Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
xera12
Mouseketeer

AOA booking?

We are planning on going in October and booking in April. we need a family suite at AOA, will that be enough time? i dont want to tell 2 extra people they can come if we wont be able to do it. AOA is the only resort we can afford for 6 people they we would consider. i guess we could go for ASM, but that seem REALLY kid-sy and we wont be traveling with any kids. any thoughts? i am bringing this suggesting up in a few days to the core group of 4, so the sooner your thoughts the better

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to mention that I wouldn't recommend the bedding in living room for adults. It really was designed for kids. Two standard rooms may actually be cheaper.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutolovr View Post
I just wanted to mention that I wouldn't recommend the bedding in living room for adults. It really was designed for kids. Two standard rooms may actually be cheaper.
I agree. Two adults will be particularly uncomfortable on the table bed at AoA. Two standard rooms at a value would probably be cheaper and more comfortable. You could still stay at AoA - you would just want to book two LM rooms. If you go this route and AoA is where you want to stay, I would book two LM rooms sooner rather than later as they are really popular. If you don't really care about which value you stay at, April would most likely be fine to book 2 rooms at Pop or one of the All Star resorts.

You may also want to look into 2 rooms at a mod - the price will initially be a little higher than an AoA suite, however, chances are a discount will come out for your travel dates.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
xera12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor

I agree. Two adults will be particularly uncomfortable on the table bed at AoA. Two standard rooms at a value would probably be cheaper and more comfortable. You could still stay at AoA - you would just want to book two LM rooms.
How do i go about checking the price of two rooms online? It only lets me do suites if i put 6 adults. Do i have to do the price for 4 and then 2 as seperate bookings?

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xera12 View Post
How do i go about checking the price of two rooms online? It only lets me do suites if i put 6 adults. Do i have to do the price for 4 and then 2 as seperate bookings?
Yes, you would check the price by looking at two different quotes.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

I don't know anything about the practicality / comfort of AOA for 6 adults, but I just wanted to let you know you should be fine booking in April. We are going next week, and didn't book until August and didn't have a problem getting a family suite at AoA. Also, when you book you only have to pay $200 which is fully refundable IIRC so even if you book early you can always change / cancel. I will say when I booked the family suite I asked about the LM rooms and there weren't any available so if you decide to go that route you probably want to book ASAP.
PrincessMommy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We stayed at AoA in September in a LK suite and DH and I slept just fine on the table bed a few nights...and we sleep in a King at home and are pretty picky about beds!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: