Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
PegIra
DIS Veteran

Palo's

Thanks for the response,it made me feel better. This is our friends 20th cruise, but first Disney cruise, so I want to make it special for them.

By the way, we were on the Official Maiden Voyage of the Dream also.

Thanks again.

Peg
PegIra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
ScrappinGran
Mouseketeer

I hope you enjoy your Palo brunch. No flaming please, but we were disappointed. The setting is beautiful, we had a table by the window, and were prepared to be wowed. We weren't. I was shocked at how limited the choices were. Honestly, there are many restaurants near where we live that put on a better spread than this. That said, I tried the much raved about Chicken Parm and found it mealy and tasteless. My DH had the Veal Saltimbucca and said it was just okay. We tried a few other things, but really were let down. We won't go to the brunch again. We may try dinner there, but it's sure not on the "have to do" list. We also heard about thank you notes from the Palo Servers, but did not receive one, and yes, we tipped well, as his service was excellent. The meal was not.
ScrappinGran is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegIra View Post
Today is finally the day I can add our friends to our Palo Brunch on our cruise, but of course, I went online at 12:01 am to add them since this is now their 75 days until our cruise and there is no availability. I had checked at 11:30 and it was available but half hour later, nothing available. Is there anywhere I can call and try or do I just have to wait until we board and try?

Peg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Don't stress...keep your reservation and just add your friends when you get onboard. We haved done this tons of times and never had problem. I was able to add 10 additional people to our Palo reservation onboard the Fantasy in July with no problem. They hold back a bunch of reservations to be booked onboard. I went to Palo as soon as we boarded and I had everyone's cabin numbers with me (so only I had to go to Palo) and we were flexible on time and day but had no problem adding them all.

MJ
This is our experience, also. As Gold CC, we were able to secure Palo ressies on our last two cruises. But the others traveling with us were firsttimers and, when their window opened, there were no ressies available.

Just added them when we boarded on embarkation day - no problem.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #19
PegIra
DIS Veteran

Palo's

Thanks, it is good to hear that so far everone who has been in my situation managed to include their friends once you all got onboard.
It is so great to be able to ask questions and get answers from people that know.

Thanks again,

Peg
PegIra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: