Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

I'm originally a Jerseyer too lol. Of course my vote is for Jersey pizza, northern NJ to be exact. I'll give you NYC pizza too.

Living in the Columbus area, we are familiar with Tommy's pizza and I can tell you Boardwalk pizza doesn't even begin to compare. It fits the bill when you're hungry and pizza will satisfy. Following Via Napoli pizza, which we like the best, the best pizza we had was my DD's at California Grill. Some of the restaurants at the resorts, both TS and CS have flatbreads that are pretty good.
If you're looking for generic pizza, we found the whole pizzas when ordered hot and fresh at the resorts (not the individual pizzas) are decent. Boardwalk pizza seems to be different than these, something about the dough/crust and cheese is different.

Ok, sorry about the pizza discussion! I can talk pizza for days. Where's the smilie for pizza lady?

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCortWort View Post
Here's another curious about the food question for you guys. Has anyone ate here? It looked good when we passed by a few weeks ago. And yes my family loves pizza, seems like to be my posts lately.
It's fine, I'd sure rate it higher than the famous 'good-enough' category. Is it better than your home town pizza? How does it compare to the best east/west/some/coast or wherever pizza? Who knows? but if you're hungry and walk by, I'd sure suggest trying a slice.

Hope you have a good time, TwoCortWort!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Just an update we ate here today while we were at Epcot and we loved it!! I personally think I found my new favorite pizza spot at Disney.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Eh. The pizza isn't very good. It's great to grab if you are hungry but can't see planning a visit around it.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
minniebeth

Quote:
Just an update we ate here today while we were at Epcot and we loved it!! I personally think I found my new favorite pizza spot at Disney.
Glad you tried it and liked it! If you go back, try the fried ravioli from Boardwalk Joe's to go across from BW Pizza, they're yummy.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

I've never been, but I might try some when we stay at BWI in Feb. That being said, I am also from Jersey and I'm used to NJ Boardwalk pizzas here at the shore. (ENORMOUS slices). I don't really expect the pizza at Disney to be what I'm used to but I know several people who say it is somewhat decent.
twinklestar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #22
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I'm originally a Jerseyer too lol. Of course my vote is for Jersey pizza, northern NJ to be exact. I'll give you NYC pizza too.

Living in the Columbus area, we are familiar with Tommy's pizza and I can tell you Boardwalk pizza doesn't even begin to compare. It fits the bill when you're hungry and pizza will satisfy. Following Via Napoli pizza, which we like the best, the best pizza we had was my DD's at California Grill. Some of the restaurants at the resorts, both TS and CS have flatbreads that are pretty good.
If you're looking for generic pizza, we found the whole pizzas when ordered hot and fresh at the resorts (not the individual pizzas) are decent. Boardwalk pizza seems to be different than these, something about the dough/crust and cheese is different.

Ok, sorry about the pizza discussion! I can talk pizza for days. Where's the smilie for pizza lady?
Oh man, Tommy's Pizza! When I was a kid, I used to love drinking the grease out of the pepperoni.

As far as the Boardwalk pizza window, I had an absurd experience two years ago. They ran out of pizza. People had to wait 15 minutes for them to make more pizza. Uhhh....all you sell is pizza, just keep making it. What's so hard to about that?
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good for you!, and glad you weren't swayed from trying it by those who 'know' good pizza.

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

I will say it is no Tommy's Pizza, but my dad who is super picky about pizza enjoyed it and so that says a lot. I recommend it, I would get the whole pizza and not by the slice if more than one person is in your party. We ate the whole thing minus one slice. There were three of us in our party.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #25
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Better than say Pizza Planet but not as good as VN. We have never ordered a whole pie. Sometimes it has been better than others?!
I actually like it a lot better than VN's.. plus VN's pizza is so expensive (I think that's why a lot of people say it's so gareat)
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #26
minniebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklestar22
I've never been, but I might try some when we stay at BWI in Feb. That being said, I am also from Jersey and I'm used to NJ Boardwalk pizzas here at the shore. (ENORMOUS slices). I don't really expect the pizza at Disney to be what I'm used to but I know several people who say it is somewhat decent.
Yeah... Not to say you won't like BW pizza, just don't expect it to be anything like Jersey boardwalk pizza.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #27
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Well, I just returned from a BWV stay on Friday. When I stay in the villas, I like to buy a whole pie - I can get four or five meals out of a whole pie and it makes it very reasonable. The crust is medium thick and not crispy, a medium amount of sauce (not very spicy or herb laden sauce) and a lot of toppings (sometimes a little too much, if you know what I mean).

They only serve three kinds of pizza - cheese, pepperoni and cheese, or veggie. They had changed the veggie option when I went this time - it was a roasted garlic, spinach, and mushroom pizza. It was delicious (well, if you like garlic anyway )! I find the cheese and the pepperoni pizzas to be a little bland there, but this new "Boardwalk Signature Pizza" was great.

I miss the days when you could order whatever you wanted on your pizza - I used to get pepperoni, sausage, and onion, which was good. But this new veggie was even better.

I'm not saying it beats my local pizzaria, but it's a good pie.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #28
Cleocat
Mouseketeer

I think what everyone is failing to say is how it's made. I agree being from Jersey it's not great pizza. But keep in mind that BW's version is a very thin crust pizza which makes it very different from most traditional pizzas and it has a more crunchy crust and it's not as 'doughy' as others. It's good if your looking for something different you can bring back to your room or a quiet area along the boardwalk to catch a meal.
Cleocat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: