Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #436
Purplelv93
Travel is an Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
Dropping in to say hi! My partner and I will be on this cruise (as well as the Dream sailing 11/11). Love those FL resident rates. See you around the ship.

I'm on the 11/11 sailing too! Ditto on the much love for the Florida resident rate!

May 2015, 7-night Magic
August 2014, 7-night WC, Fantasy
May 2014, 7-night EC, Fantasy
April 2014, 4-night Dream
December 2013, 4-night Dream
November 2013, 5-night Caribbean, Magic
September 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
May 2013, 14-night Panama Canal, Wonder
April 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
April 2013, 3-night Bahamas, Dream
January 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
December 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
November 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
October 2012, 14-night Hawaiian, Wonder
May 2012, 7-night W. Caribbean, Fantasy
May 2012, 5-night Bahamas, Magic
September 2011, 14-night WBTA, Magic
May 2011, 14-night EBTA, Magic
November 2010, 4-night Bahamas, Wonder

Current AP holder at Walt Disney World, former AP holder at Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Paris Disneyland. Tokyo Disneyland 3X. Former DLR CM, former consultant at HKDL.
Purplelv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #437
obslady
Think, Believe, Dream, Dare!

Time Is Nearing

Oh it's so nice to see so many new posts. Love that many more have joined the FE too. I can't wait to start packing. It's 42 degrees here today and my soul craves the warm sun shining down on me...

The kids are finally starting to get as excited as I am . Feeling very blessed to have the opportunity to take them again.

For those of you who live in FL near Disney, what's the typical day/night weather like during early December? Trying to figure out what all to pack since we're also doing a few days at WDW and going to be hitting the Mickey Christmas Party Thursday night after the cruise.

Any other "magical secrets" any of you can share about the Dream ?
obslady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #438
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by obslady View Post
Oh it's so nice to see so many new posts. Love that many more have joined the FE too. I can't wait to start packing. It's 42 degrees here today and my soul craves the warm sun shining down on me...

The kids are finally starting to get as excited as I am . Feeling very blessed to have the opportunity to take them again.

For those of you who live in FL near Disney, what's the typical day/night weather like during early December? Trying to figure out what all to pack since we're also doing a few days at WDW and going to be hitting the Mickey Christmas Party Thursday night after the cruise.

I SEE YOUR DOING THE MICKEY PARTY SAME NIGHT WE ARE. HOPEFULLY WE RUN INTO YOU. WE HAVE DONE THE PARTY THE LAST 3 YEARS ALL AROUND THE SAME TIME. THEY FILM THE CHRISTMAS DAY PARADE IN PARTS AROUND THE TIME WE SAIL OUT. WE WERE AT MK LATER ON THE SATURDAY AND THE CHRISTMAS TREE WAS STILL DOWN FROM THE FILMING. THATS WHERE THEY SIT AT THE END OF MAIN STREET. WE ARENT FROM FLORIDA BUT HAVE BEEN AT WDW THE LAST 5 YEARS AT THE SAME TIME. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE ITS BEEN IN THE 80s FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND THEN DROP TO THE 60s BY DAY AND 30s BY NIGHT. WE BRING EVERYTHING FROM SHORTS AND BATHING SUITS TO COATS FOR COOL WEATHER. YOU CAN TELL THE CANADIANS THERE WE STILL WEAR SHORTS WHEN IT DROPS INTO 40s USUALLY WE FIND IT COMFORTABLE DURING THE DAY.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #439
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
Here is some more trivia...

Pluto was originally the dog of what character? And what was Pluto's original name?

AND

Who was the first Disney Character to every speak directly to the audience in a Disney movie?

Anybody have any guesses?
drumexpert510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #440
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Anybody have any guesses?
Pluto was Minnie's dog and he was Rover...

I am guessing it was Mickey? Not sure about that one.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #441
joyjanet
Melbourne FL

Quote:

Our weather changes constantly this time of year. This Wednesday it is going down to 47 at night and next Wednesday it will be 64 at night. Good idea to bring light jackets (nothing too heavy) and shorts and jeans. Since it will be snowing at Disney (since it is Christmas) you might want hats and gloves.
joyjanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #442
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:

By December you will need a jacket at night, unless you are very lucky.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #443
Purplelv93
Travel is an Addiction

Nope - no such thing as typical weather in Florida that time of year. When it gets closer you can look ahead at the 10-day forecast and get an idea of what it will be like.

We got our cabin assignment today! #7140

May 2015, 7-night Magic
August 2014, 7-night WC, Fantasy
May 2014, 7-night EC, Fantasy
April 2014, 4-night Dream
December 2013, 4-night Dream
November 2013, 5-night Caribbean, Magic
September 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
May 2013, 14-night Panama Canal, Wonder
April 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
April 2013, 3-night Bahamas, Dream
January 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
December 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
November 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
October 2012, 14-night Hawaiian, Wonder
May 2012, 7-night W. Caribbean, Fantasy
May 2012, 5-night Bahamas, Magic
September 2011, 14-night WBTA, Magic
May 2011, 14-night EBTA, Magic
November 2010, 4-night Bahamas, Wonder

Current AP holder at Walt Disney World, former AP holder at Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Paris Disneyland. Tokyo Disneyland 3X. Former DLR CM, former consultant at HKDL.
Purplelv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #444
MichelFamily
Earning My Ears

Our first Disney cruise!

We are so excited about our first Disney cruise! We are going to surprise our daughter 9yrs & 3yrs. I can't wait to see their faces Any advice about Disney cruises? Any suggestions to make it extra special for our kiddos?
Thank You!
MichelFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #445
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelFamily View Post
We are so excited about our first Disney cruise! We are going to surprise our daughter 9yrs & 3yrs. I can't wait to see their faces Any advice about Disney cruises? Any suggestions to make it extra special for our kiddos?
Thank You!
WELCOME TO THE GROUP HMMM WHERE TO START HAILEY WHOSE IS 9 WILL BE WITH US. SHE WILL GIVE LAURA AND I AN EXCUSE TO WALK AROUND OCEANEERS CLUB AND BE BIG KIDDOS WE HAVE PASSED THAT ENTRY SO MANY TIMES NOW WE CAN GO IN. WHATS REALLY COOL IS THE INTERACTIVE DETECTIVE GAME ANYONE CAN PLAY. LAURA AND I HAVE BEEN ON THE DREAM A FEW TIMES AND HAVENT FINISHED THE GAME YET. NOT THAT IT CANT BE FINISHED BUT WE FORGET TO DO IT OR WE STARTED TO LATE AT NIGHT. I THINK ITS DEC 4 OR 5 YOU WILL FIND THE DETECTIVE DESK, GET YOUR GAME CARD AND YOUR OFF AROUND THE SHIP FINDING CLUES. GO TO FIRST PAINTING STAND IN FRONT, USE YOUR CARD TO ACTIVATE THE PAINTING GET YOUR NEXT CLUE. ITS FUN FOR ALL AGES. IT TAKES LONGER FOR REALLY OLD KIDDOS LIKE MYSELF
IN OUR OPINION WHEN YOU GET TO NASSAU THERE ISNT MUCH FOR YOUNG KIDS TO DO UNLESS YOU BOOKED A TOUR TO SWIM WITH DOLPHINS ETC. THERE IS A BEACH RIGHT NEAR THE SHIP.
EVEN THOU ITS YOUR FIRST TIME DRESS UP LIKE A PIRATE ON PIRATE NIGHT, THE KIDS AND OLDER KIDS(we are all kids on the ship) WILL HAVE FUN. WE ALWAYS DRESS UP. DONT MISS THE MEET AND GREETS. THE PRINCESSES HAVE MEET AND GREETS IN THE MAIN ATRUIM IN EARLY EVENING. OTHER CHARACTERS WILL BE AROUND ALSO. ON CASTAWAY CAY YOU WILL HAVE THE FAB 5 mickey, minnie, goofy, donald, pluto. CAPTAIN HOOK AND SMEE ARE USUALLY NEAR THE POST OFFICE. JACK SPARROW IS USUALLY SOMEWHERE. IF YOU WANT TO DO YOUR FAMILY CHRISTMAS CARD PHOTOS YOU CAN DO THEM IN THE ATRUIM, ITS ALL SET UP FOR CHRISTMAS.
RIGHT AFTER MUSTER DRILL GO TO DECK 11 AND STAND RIGHT INFRONT OF THE STAGE ON THE POOL COVERING. THATS A GOOD PLACE FOR SAILAWAY SHOW. SAME WITH PIRATE SHOW. IF YOUR FACING THE STAGE ON PIRATE NIGHT STAND ON LEFT SIDE. THATS A BETTER SIDE FOR THE FIREWORKS ON THAT LEVEL.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE FE LET ME KNOW.
FE STANDS FOR FISH EXTENDER. YOU HANG YOUR FE ON YOUR DOOR FISH OR SEAHORSE DEPENDING ON SIDE OF SHIP YOUR ON. EVERYONE WHO HAS SIGNED UP GO AROUND AND PLACE A STOCKING STUFFER TYPE GIFT IN THE FE POCKETS OF EVERYONE IN THE CABIN. IF YOU HAVE 4 IN YOUR CABIN YOU ONLY GIVE OUT ONE FE GIFT PER CABIN PER PERSON. IF YOU DONT HAVE AN FE HOLDER YOU CAN HANG ANYTHING WITH THE NAMES OF EACH PERSON IN THE CABIN. USUALLY 1 GIFT PER CRUISE PER PERSON. DURING THE CRUISE AT ANYTIME YOU WANT YOU GO AROUND AND DROP OFF THE FE GIFT. WHEN THOSE PEOPLE IN THAT CABIN COME BACK THEY WILL FIND IT IN THERE FE HOLDER. ITS A LOT OF FUN. ITS FUN FOR THE KIDS AND KIDS AT HEART. OUR GROUP ISNT BIG, I KEEP POSTING THE UPDATE OF THE GROUP. THE GIFT IS USUALLY SOMETHING YOUVE MADE OR BOUGHT BUT ITS USUALLY INEXPENSIVE. FOR EXAMPLE WE HAD A CABIN FROM NEAR HERSHEY PA. INVOLVED AND THEY BROUGHT CHOCOLATE BARS FROM HERSHEY CHOCOLATE. SOME ONE ELSE FROM LONG ISLAND AREA BROUGHT A SQUEAKY DUCK WHISTLE WHICH IS FROM THERE LOCAL HOCKEY TEAM. WE ARE CANADIAN SO WE USUALLY BRING THINGS THAT ARE TYPICALLY CANADIAN FROM OUR AREA.

WOW THAT WAS A LONG POST, HOPE I MADE WHAT THE FE IS WITHOUT MAKING IT MORE CONFUSING IF YOU GO BACK A FEW POSTS YOU WILL SEE A PHOTO OF OUR DOOR AND THE FE HANGING AT THE SIDE. THIS IS ONLY DONE ON A DISNEY SHIP.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #446
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
here is updated fe list.

Dvc deernut laura(dw) ian(dh) cabin 7002
cara(dfiancee) skye(dd)16 hailey(dd)9 cabin 7000

reigle4 rick(dh) melinda(dw) jade(dgd)8 cabin 6112
jenny(dw) richard(dh) kay(dd)7 cabin 6114

obslady brandy(dw) david(dh) cabin 5650
talia(dd)17 keegan(ds)12

jjmom jeanette(dm) jaden(ds)13 janessa(dd)12 cabin 2023

drumexpert510 brad(dboyfriend) kaitlin(dgirlfriend) jennifer(dmom) cabin 8588

amanda202 amanda(dw) anton(dh) cabin ?

Piratebob bano(dw) bob(dh) cabin ?

Herbiethek herb(dh) janet(dw) cabin ?

Soaringlady kathryn(dw) marcel(dh) cabin 10514
corale(dm) cabin 10518

purplelv93 monique(dbff) yolanda(dbff) cabin 7140

any corrections please let me know.
new update with cabin number for purplelv93
Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #447
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

Real quick question...

I have been on other lines that while you are on their private Island that have a free lunch, barbeque, or something. Is something like this offered on castaway cay or is it food that you have to pay for?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #448
reigle4
with magicdust is the only way to travel

What is dbff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
new update with cabin number for purplelv93
What is dbff...I don' know what it is considered...adult, child?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #449
drumexpert510
Earning My Ears

FINISHED OUR NEW FE!!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK... and yes it was very hard making this without Kaitlin knowing or seeing.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #450
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FINISHED OUR NEW FE!!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK... and yes it was very hard making this without Kaitlin knowing or seeing.
GREAT JOB CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE STORY ABOUT TELLING HER WHERE YOUR GOING

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: