Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #61
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Gulp..We're trying 'Ohanas for dinner in Feb because it's the only place that Mum liked the look of the food (it's her birthday dinner). Hope it'll be good, especially since I'm paying for it!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #62
andrea2289
I Save My Way Back To Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
Gulp..We're trying 'Ohanas for dinner in Feb because it's the only place that Mum liked the look of the food (it's her birthday dinner). Hope it'll be good, especially since I'm paying for it!
Despite our poor experience, I do agree with others advice to go for it. Our goal is to try every restaurant at Disney at least once...despite the reviews
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #63
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahryan View Post
I totally agree. I've been to Ohana's and had an amazing experience, but also have been and had a so-so experience. We still go, but I have learned to do a few things. I request seating that I know I like when checking in, I ask the server to slow down the pace of food being served, and also request meat that is fresher, steak medium rare. The change in pace of the food coming out really changes the experience.
This! We have never had a problem being rushed, given dry over cooked food - we ask for things to slow down (never a problem) med. to rare beef (no problem) seated away from most of the action (usually a window request - no problem) also no dry, hard to peel shrimp. We are from so.LA and do love our shrimp!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #64
DeborahA
DIS Veteran

I agree you should try it out just once. We went just once and really didn't like it enough to go again. Our "cousin" was having an off night and we ended up having 3 servers, for 4 people. Our servers had no interaction with us at all, the food was served so quickly that we barely had time to enjoy before the next dish was being served. We felt rushed and anxious and we have never been back. We do enjoy Kona Cafe and that is usually a spot we frequent.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #65
basketrn
Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I miss the turkey! We go to O'Hana's every visit for dinner. And I have also noticed the service not so great with last visit.

We had a particularly bad experience with our last visit with one server. He insisted that my 3 year old try to eat the meat and food served instead of getting him mac & cheese or chicken nuggets. He told me that he couldn't do this. At first we thought he was joking, but then he never brought my toddler anything. We had never had problems in the past ordering this for him at this particular restaurant, but I think this particular server wanted to get him to at least try the food offered. My son has Sensory Processing disorder and has many food "issues" due to sensory problems. So he literally will only eat certain foods....believe me we have done many months of food therapy. Anyhow..I don't think the server was coming from a mean place, he was just trying to get a toddler to try new foods, but my son didn't eat the entire meal...then when the server realized he wasn't going to eat, he brought him chicken fingers at the end of the meal when we were served dessert. By then my 3 year old was hungry and melt down city so quickly left. At one point during the meal, he did bring out fruit for my toddler to eat, and in trying to get my toddler interested in eating the fruit, he joked around and actually ate a couple grapes off my toddlers plate.

I did contact the management afterwards and they were very responsive to my complaint. And ironically, someone sitting at a table near us heard the whole exchange and saw the server eat some grapes from my son's plate and complained too.

We will be going back again in January...hopefully it will be a better experience.
1986 - Off site, 6/2003 - CSR, 6/2005 - FW, 4/2006 - CBR, 8/2006 - SSR, 10/2006 - BWV, 4/2007 -SSR, 10/2007 - VWL, 4/2008 - SSR, 5/2009 - DCL Wonder & SSR, 10/2009 - SSR, 6/2010 - AKV, 12/2010 - SSR, 3/2011 - AKV/BCV & Dream, 12/2011 - DL, 6/2012 - BCV/Dream/AKV, 1/2013 - SSR, 9/2013 - OKW, 6/2014 - Wonder to Alaska, 10/2014 - AKV, 3/2015 - OKW, 10/12105 - DCL Magic

basketrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #66
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

just a bit curious, we are thinking of Ohana for a breakfast....any thoughts? I guess I am going on what i remember as a child.....really had fun and loved it. That being said, was in the 4th grade the last time I went there and now am married and have 4 Children(one that graduates this year)....so, I now am a bit confused and wonder if I should do this breakfast(6 of us) or just hop over and grab my tonga toast(qs)......any help would be great....thanks

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #67
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids
just a bit curious, we are thinking of Ohana for a breakfast....any thoughts? I guess I am going on what i remember as a child.....really had fun and loved it. That being said, was in the 4th grade the last time I went there and now am married and have 4 Children(one that graduates this year)....so, I now am a bit confused and wonder if I should do this breakfast(6 of us) or just hop over and grab my tonga toast(qs)......any help would be great....thanks
Last time we had ohana for breakfast was 4 years ago when my son was 3. It was a very pleasant experience!!! We loved it sooooo much we made a reservation there again for breakfast here in 3 weeks!! Son is now 7 and now including a daughter who is 3!!!
WellingtonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #68
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Wait a minute! You get leis? And there's a hula lady??? I didn't see either!
May 2011: First Disney Cruise/First Stay at BLT
December 2011: First MVMCP/First WL Stay
September 2013: First Mother/Daughter Trip
April 2014:First Disney Cruise without stop in WDW
December 2014: First Mother/Son Trip

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #69
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
We didn't either. Oh well....

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #70
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Nervous now about our upcoming reservation. We have always wanted to try it though. Hoping it will be a positive experience.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #71
HeadintheClouds
MCO by way of GSP ♥

We went in August and didn't really enjoy it all that much. DBF didn't think it was worth $160+. It was edible, just didn't live up to what we thought -- (or what I thought, since I'm the one looking up reviews and such) it was going to be. I'm planning a trip for next year (August) and will we go back? We haven't decided yet. We do like to give most restaurants a couple of chances before we just completely throw in the towel.
Maybe ours was just an off night.

Past Trips to the World:

july 2001 • august 2011 • august 2012 • august 2013
HeadintheClouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #72
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
Despite our poor experience, I do agree with others advice to go for it. Our goal is to try every restaurant at Disney at least once...despite the reviews
I agree with this. This is my goal too, to try each place at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids View Post
We LOVE Ohana breakfast!!! Its awesome! We love the relaxing beautiful atmosphere. Love that the food is brought to you. Its delish. Characters are adorable. I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
We saw the lady playing the instrument and singing, but i didnt see her do the hula. maybe i wasnt paying attention? As for the lei's, we didnt get any either. oh well. Its not as if that was going to enhance my experience in any way!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: