Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
pacomom
Mouseketeer

Do they have the mahimahi sandwiches at Cookie's or is it just at Serenity Bay?
pacomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #17
Crwfshlady
Earning My Ears

We were on Castaway Cay this past July...and most definitely had rib eye steak & grilled lobster tail at Serenity Bay! It was fabulous!!
Crwfshlady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomom View Post
Do they have the mahimahi sandwiches at Cookie's or is it just at Serenity Bay?
All the food is the same as cookies. With the exception of the steaks. (our experience anyway) Nothing super special.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Never saw mahi mahi sandwiches. The offerings at Serenity Bay do vary a little. I usually see them grilling steaks, but I've also seen grilled lobster and lobster burgers (but not all the time).

I have seen them "run off" families with kids or refuse to serve the kids. I've also seen a family with kids removed from the beach at Serenity Bay. It was very amusing because they were French, and decided to pretend to not speak English (I'd heard them speaking English earlier on the cruise....and I speak enough French to follow what went on). They tried to insist that this was their family vacation, etc. A French speaking CM was called to talk with them, and the entire family was "relocated" to the family beach.

I'm actually quite surprised that the family with 4 kids was served at Serenity--the signs are quite clear and normally they are "re-directed" to a family area.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
Spiny Norman
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Never saw mahi mahi sandwiches. The offerings at Serenity Bay do vary a little. I usually see them grilling steaks, but I've also seen grilled lobster and lobster burgers (but not all the time).

I have seen them "run off" families with kids or refuse to serve the kids. I've also seen a family with kids removed from the beach at Serenity Bay. It was very amusing because they were French, and decided to pretend to not speak English (I'd heard them speaking English earlier on the cruise....and I speak enough French to follow what went on). They tried to insist that this was their family vacation, etc. A French speaking CM was called to talk with them, and the entire family was "relocated" to the family beach.

I'm actually quite surprised that the family with 4 kids was served at Serenity--the signs are quite clear and normally they are "re-directed" to a family area.
We did have the Mahi Mahi last week at serenity bay.
2000 7 night Caribbean, 2001 7 night Caribbean, 2004 7 night Western Caribbean, 2007 Inaugural 14 night Eastbound TransAtlantic, 2007 Inaugural 14 night Westbound TransAtlantic, 2010 14 night Eastbound TransAtlantic, 2010 14 night Westbound TransAtlantic, 2011 4 night Disney Dream Maiden Voyage, 2011 4 night Disney Dream, 2011 6 night Repositioning Los Angeles to Vancouver, 2011 7 night Inaugural Alaska, 2012 15 night Inaugural Hawaii, 2013 14 night Panama Canal...
Spiny Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
missj1975
DIS Veteran

We have been to Serenity Bay three times and never seen lobster, maybe next time.

Also the last time (May 2012) there were kids eating at Serenity Bay and CM's did not ask them to leave, very annoying because DH and I always head straight to Serenity Bay to enjoy a nice afternoon with no kids running around.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiny Norman View Post
We did have the Mahi Mahi last week at serenity bay.
I wasn't denying that it happens--just saying that I've never seen it.

As noted, the offerings at Serenity Bay seem to vary. My logic is that it depends on what is left on the ship. For instance, for us, CC day usually follows lobster night. If lobsters are left, they may show up on Serenity Bay in some form. If they are eaten the night before, I wouldn't look for them!

We never lacked for food. The choices were always what Cookies had + some extras.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

No lobster at Serenity Bay last week. DH said I'd eaten it all the night before. pffft.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
We have been to Serenity Bay three times and never seen lobster, maybe next time.

Also the last time (May 2012) there were kids eating at Serenity Bay and CM's did not ask them to leave, very annoying because DH and I always head straight to Serenity Bay to enjoy a nice afternoon with no kids running around.
They only have lobster on the 7-night or longer cruises.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #25
spgoad
Mouseketeer

Location: In the middle. 1263 miles from WDW, 1337 miles from DLR.

We had lobster at serenity bay on the 2nd visit to CC on our double dip cruise in July. Our server the night before told us to watch for a "surprise" on the menu for that day, so we assumed he meant the lobster. I figured they didn't want to duplicate the menus too much from the 1st to 2nd visits so they added the lobster and some other things to mix it up.
Our Trips: WDW Jan., 2011 - All Star Music; DLR July, 2011 - Desert Inn; DCL June, 2012 - Dream to Bahamas; WDW Mar., 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; DCL June, 2013 - Wonder to Alaska; DLR Dec., 2013 - Castle Inn; DCL June, 2014 - Fantasy Eastern Caribbean;
spgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #26
tonyat18
Earning My Ears

We were on the 5 night double dip and had Ribeye steaks and Lobster tails. It was one of the best meals we had.
tonyat18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: