Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohloff08 View Post
I thought maybe we could do a Royal Room at the POR. Does anyone know if those rooms come with a trundle bed?
They do not. Two Queen beds. A family of five at POR is placed in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort, and there are no Royal Rooms in Alligator Bayou. Also, POR did away with the trundle bed during their recent refurb and now have murphy beds in these rooms. It's a small bed that pulls down from a thing in the wall under the TV. Its only suitable for children 10 and under and it's kind of in the middle of the room - not really out of the way like the trundle used to be.

I like the idea of DVC too. I didn't get to read all the replies but the only downsides I see to DVC is that you have to book so far in advance, no daily housekeeping, and you have to trust the renter to book your dining plan if you want that - and you have to pay for it up front when it's booked. If none of those things matter, its the perfect option!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
pegrad1
Earning My Ears

If it helps at all, we originally booked at AOA Mermaid room. A few factors played a part in changing to POR. One, AOA offers two full sized beds, POR two queens. The walk from AOA to the bus is 10-15 minutes, not even close with a Royal room at POR. After spending the entire day on my feet the last thing I want is a long walk from but to room. Also, I didn't want to walk 10-15 minutes to refill a mug for that matter. By the time I would be back to the room I would need a refill! Lastly, and as an adult you will understand this: AOA has no jacuzzi or hot tubs! At the end of my day, I want somewhere to soak my feet & relax! There wasn't a huge difference in cost but overall, I thought these few things were well worth the change.
Good luck in your decision!

pegrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #18
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Not all dedicated two bedroom villas will have two queen beds in the second bedroom and not all lockoff two bedroom villas will have a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. OKW two bedrooms, whether dedicated or lockoff, have two queen beds in the second bedroom. BCV dedicated two bedroom villas may have two queen beds (25 villas) or one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa (all the rest) because some of the dedicated two bedrooms were too small for two queen beds.

BUT all two bedroom villas at BWV and AKV-Jambo House are lockoffs. None are dedicated. So all value two bedroom villas are lockoffs because they are only in Jambo House.
Is it a seperate booking catagory for a lockoff? I was thinking about renting points, but I need to have a lockoff. I would hate to end up getting there and find out I couldn't get a lockoff. Maybe I should stick to BWV or AKV, since all 2BR are lockoff's. My other option is two family suites at AoA.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #19
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry but I'm the opposite viewpoint here. With girls aged 9, 5 and 2, I'd go for the Little Mermaid building. I just stayed there a couple weeks ago. Now we are four... Me (47) and girls 15, 10 and 4. All three girls from the eldest to the youngest were enthralled by the decor. The youngest proclaimed that it was her favorite room... EVER. She's been in Value and Deluxe resorts including AKL but loves this better.

This is the last year that you can actually stay in a value room (not counting suites). You have girls. They will love the Little Mermaid decorations.

If you are comparing AoA LM to a DVC Studio, I say take AoA. If you are comparing to larger DVC's then maybe a split stay getting one day over at AoA. You mentioned that affordability was important. You will not be spending much time awake in the resort. Most of your time will be in the parks or pools.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie View Post
Is it a seperate booking catagory for a lockoff? I was thinking about renting points, but I need to have a lockoff. I would hate to end up getting there and find out I couldn't get a lockoff. Maybe I should stick to BWV or AKV, since all 2BR are lockoff's. My other option is two family suites at AoA.
A lock-off is a booking category at those resorts that have dedicated 2-bedroom units as well as lock-offs. Some resorts, as listed by Deb & Bill, do not have dedicated 2-bedroom units. All of the 2-bedroom units at those resorts would be lock-offs. If you book a lock-off through DVC, that is what you will get.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: