Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #16
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran
 
Herfnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 547

JMHO but I think they should renovate it and update the menu but it may be a poor idea gearing it more towards families - they are somewhat restricted in the physical size of the dining area.

But that being said - we have our rezzies set for 1/23, so we'll see for ourselves how things have changed......
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
Herfnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there
 
BEASLYBOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
JMHO but I think they should renovate it and update the menu but it may be a poor idea gearing it more towards families - they are somewhat restricted in the physical size of the dining area....
I'm the parent of a child who's always eaten what we ate (and yes I know how lucky I am but it was the same in our family, you ate what you got). As a result, we, from the time he was able to chew, have taken him to any/every restaurant with us, no matter the cuisine. We've never requested things that weren't on the menu, and I laugh at this, we chose items from the adult menus. In many countries, there's "a" menu, not a children or adult menu! He eats snails, Brussels sprouts, beets, asparagus. But with that said why should another couple be deprived from eating there and enjoying the "hopefully" new & wonderful menu just because they have picky kids... But is it really the issue of picky kids, or well behaved kids?

We were at Boma's Sat. night 8:50 res. By 9:40 pm, with crying kids on each side & one fast asleep, the conversation was next to nil since I couldn't hear much of anything but that's to be expected at that type of eating venue. I felt sorry for those kids, they needed to be in bed, vacation or no vacation.

It's a dilemma, because adults, even at Disney, should be able to have a few nice, upscale eating venues without having to contend with, and yes I've said it, screaming kids who run around and won't eat what's on the menu, with parents who expect the chefs to whip up a nugget or run across to a QS to get that child a grilled cheese.

Can there be a happy medium, I really wonder.... I won't eat at Le Cellier till 8:30-8:45 because I can't stand the crowds, the noise level We eat at Le Bistro, Blue Zoo, at the same time for the same reasons! The answer can't always be Victoria & Albert s...

Just because it's Disney, does every eating establishment have to be geared to the "family"?
__________________
Summer Aug 2014- Kidani-2bd

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 11-05-2012 at 12:06 PM.
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran
 
Herfnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
I'm the parent of a child who's always eaten what we ate (and yes I know how lucky I am but it was the same in our family, you ate what you got). As a result, we, from the time he was able to chew, have taken him to any/every restaurant with us, no matter the cuisine. We've never requested things that weren't on the menu, and I laugh at this, we chose items from the adult menus. In many countries, there's "a" menu, not a children or adult menu! He eats snails, Brussels sprouts, beets, asparagus. But with that said why should another couple be deprived from eating there and enjoying the "hopefully" new & wonderful menu just because they have picky kids... But is it really the issue of picky kids, or well behaved kids?

It's a dilemma, because adults, even at Disney, should be able to have a few nice, upscale eating venues without having to contend with, and yes I've said it, screaming kids who run around and won't eat what's on the menu, with parents expecting the chefs to whip up a nugget or run across to a QS to get that child a grilled cheese.

Can there be a happy medium, I really wonder.... I won't eat at Le Cellier till 8:30-8:45 because I can't stand the crowds, the noise level We eat at Le Bistro, Blue Zoo, at the same time for the same reasons!
Hopefully it didn't come across that I have a dislike for children - I don't (have three of my own).

Just that BdP is/was small - only 120 seats, and not the most family friendly in size. I don't mind eating with children but to try and gear it more towards families might be a logistical issue. Won't really know until they re-open

But I agree, there should be [I]some[I] restuarants in the parks geared towards couples.......
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
Herfnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there
 
BEASLYBOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 4,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
Hopefully it didn't come across that I have a dislike for children - I don't (have three of my own).
No not at all, in fact your post made me think! I'm sure at times when we entered typical adult eating venues, people thought, "What is she thinking bringing a 5 year old here." But we did it, without tantrum or issue, many, many times, of course it wasn't at 9pm either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
But I agree, there should be [I]some[I] restaurants in the parks geared towards couples.......
I agree, with 98% of eating establishments geared at/for children, surely a couple of restaurants geared to couples/adults, w/ adult menus should be a given, after all Disney isn't just for kids!
__________________
Summer Aug 2014- Kidani-2bd

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.