Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #1471
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Here is the list of ladies who I have received checks from so far.
You should get mine either tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on the "efficiency" of the USPS.... LOL

Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #1472
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

I had one of those "oh, DUH!" moments today. I was on the Disney site, getting ready to pre-purchase my photopass. Transferred the money from my savings to checking and was in the check out screen when I saw a little spot for paying with a Disney GIFT CARD. Hold the phone! Right now Safeway is giving 4x gas reward points for gift card purchases. Right now I have double gas points loaded on my club card. So every time I get 100 points, I get a 20¢ per gallon discount. Which is 20 cents off for every $25 card I buy right now. SWEET! so, let's see - go to Safeway, buy a $100 gift card, get 400 points and get EIGHTY CENTS a gallon off my next fill up. Yes, please. LOL That's a $10 savings!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #1473
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!! I am so tired. I can't believe it's barely going on 7:00. I am ready for bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Now that sounds like some fun times!!!
It does! I remember when everyone came out here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Happy Sunday Divas!

I'm celebrating. I had my last chemo last week and looking forward to getting back to normal. The drugs I was getting cause cold neuropathy, and I haven't been able to eat ice cream for months. I haven't been able to drink alcohol either, and won't for another three months, but I missed the ice cream more! Plus, I'm three weeks and 2 days from my trip to WDW with free dining. Have a great day everyone.
That's awesome, Cindy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
I haven't been by here much over the last couple of weeks, but I've been all over FB. It has been a bit busy. We're moving into our new apartment next Saturday, finally! I've been testing for all sorts of government jobs, the most recent with child support on Thursday, I'm pretty sure I aced it, but I won't find out until next week. In 2 weeks we go down to empty our storage, and I've sold almost everything that we can't bring with us.

Oh, and I got tickets to Wicked at the Paramount theater for next Sunday!!! We are SO EXCITED.
Good luck with the job search and enjoy Wicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I would like to celebrate with you!!! Congrats on your last chemo treatment!!! I'm now over 12 years cancer free. Enjoy your ice cream ... and I'll have some in your honor!
Linda, that's great you've been cancer free for so long! Definitely something to celebrate.

Quote:

One of our other Divas, Sameyam/Alison has been cancer free for some time too.

You ladies all deserve to celebrate and eat ice-cream all day long!
Yes, she has. And, I agree. Ice cream all day! lol

Quote:

Thank you so much!
Melody
Thanks for handling this, Mel!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #1474
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Hey, howdy hey, ladies!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #1475
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Mel thanks so much for letting us know about the checks. Can't WAIT to see the finish product and proudly wear it in March. All my cheer friends are going to be so jealous!!

Katie congrats on the engagement!!

Cindy that is awesome about the chemo. Hope you are back to eating and drinking everything real soon!!

We had a VERY busy but exciting weekend. Katy's cheer team had a comp on Saturday and it was a painfully LONG day but every team from mascots to midgets took 1st place. I heard a LOT of grumbling from some of the other teams which I thought was lame but what a great feeling. Esp for our team who had a LOT of issues this year and they were the ONLY ones who didn't get first at our great america comp. So I am SOOO happy and proud of them. They get a month or so off and then start in hot and heavy with comp practice culminating in Nationals at Disney during the diva trip. Can't wait!!!!

Katy also ran her 2nd 5k this weekend and it about killed her lol. It was up at Apple Hill and it is very steep roads and they not only started running up about a 45% incline but had several more really steep runs along the course and it ended uphill. I am SO proud of her for doing it!

Today I am making my last few reservations for our trip in Dec. Getting super excited!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #1476
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies!

Hi Jessica!! Good to see you here.

Kelly, sounds like Katy did awesome in her run. Good for her!

For those of you interested, sign-ups begin today for our annual DIS Divas' Christmas Stocking Exchange!! You can find the info here in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017586

Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #1477
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Allo. I'm trying to stop by when I can. And Vanessa has been giving me reminders and telling me I must do the stocking exchange this time around, lol. I think she brings it up anytime we work together, lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #1478
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Hey hey.....what a past week or so I've had. Halloween, work, being sick, having a friend pass in his sleep at the age of 35. I've been a bit overwhelmed lately so I haven't been popping in so much. Hope everyone is doing well.

Melody, I forgot to drop the check in the mail this morning so it will go out tomorrow...I'm sorry, I meant to do it Saturday but Garrett's memorial was Saturday and it was 2 hours away so I got up and got ready for that right away. It was a beautiful service with lots of baseball themed flowers, he would have been happy.

Not teaching tonight, been fighting a cold so I didn't schedule any lessons until this Friday night, luckily it seems the cold is going away finally. I took Monday & Tuesday off last week, the boss left early Wednesday for a dr appt, came in late Thursday because he needed to get blood work done and called in sick Friday and today....I've been working like crazy since Wednesday of last week. I want to go to Target, Wal-Mart and the Spirit stores tonight, although I think the Spirit stores may be closed now, gotta see what's left for Halloween goodies.

I want to go to DL next month.....I need to see how I can make that happen! LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 11-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #1479
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Kerri so sorry things have been nuts and esp about your friend how sad! My prayers to his family and you!!

I know what you mean about craziness. WE have been going non-stop for months between track, swim and cheer and we FINALLY are getting a break for a month or so and I am SO looking forward to it.

Beth thanks about Katy. She was dissapointed in herself because it took her 9 more mins to do this race than the one on 9/11 and I told her that she should be VERY proud cuz that was a flat course and this one was super steep so of course it took longer. Plus since she broke her hand she has been out of pe so I thought she did awesome.

Gosh now that Thanksgiving is a few weeks away time is really going to fly and soon it will be time for our trip and then right around the corner it will be the diva trip! SO excited!!!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #1480
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Allo. I'm trying to stop by when I can. And Vanessa has been giving me reminders and telling me I must do the stocking exchange this time around, lol. I think she brings it up anytime we work together, lol.
Hey Jess! Nice to see you in here. You definitely should sign up for the exchange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Hey hey.....what a past week or so I've had. Halloween, work, being sick, having a friend pass in his sleep at the age of 35. I've been a bit overwhelmed lately so I haven't been popping in so much. Hope everyone is doing well.

Melody, I forgot to drop the check in the mail this morning so it will go out tomorrow...I'm sorry, I meant to do it Saturday but Garrett's memorial was Saturday and it was 2 hours away so I got up and got ready for that right away. It was a beautiful service with lots of baseball themed flowers, he would have been happy.

Not teaching tonight, been fighting a cold so I didn't schedule any lessons until this Friday night, luckily it seems the cold is going away finally. I took Monday & Tuesday off last week, the boss left early Wednesday for a dr appt, came in late Thursday because he needed to get blood work done and called in sick Friday and today....I've been working like crazy since Wednesday of last week. I want to go to Target, Wal-Mart and the Spirit stores tonight, although I think the Spirit stores may be closed now, gotta see what's left for Halloween goodies.

I want to go to DL next month.....I need to see how I can make that happen! LOL
So sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad. Glad to hear the memorial was nice.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1481
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hey Jess! Good to see you!

Here are some more ladies who I received checks from yesterday.

Pam K.
Lisa D.
Laurie E.
SarahMay
Heather S.
Bridget R.
Jodi N.

Thank you so much!

Still trying to contact Patty, Rose Taylor, Kit Adams and Karisa to make sure they have seen my messages.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #1482
mommaU4

Good morning, ladies!!

It's November 6!! No, I'm not excited about the election... lol But, in one month Ruben and I will be on our way to Washington. I'm happy and nervous. Happy, because obviously I'm going on vacation. One that I've wanted to take for many years. But nervous because of the plane. Ugh.
Whatever. I'm trying not to think about it. It's stupid, I know. What can I say... I'm a dork!

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
LOL Got your sign up!

Quote:
Hey, Kerri. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. That's so young. Very sad.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #1483
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
We'll have to try and meet up at WDW for a quickie Diva photo. LOL
Definitely! I think we're tentatively planning to be at Disney Studios on the same day. I'll PM you my number and you can text me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning, ladies!!

But, in one month Ruben and I will be on our way to Washington. I'm happy and nervous. Happy, because obviously I'm going on vacation. One that I've wanted to take for many years. But nervous because of the plane. Ugh.
Whatever. I'm trying not to think about it. It's stupid, I know. What can I say... I'm a dork!
I'm lucky enough to have no fear of flying, but I travel a lot with my uncle and he used to have to sit in the bar and get "really happy" before he could get on a plane - and then sleep the whole way! He's better now, so it eventually goes away. Doesn't help for this time, I know. Maybe treat yourself to something special for hopping on that plane - a Disney book or torrid romance you've been wanting to read???
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #1484
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I would like to celebrate with you!!! Congrats on your last chemo treatment!!! I'm now over 12 years cancer free. Enjoy your ice cream ... and I'll have some in your honor!
Quote:
Linda, that is wonderful news about being cancer free for 12 years. So encouraging!

One of our other Divas, Sameyam/Alison has been cancer free for some time too.

You ladies all deserve to celebrate and eat ice-cream all day long!
Thank you for the encouragement. It always makes me feelwhen I hear about long-term cancer survivors.

And I am personally trying to save the ice cream industry from the economy!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #1485
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so sorry about your friend.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: