Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
turnlisa
DIS Veteran

I second the cabins at FW. There's a double in the bedroom and bunks then a double murphy bed in the living room. 4 beds. Nice to have the full kitchen and extra space also.

turnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
staffieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You could book preferred at POR and stay in the AB section. They have two queens and a murphy bed set-up. However, the storage is limited.

You could also book a regular room at POR or POFQ and get two queen beds and bring an air mattress. There is plenty of storage for 4 people (I have done 4 adults in the mansions at POR). The air mattress can be placed agains the wall during the day when not in use.

The set-up would be similar at CSR. CBR still has double beds, so that would not be the most ideal choice, but it would work with the air mattress.

The threads for CSR, POR, and POFQ are very well maintained and have a ton of pictures; I would check them all three out and see what theming suits you best.

Please help with ? What is CSR, POR?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #18
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

CSR - Coronado Springs Resort
POR - Port Orleans Riverside
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
staffieri
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. Checked into bed at POR and it too small for an adult or my son. Too bad I really like that resort. Wondering if Animator's bed is the same.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffieri View Post
Thanks everyone. Checked into bed at POR and it too small for an adult or my son. Too bad I really like that resort. Wondering if Animator's bed is the same.
My 12 year old slept on the Innova table bed. It's a full size bed but it's not as long. I think your 14 yr old would be fine. My son said it was very comfortable. My son is about 5' tall.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
staffieri
DIS Veteran

Thanks. Really trying to find good options. My 14 year old is a man child. He plays baseball and is tall. I wish they would show pics of adults on those bed at POR and the one at AOA. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffieri View Post
Thanks. Really trying to find good options. My 14 year old is a man child. He plays baseball and is tall. I wish they would show pics of adults on those bed at POR and the one at AOA. Thanks for the info.
I've read some reviews where adults slept on the table bed at AoA and they said that they were fine and that the bed was just a little shorter than a normal full size bed. The murphy beds at POR are recommended for children under age 9. I personally think your son should be fine at AoA. If I had thought of it while I was there, I would have tested the table bed. Just from looking at it, it didn't seem small. One other option you have would be a suite at All Star Music. There's a separate bedroom just like at AoA but the beds in the main living area are a pull out sofa and two sleeper chairs. I'm not sure if that would be very comfortable for the person who has to sleep on one of the chairs. Also keep in mind that the pull out sofa at AoA is newer so it should be more comfortable than the older ones at ASM.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

ASMu suite has full size sleep sofa, twin size chair bed and smaller youth size ottoman. I thought the chair was more comfortable than the sleep sofa. We didn't open up the ottoman so I can't comment on that.

I think Nana would find table bed more comfortable than sleep sofa. I think 14yo would be fine on sleep sofa. I haven't stayed at AoA yet but I've read the entire AoA thread and lots of reviews and haven't seen folks complaining about the table bed being small.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #24
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdelight View Post
had a feeling
We have 5 kids and have had connecting rooms probably 15 times over the last 12 years and have never had an issue with this request.

OP, get the two connecting rooms and save yourself a fortune. Also, we HATED the cabins- they were WAY to expensive for what they are and only had one bathroom.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #25
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
We have 5 kids and have had connecting rooms probably 15 times over the last 12 years and have never had an issue with this request.

OP, get the two connecting rooms and save yourself a fortune. Also, we HATED the cabins- they were WAY to expensive for what they are and only had one bathroom.
Out of 5 times asking for connecting rooms we have been denied them 1 time. So while odds are very good you will get them if you ask for them, they are in no way guaranteed.

I'm usually big on having extra bathrooms, but with only 4 people on a trip it shouldn't be that big of a deal. One room with an air mattress is the cheapest way to go.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: