|11-04-2012, 04:19 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Practical little tips on POR Royal Rooms
We all know that the POR Royal Rooms are beautiful, but I am a practical sort. I wanted to pass along a couple of little tips about the rooms that discovered on our trip last week....they are just silly little things, but I hope they help.
- The bedspreads are HEAVY. Seriously, I felt for housekeeping having to wrestle those puppies around all the time. They are so heavy that you might need extra hands if you want to fold them up and put them aside.
- The outlet plates are a fancy gold with a scroll decoration. They stick out from the wall a bit more than normal, and we found that the plug on DD's phone charger (Samsung) was too wide for them. There are plenty of outlets, though...a plug on the wall behind the little table, two on the bedside table, an outlet on the far side of the second bed, and an outlet by the sink.
- They must use the energy-efficient bulbs, because the bathroom light was really dim at first. You had to let it warm up a bit to get fully bright.
- We had no trouble unpacking and storing clothes for three people. We each took a drawer under the TV, and then stored stuff on the shelf under the sink and on the one above the clothes rod. The shelf under the sink is really deep and you can store a lot there.
- The safe was surprisingly roomy. We kept two iPads, an iPhone, an iPod Touch and DD's basic cell phone in there with no problem.
- The fridge is considerably smaller than the cubby it is stored in. if you have dry foods like chips, granola bars, poptarts, etc, you could probably scoot the fridge all the way to one side and have storage space for them in the space that's left.
- the Fridge didn't feel very cold at first, but it kept our drinks really cold.
- I have read some people commenting that the new beds seem harder than the old ones. I don't remember how the old beds were, but the new queen beds are quite firm. We sleep with a memory foam topper at home, and these beds felt really hard to us.
- There is a "box" around the TV on the dresser (maybe someone can post a photo). Be aware that there is a small gap between the box and the dresser top. It's about 4 inches wide on each side of the TV and goes all the way back to the back of the dresser, so it would be possible to accidentally slide a KTTW card in there and not know it is there.
- the toiletries are H2O in the Blushing Orange scent. The shampoo and conditioner are in the little bottles with the tip-back Mickey ears - very cute. The bottles are the squeezable ones (yay!). There is no shower gel, just bar soap.
We loved the room, and DD really enjoyed the fireworks on the beds. It did take us a couple of days to stop trying to move the letter from Tiana off the table!
Me , DH , DD (14)
MK 1973, Epcot 1991 with DH
First magical trip with DD June '07
Disney Cruise on the WONDER March '08
WONDER cruise to Alaska June '11
Awesome trip to WDW October 2012 MNSSHP
Sailed the Eastern on the Fantasy 10/19/13
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|