Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #196
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.
I wonder if Mythbusters has tested this one yet?

Quote:
But IASW isn't enjoyable even without those things. Ping-pong ball guns on the other hand...
Why just use ping pong ball guns when you can got all Kaptain Kangaroo style on them?

Quote:
It might hurt less but cause a more complex injury.
Like plantar fasciitis?

Quote:
This must have been some other kid you observed, and not your little angels.
That cackle would had been the last thing you heard had he gotten you in front of that bus.

Quote:
These look really awesome.

Quote:
They should totally sell that kit in the Lego Store.
And if it's not a big seller, just slap a Star Wars Rebellion logo on it

Quote:
I can see why you liked this area so much. Very cool.

Quote:
Uh oh. That could get scattered and splattered later.
Not my problem. It's grandma & grandpa's living room.
Quote:
Your kids' pictures, as always, are adorable.
Thanks. They get that from their mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Legoland really looks awesome....

Will have to check that our one day...
A few years ago, Universal couldn't even live up to the low expectations we had for it. Legoland far exceeded our already pretty high expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Looks like you are having a blast... I hope it doesn't get ruined by some Canadians in the next update or two....
Meh. You learn to ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm still amazed by how much Legoland has to offer. Who knew? And that Miniland section looks awesome! If my son ever really gets into Legos, I think we'll have to take a trip there.
Let's go down the checklist:
1. He's a Boy.

Yup, we can just go ahead and stop there. He's going to like Legos.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #197
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm not even going to go there...I'll let the guys handle this one.
You have two grown sons - I'm sure you've heard all the jokes.

Quote:
Looks like Evan was having a little trouble reaching that rope; but what a cool concept!
He's a little short on one end. We just haven't figured out which end yet.

Quote:
I can so see Evan cackling at this.
You've met him. You understand.

Quote:
Very nice group shot here.
Thanks!
Quote:
As is this one.

Quote:
These are really cool. We will have to take future grandchildren here for sure.
They'll have a blast!

Quote:
I'd be afraid of him....for more than just the attire.
He's a menace!

Quote:
Love it...always a princess.

Quote:
mmmmm....where are the scattered, smothered and covered, dear Evan? You are letting me down here
Those were on daddy's plate.

Quote:
Seriously? You are seriously going to talk about Disney?
Someone getting a little impatient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I can't say that I'd be too surprised if you did suddenly start referring to yourself in the third person.
Barry has been known to do that from time to time.

Quote:
Hey, where's Figment?
Copyrighted.

Quote:
A human powered ride??? What kind of a cheap theme park is this???
There was a giant hamster wheel behind it that you could run in.

Quote:
IASW is what, 14 minutes long? That would become a new DISdads contest to see who can set the fastest time getting through there. You might actually be on to something there.
Maybe we could use the canoes from Fantasmic with the flaming torches. :

Quote:
However, it might get you a high five after the fact when nobody's looking from your dad who was manning one of those conveniently placed water cannon buttons.
I was holding the baby. I have no idea what you might be talking about.

Quote:
Yeah, we get it. You keep stepping on Legos in the middle of the night. Maybe one of these days you'll finally learn to put your toys away when you're done playing with them.
Sorry, mom.

Quote:
That. Looks. Awesome!!!!!
They did a fantastic job with this area.

Quote:
What is it with you and trips to the auto parts stores when you're at the in-laws???
It's a good thing I wasn't in charge. We would have to gone back 3 or 4 more times.

Quote:
First stop: DTD and the Lego Store!
Oiy.
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #198
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Disney Not that I wasn't enjoying Legoland. Legoland looks cool but there's a mouse or two missing
I agree! Bring on the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
Your pictures of Miniland are great. I can just imagine what being there in person is like. It reminds me of Madurodam in Holland.
Wow, that place is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Wow, who knew there was so much cool stuff at Legoland? We'll have to keep that in mind if we ever decide to venture off of WDW property someday. The Miniland models look amazing!

But on to Disney!
It's a bit of a haul from Disney, but well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Legoland does look intriguing.

I will put it on the someday list...... maybe with the fictional grandkids that won't be around any time soon.
You can always borrow someone else's. Heck, if you're paying, you can take us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Legoland looks like it has much more to offer than I had heard from others. I'm glad your family enjoyed it.
And we didn't even get to all of it!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #199
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Nobody wanted to sell the "cigarettes"?
Quote:
Well, let's just be thankful that a bag of Doritos didn't fall out when you opened your locker. You'd have never made it out alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Good one Andy. MUST HAVE DORITOS!
It appears that I have misled you with my wording. They weren't that kind of cigarettes. I'm not sure what foreign speaking country these folks were from, but they either brought their one smokes with them from home or stopped by the everglades on their way, grabbed some swamp grass and rolled their own. All I remember was that they were brown and stunk to high heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Great update Barry. Doubt I will ever get to Legoland but it was nice to see it. Were you tempted to play Godzilla in Miniland? I would.
Thanks CJ. What kind of person do you think I am that would rampage through Lego models stomping, smashing and "ROOOOOAAAR!!!"ing the entire time? Because yes, I'm totally that person.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #200
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Let the Magic Begin!

For all of you that have been waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for us to arrive at the Disney portion of this trip: we're here.

We woke up on the morning of August 20, packed up most of our stuff (at least one suitcase was staying at Grandma & Grandpa's house. It didn't lighten out load too much, but every little bit helps) and got all dressed up in our Mickey Mouse finest.

We piled in the cars and headed straight for our home-away-from home for the next 9 nights:

Disney's Boardwalk Villas. We'd stayed across the lake at the Beach Club Villas a few times a really liked the location: walking (or boating) distance to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. But we decided on the Boardwalk for two reasons: (a) we've never stayed there before and (2) that's where the party was. (More on that in a future chapter)

We knew that arriving at 9 am or so that our room would not be ready, but we wanted to get checked in, get our KTTW (including dining plan) and drop off our bags with bell services. Certainly we could have left the bags in the cars, but we had some refrigerated and some frozen stuff. In case you didn't know, bell services has refrigerators and freezers to store your stuff in. All you have to do is ask.

After we got our stuff squared away, we gathered up our park bag and headed for the bus stop. A few minutes later our bus pulled up. No sooner had we gotten on, sat down and started pulling away from the bus stop did I get a text message saying our room was ready. Well played, front desk. Well played.

While the convenience to Epcot and DHS is top notch, the bus service to Magic Kingdom, Dowtown Disney and Animal Kingdom was pretty hit and miss. Depending on what time of day you got on the bus, might go right there, or you might stop at the Swan, then the Dolphin, then your destination. Sometimes it would be Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, then your destination. And sometimes your bus driver takes a wrong turn at Albuquerque and you end up in a rabbit tunnel going into Ft. Knox.

But no matter, we eventually made it to the Magic Kingdom. We usually make it to the park around rope drop, so getting there at about 10:30 was a bit odd for us. It did, however, let us experience some things that aren't usually out firs thing in the morning. Things such as a trained firefighter trusting Madison with an ax. Seriously, nothing good can come from that girl wielding at sharpened hunk of metal on a stick.

After a quick "We're in Disney World!" picture...

... we made a hard left at Casey's and charged with a full head of steam right toward Adventureland! Nothing is going to stop us! We were steely determined to ....OH! LOOK A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY!

SO CUTE AND FUZZY AND CUDDLY AND OMG LOOK AT THOSE EARS AND HIS ADORABLE LITTLE EYES AND ...

Ah Hem.

What?

You know we have bunnies back home, right?

Yeah.

Shall we continue on then?

OK.

<Sigh.> OK, so we headed over to Adventureland to get drenched in our customary Camel Spit.

And yes, I realize that saying that phrase about any other place in the world would sound totally insane, but when you're talking about the Magic Kingdom it sounds...well....slightly less insane. But the kids like it, so, whatever.

Onward we marched back to Frontierland and two of our favorite attractions - Big Thunder and Splash Mountain. After grabbing Fastpasses for BTMRR, I got a call from a fellow DisDad, Brian (twokids0204) He was standing in front of Space Mountain with his son and two extra FastPasses. Madison and I decided to go for it while Bambi took her parents, Evan and Ryder to Pirates.

Ryder's reaction: he seemed to enjoy it. Which, when translated into the mannerisms of a 5 month old meant that he didn't fall asleep or scream through it.

Meanwhile, Madison and I met up with Brian and his son and we ventured into a completely new ride for Madison. The universe finally aligned to allow us to take a trip where she was tall enough to ride and the ride was actually open. She sat in front of me, which allowed me to put my hand on her shoulder through the entire ride. I would have liked to pull it back and give my arm a rest, but she was grabbing on to it and screaming like it like her life depended on it. Needless to say, she didn't (seem to) enjoy the ride one bit. She was a bit shaken on the moving walkway to the gift shop/exit. But when we met Brian's wife and daughter there, Madison turned to look at me with that devilish gleam in her eye and asked if we could ride it again.

Hmmmm....me thinks she like it a little more than she let on. However, we had to meet back up with the rest of the family as it was now getting on to lunch time. We walked back toward the hub with Brian and his family, pausing for a "pictures or it didn't happen" picture.

We took a few more steps, then paused for another reason. A large crown had developed and it made traversing the sidewalk rather difficult. The reason:

A family of ducks was trying to cross the path. I really don't know why (if it were chickens, I'd say "to get to the other side", but clearly these are ducks. Nobody knows what ducks are thinking.)

We found everyone else holed up in the back of Columbia Harbor House, where Bambi's mom was trying her hardest to feed Ryder.

Mmmm...looks like peaches were on the menu that day. After our meal, Ryder (who didn't really care for those peaches) was still a bit peckish. And by that, I mean he was screaming his bloody head off. I found a nice shady spot outside Columbia Harbor House to give him a bottle while Evan and Bambi headed to Space Mountain for Evan's first ever ride and Madison and her grandparents headed across the way to Haunted Mansion. While I was sitting there, a nice elderly lady sat down next to me with what I assume was her granddaughter. We started chatting a little bit and I found that she was from Wales and kept saying things like "what a bonnie little baby." I still don't know what that means, but I was assured it was a good thing. I also decided that we needed a British nanny - even if she didn't have magical powers like Mary Poppins. They're just fun to listen to.

After Ryder finished his bottle and fell asleep, the family emerged from the Haunted Mansion - shaken, but relatively unscathed from the 999 happy haunts. I did a quick head count and found that none of my family decided to to take up the offer of "room for one more."

They were off again in the direction of Fantasyland, while I took Ryder up to the front of the park to meet Bambi and Evan. Madison had an appointment at Bibbity Bobbity Boutique later in the week, so it was only fair that Evan got a date with the scissors at the Harmony Barbershop. Ryder started to protest, but I put an end to that when I pointed out that he really didn't have any hair yet.

The "Before":

And the "After":

The freshly trimmed Evan and I started wandering up Main Street in the general direction of where ever it was that we were going to meet up with everyone else, but decided to stop and watch the rest of the Dream Along With Mickey show.

(I like that last shot. It makes it look like the Princesses are giving a little wave to Walt & Mickey)

Smoochy, smoochy.

A short (sorry Evan, I couldn't resist a height joke here. You can get me back when you're 18 and 4 inches taller than me) stop in the giftshop to check out the Agent P hat, then....

...it be Dole Whip Time!

We met up with Brian and his family at Aloha Isle where I had him take that picture so I could text it to my nemesis, Tim. Just to remind him that I was at WDW and he wasn't.

While we were enjoying our Dole Whips, we were joined by another DisDad, Chris (clearscreen). I assume he has a better picture where his eyes are open, but I have to work with what I have.

After cleaning up and a potty break, we headed toward the Jungle Cruise. The wait was a bit too long and might make us miss our Splash Fast Pass return time, so we headed to Frontierland. It was convenient because Brian had BTMRR Fast Passes, so we let life long best friends Madison and Baylee lead the way.

So what if they had only met that morning. That doesn't mean they can't be BFFs.

UP NEXT: We get wet. And not from Splash Mountain.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #201
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the update.. I'm pretty sure Bonnie is like nice/cute/happy/and various other good words that describe cute little baby boys.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #202
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I got a call from a fellow DisDad, Brian (twokids0204) He was standing in front of Space Mountain with his son and two extra FastPasses. Madison and I decided to go for it while Bambi took her parents, Evan and Ryder to Pirates.

Meanwhile, Madison and I met up with Brian and his son and we ventured into a completely new ride for Madison. The universe finally aligned to allow us to take a trip where she was tall enough to ride and the ride was actually open. She sat in front of me, which allowed me to put my hand on her shoulder through the entire ride. I would have liked to pull it back and give my arm a rest, but she was grabbing on to it and screaming like it like her life depended on it. Needless to say, she didn't (seem to) enjoy the ride one bit. She was a bit shaken on the moving walkway to the gift shop/exit. But when we met Brian's wife and daughter there, Madison turned to look at me with that devilish gleam in her eye and asked if we could ride it again.

Hmmmm....me thinks she like it a little more than she let on. However, we had to meet back up with the rest of the family as it was now getting on to lunch time. We walked back toward the hub with Brian and his family, pausing for a "pictures or it didn't happen" picture.

...it be Dole Whip Time!

We met up with Brian and his family at Aloha Isle where I had him take that picture so I could text it to my nemesis, Tim. Just to remind him that I was at WDW and he wasn't.

While we were enjoying our Dole Whips, we were joined by another DisDad, Chris (clearscreen). I assume he has a better picture where his eyes are open, but I have to work with what I have.

After cleaning up and a potty break, we headed toward the Jungle Cruise. The wait was a bit too long and might make us miss our Splash Fast Pass return time, so we headed to Frontierland. It was convenient because Brian had BTMRR Fast Passes, so we let life long best friends Madison and Baylee lead the way.

Sounds like the perfect day!!!! Can it get any better?

Was really great meeting up with you and your family... and yes the kids got along like life long pals...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #203
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
... we made a hard left at Casey's and charged with a full head of steam right toward Adventureland! Nothing is going to stop us! We were steely determined to ....OH! LOOK A CUTE LITTLE BUNNY!

SO CUTE AND FUZZY AND CUDDLY AND OMG LOOK AT THOSE EARS AND HIS ADORABLE LITTLE EYES AND ...

Ah Hem.

What?

You know we have bunnies back home, right?

Yeah.

Shall we continue on then?

OK.
You could have just used the other 300 pictures of the bunny to make your point.

Quote:

Ryder's reaction: he seemed to enjoy it. Which, when translated into the mannerisms of a 5 month old meant that he didn't fall asleep or scream through it.
He loved it. It was his first Disney ride. How could he not love it?

Quote:

Hmmmm....me thinks she like it a little more than she let on.
I like these rides a little less when they are on them.

Quote:

Mmmm...looks like peaches were on the menu that day.
Squash. It was Squash. Clearly you need to feed the baby more so you can tell the difference between peaches and squash.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #204
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
Squash. It was Squash. Clearly you need to feed the baby more so you can tell the difference between peaches and squash.
BUSTED!!!!

I'll be back later to comment on everything else.

RIP Genie
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #205
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see what y'all thought of Boardwalk. I really want to stay there....soon!

Looks like y'all were off to a great start at MK! And already having DIS meets!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #206
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm, Dole Whips!!! Maybe Ryder would have enjoyed one of those more than his "peaches" (squash)!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #207
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I wonder if Mythbusters has tested this one yet?
I think they did, but Jamie's mustache got in the way.

Plausible

Quote:
No sooner had we gotten on, sat down and started pulling away from the bus stop did I get a text message saying our room was ready. Well played, front desk. Well played.

Quote:
And sometimes your bus driver takes a wrong turn at Albuquerque and you end up in a rabbit tunnel going into Ft. Knox.
That is a disappointment. I really don't understand why they don't run a dedicated bus to deluxe resorts. I mean you're paying a deluxe price, so you'd think the service would be a little better.

I love the Bugs Bunny reference though.

Quote:
Seriously, nothing good can come from that girl wielding at sharpened hunk of metal on a stick.
Well, if you can choose between handing it to Madison or Evan, which one would you pick?

Quote:
Needless to say, she didn't (seem to) enjoy the ride one bit. She was a bit shaken on the moving walkway to the gift shop/exit. But when we met Brian's wife and daughter there, Madison turned to look at me with that devilish gleam in her eye and asked if we could ride it again.
Way to go Madison!

Quote:
pausing for a "pictures or it didn't happen" picture.
Um... clearly it did happen. You were both in that Space Mountain picture.

Quote:
I also decided that we needed a British nanny - even if she didn't have magical powers like Mary Poppins. They're just fun to listen to.
And your kids are smarter just from listening to the accent. Fact.

Quote:
A short (sorry Evan, I couldn't resist a height joke here. You can get me back when you're 18 and 4 inches taller than me)
He'll probably tower over you by then...

Quote:
Great place for a disdad meet.

Quote:
so we let life long best friends Madison and Baylee lead the way.

So what if they had only met that morning. That doesn't mean they can't be BFFs.
Seriously... how many dismeets have you posted about where Madison is immediately best friends with everybody? I'm glad to see that she gets along with everyone so well!

Quote:
You could have just used the other 300 pictures of the bunny to make your point.
And that would have spared us from some of Barry's rambling.

Quote:
He loved it. It was his first Disney ride. How could he not love it?
Excellent point.

Quote:
I thought it looked like sweet potatoes.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #208
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
I know Bambi is on a feed the kid vegetables bandwagon, but mushed squash? You are at Disney World Barry. Why not a Dole Whip? It has fruit and dairy. Very healthy (just don't look at the sugar content).

Bambi, if you are mad at me for pointing that out, feel free to smack Barry upside the head as a substitute.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #209
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Way to go Madison for riding SM.

Sorry you couldn't relax- I did the same thing when I had to hold on to one of mine.

Some great divide and conquer there. You stay with Ryder and the Grands and wife and kids split and ride.

Nice DISmeets
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #210
MEK
DIS Veteran

In that first picture I would have to say that Ryder wins as cutest baby on earth.

Love Evans hair cut.

Go Madison for riding Space Mountain for the first time.

I stayed at BWV for a few nights in June and again a couple weeks ago. I loved it. I think it might be my new favorite DVC resort.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: