd rather eat at the Olive Garden, but maybe a step up from the local dive Pizza joint that makes pasta too.

However, great location & atmosphere. For me, the magic kingdom kind of lacks anyway for table dining at dinnertime (not experienced "Be Our Guest" yet) so its about as good as anything to me if your looking to sit down and eat dinner at the Kingdom.

Worked out well eating dinner there and being right in the neighborhood to grab a spot for the evening parade.
mikeyg1479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #35
AuntPol
Earning My Ears

We enjoyed eating there. It was great for viewing the parade.

3 of us had the steak and it was cooked perfect and delicious. The asparagus was great. The potato side dish was barely warm though tasty. The bread was okay. My daughter liked it a lot but it was likely frozen bread rolls. My daughter had spaghetti and meatballs and it was too much food for her. She could have split it. She liked it but she is easy to please as long as it's pasta.

Two people got chocolate cake and it was huge. I didn't taste it so can't comment. I had the tirimasu and it was delicious and they did a chocolate stencil of Lady and Tramp on the plate that my kids enjoyed seeing.

If you are picky about your Italian food, it might not be for you but if Olive Garden is okay, then it should be fine. I'm Irish and am not a diehard Italian food fanatic and live in the South where Olive Garden and Papa John's are your Italian options lol so I was fine with it. I would eat there again, especially at parade time, but it wasn't great enough to be a "must" do. I may try some other places first.
AuntPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #36
Stbissell
Mouseketeer

It's not bad. I had chicken Parma which was comparable to Olive Garden. Nothing to write home about but not terrible. My fiancée had a steak which she said was very good. Her daughter had the Mickey mouse shaped raviolis which were good. I tried one. Dessert was very good. I had pistachio creme brûlée.

The best part was that it was our first night, we got seats on the patio and got to see the parade. It was great since it was my future step daughters first time seeing it. That made the meal. However, it was pure luck.

Not planning on going there next summer when we go but I'm not opposed to going back at some point. So many places to try before we go back.
Stbissell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: