Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
seaprincess
Mouseketeer

Has anyone stayed in Stateroom 8590 on the Dream/Fantasy?

Hi, getting excited about my cruise on the Disney Fantasy and was curious if you could share your thoughts on the cabin? It is a HA stateroom and was hoping someone might have pictures or can comment about the layout of the room?

Thanks so much!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Hi1 I saw you were looking for info on Stateroom 8590. We have stayed in 8090 and 8092 on the Dream. Both worked very well for our family - 2 adults and twin boys who were aged 12, then 13 on our cruises. One of our sons as cerebral palsy and was using his walker and/or wheelchair. I know I posted some pics of 8090 and will try to find the thread, but in the meantime, here's another link with some pics, some answers and other links that will get you started. Feel free to ask specific questions as well.

I'm not usually on the DIS very often, but happened to look today, so I will check in the next several days to be sure you get the info you need.

Here's the link:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....highlight=8090

There are several sleeping possibilities: queen bed, bed from ceiling, pull down murphy bed, plus the sofa also converts to a single. Without the murphy pulled down, there is lots of turnaround room.

Hope this helps!
twinmum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

O
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
Hi, getting excited about my cruise on the Disney Fantasy and was curious if you could share your thoughts on the cabin? It is a HA stateroom and was hoping someone might have pictures or can comment about the layout of the room?

Thanks so much!!
We stayed in 8590 on the Dream. Plenty of room for my mother's scooter and wheelchair.
Queen bed, Murphy bed, pulldown ceiling bed, and sofa bed. Sofa is near the sliding glass door, bed near the bathroom.
It is a great room!
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
seaprincess
Mouseketeer

Hi Twinmum and Minnie,

Thank you so much for your responses. I had a chance to view the photos and I thank you so very much for sending the link to me. I wanted to ask either one of you if there is a full length mirror anywhere in the cabin? It's easier for me to get ready in front of because I can't stand for long periods of time but can move my chair to sit in front of the mirror. I remember there being one on the Magic and Wonder but couldn't see in the photos.

Also did you find the cabin to be noisy since it is near the elevators?

Have a great evening and thanks again!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaprincess View Post
Hi Twinmum and Minnie,

Thank you so much for your responses. I had a chance to view the photos and I thank you so very much for sending the link to me. I wanted to ask either one of you if there is a full length mirror anywhere in the cabin? It's easier for me to get ready in front of because I can't stand for long periods of time but can move my chair to sit in front of the mirror. I remember there being one on the Magic and Wonder but couldn't see in the photos.

Also did you find the cabin to be noisy since it is near the elevators?

Have a great evening and thanks again!
Hello! Glad the info helped. There is a full length mirror on the inside of the door to the bathroom. Also, we never had any problem with noise - the cabin is tucked around, close to the elevators but not right outside them. Just the usual exuberant passengers at times - and I don't necessarily mean little kiddies! We did find that having a doorbell invited a few "ring and run" incidents, but never at any really inconvenient times - annoying but not that big a bother. We also found that people would try to peek in a bit when the automatic door was in use, got used to hearing "Mom, why is their room so big?" and "Wow! Is that a suite?"
twinmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
seaprincess
Mouseketeer

Dear Twinmum,

You made my evening! So happy to hear there is a mirror i can use on the bathroom door. It helps a lot and now I don't have to worry about having one sent to the ship.

So glad that it's not a noisy cabin although those "exhuberant passengers" you speak of might be a bit tough to take!! I figured there would be the temptation with the doorbell but that's harmless fun.

I can't wait to sail on the Fantasy...what a dream come true (pardon the pun)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: