Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Danny K
DIS Veteran

New French Restaurant above Chefs de France

Does anybody have news on the new french restaurant replacing bistro de paris. Does anybody know the new name or know the new menu? Please update me with more information if you know, and also do you know when it will open again?
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Does anybody have news on the new french restaurant replacing bistro de paris. Does anybody know the new name or know the new menu? Please update me with more information if you know, and also do you know when it will open again?
I think it opens in December, haven't heard any info recently, though.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...lion-at-epcot/

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
sndral
DIS Veteran

Well, I just got an email from Bistro de Paris telling me that the renovations are taking longer than planned and they will not be open by 12/5/12, so they shifted my ADR for that date to Chefs de France, I emailed back saying that wouldn't work, if they respond, I'll let you know.

Update - per the CM on the phone they are opening 12/7, so I switched my ADR to 12/8.

Last edited by sndral; 10-14-2012 at 03:21 PM.
sndral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

Ack... getting nervous! They keep pushing it back. We have an ADR there for the 15th. Guess I better have a plan B. Problem is the online res system won't let me book a plan B without canceling plan A. I don't think we want Les Chefs as our plan B...

Kids' first trip: April 25 - May 2, 2009 Contemporary upgraded to MK view! Surprise trip (shhh! don't tell my kids!): May 29 - June 5, 2010 Beach Club

Universal trip to see WWoHP: February 12 - 16, 2011 Royal Pacific Resort Finally going back!!! December 14 - 21, 2012 Poly
SignMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

bump! Anyone heard anything about what the new menu might include?
Giselle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

If they are opening with a new name and menu, you would think they would know the what the new name & menu will be and promote them by now??? At least the name... Seems weird that they are still booking under the name Bistro De Paris for future dates if the name will be changing. They should also finalize and publicize the menu so those of us with ressies there will know what to expect... yes, I am a planner and would like to scope out the menu before stepping foot in the restaurant if possible .

Kids' first trip: April 25 - May 2, 2009 Contemporary upgraded to MK view! Surprise trip (shhh! don't tell my kids!): May 29 - June 5, 2010 Beach Club

Universal trip to see WWoHP: February 12 - 16, 2011 Royal Pacific Resort Finally going back!!! December 14 - 21, 2012 Poly
Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

I had no idea about this! Adding to our February trip!

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

wow. im pretty excited too see what the place will look like! and a new name to boot? interesting.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp View Post
If they are opening with a new name and menu, you would think they would know the what the new name & menu will be and promote them by now??? At least the name... Seems weird that they are still booking under the name Bistro De Paris for future dates if the name will be changing. They should also finalize and publicize the menu so those of us with ressies there will know what to expect... yes, I am a planner and would like to scope out the menu before stepping foot in the restaurant if possible .
I agree! I don't want to make a ressie and have no clue what I might be eating. Seems most WDW restaurants don't offer a ton of different entree choices, so I'd like to know if they'll have anything I'll be interested in!
Giselle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #10
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp
Ack... getting nervous! They keep pushing it back. We have an ADR there for the 15th. Guess I better have a plan B. Problem is the online res system won't let me book a plan B without canceling plan A. I don't think we want Les Chefs as our plan B...
Just saw this, but you can use a different email to book a Plan B just in case.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Well, I just got an email from Bistro de Paris telling me that the renovations are taking longer than planned and they will not be open by 12/5/12, so they shifted my ADR for that date to Chefs de France, I emailed back saying that wouldn't work, if they respond, I'll let you know.

Update - per the CM on the phone they are opening 12/7, so I switched my ADR to 12/8.
Just checked the online res system and there is no availability showing for Bistro De Paris until 12/10. Does anyone know if this has been pushed back yet again?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp View Post
Just checked the online res system and there is no availability showing for Bistro De Paris until 12/10. Does anyone know if this has been pushed back yet again?
DH made reservations for 12/7 quite a while ago - long before they announced the changes. So far, we haven't gotten an email to reschedule. We're leaving on the Fantasy on the 8th, so it's the 7th or nothing for us.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Made ADR for 1/22 for my wife and I - hope it doesn't change TOO much!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
DH made reservations for 12/7 quite a while ago - long before they announced the changes. So far, we haven't gotten an email to reschedule. We're leaving on the Fantasy on the 8th, so it's the 7th or nothing for us.

Kathy
DH just called WDW Dining, who had the Bistro reopening on 12/10. The cast member then checked and saw a lot of reservations for 12/7-12/9 still sitting there, so she asked someone what was going on. The answer was that they expect to be open by 12/7.

So, I'd keep my fingers crossed, but make backup plans. That's what we'll do.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: