Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #1546
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmom View Post
It won't be long now till our 3rd trip to WL. Anyone know if they have any new resort-specific merchandise there now? I read that many of the resorts are bringing back resort-specific items and wondered if WL had followed suit. I've never really looked for it before, but thought I would buy something this time if they have it.
When we were there in July, they had lots of t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, shot glasses, etc...a nice little selection of WL items.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 11-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #1547
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 396

Only 28 days for us! We check in on Dec 1--party only trip, leaving the 3rd Have such big plans for enjoying resort time--pool (fc) Chip & Dale's sing-a-long, seeing the decor at FW and GF!

My favorite resort specific merchandise is the notepads we get. Every time I make a shopping list, I relive a moment of vacation!
2girlsR2good is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #1548
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Thank you - the Christmas picture is great! I know I will be so happy, it was just a bummer to finally decide on a resort after all that planing then have to change it. It was either that or have my aunt not come though and I didn't want that to happen- my kids adore her!

Last time we were at WL was about 3 1/2 years ago. My kids still talk about it and all have their favorite parts - the boat, rubbing the bear's nose, the beaver heads in the elevators (my son was only about 3 or 4 - he was obsessed with the beaver heads, we still joke about it!) They think we can't stay there again because we have 5 people in the family. Last time we put my daughter's name on my mom's reservation, they won't know she is coming so they won't realize it is a choice to stay there again.

I love the idea of going over to FW - I have seen some of those pictures and they look amazing. The only problem will be fitting it all in. We are going up Friday night and come home Monday afternoon!
I love the brass beavers in the elevator, too - wonderful touch. Your kids are going to have a wonderful visit



Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrmn View Post
Thanks
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCanyon View Post
Any thoughts on comparing viewing Magic Kingdom NYE fireworks from Wilderness Lodge, compared to the Polynesian?
Welcome! I added some thoughts on the subject below in my response to Scanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking in tomorrow!!!! Hoping to get our request for high floor-inner courtyard!! Can't wait to be be staying there for the 10th time since year 2000!! Of course it does help having a seasonal CM discount
Did you get your request? Hope you're having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
We were in room 7052 at the WL this past summer and we were in a theme park view room at the Polynesian in 2010. Although you can see the fireworks over the tops of the trees at the WL, it is nothing like watching them from a TPV room at the Polynesian. On our honeymoon, we were able to sit on our balcony at the Grand Floridian and watch the 4th of July fireworks. THAT was spectacular.
Thanks for posting your experience. I'll just add that the monorail resorts have the best Wishes views and the Poly and CR's club levels have the best club level views. So even if you have a CR Bay Lake View or a Poly Garden View, if you're staying club level, the MKV from the lounge is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarn3md View Post
We are winding down from our first day here! Got here on time, arrived at WL and its as spectacular as ever! We got room 7051, so I guess I kind of got my request. Was hoping for one of the rare rooms that faces Bay Lake but at least we are further down the courtyard! Magic Kingdom was a medium crowd today and we went to Downtown Disney tonight. Off to bed, been up since 3:30am!
Anyone have any questions let me know!! We are here till Wednesday....
Debbie

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for checking in with us. Did you watch the EWP last night? Where are you off to today? Any ADRs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonR View Post
3 weeks till we arrive!!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets McGee View Post
Only 6 more sleeps and we'll be checking in to the Wilderness Lodge!! Oh happy day!!!
It won't be long now - time to get packin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmom View Post
It won't be long now till our 3rd trip to WL. Anyone know if they have any new resort-specific merchandise there now? I read that many of the resorts are bringing back resort-specific items and wondered if WL had followed suit. I've never really looked for it before, but thought I would buy something this time if they have it.
WL has always had a pretty good supply of RBM (Resort Branded Merchandise). On the first page, I have photos of all the RBM from August. Word of advice: If you see something you like, don't assume it'll be there on your next visit. In fact, if it's on clearance, it may not be there the next day. The RBM changes often, so best to buy it as soon as the mood strikes you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Only 28 days for us! We check in on Dec 1--party only trip, leaving the 3rd Have such big plans for enjoying resort time--pool (fc) Chip & Dale's sing-a-long, seeing the decor at FW and GF!

My favorite resort specific merchandise is the notepads we get. Every time I make a shopping list, I relive a moment of vacation!
That's a great idea. I also like the keychains that I can carry everyday and the zippered sweat jacket that I wear around the house when it's chilly.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 11-04-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Photo edit wasn't appearing
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #1549
ejrj
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 596

Hi All. Just doing some itinerary planning and have a question. On our first MK day we have an 8am reservation at Crystal Palace. It looks like MK will being opening at 9 am that day. I had planned on using the boat for all our MK travels as we have a double stroller that will be a bit of a pain on the buses. Looking at details now though, it appears that the MK boat doesn't start running until 1/2 before opening? So am I correct that this leaves me with the bus or the Contemporary boat? We have our car but that seems silly to then have to take Ferry from TTC. And of the bus vs Contemporary boat/monorail, the bus would be a much quicker journey, right?
__________________
ejrj is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #1550
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Hi All. Just doing some itinerary planning and have a question. On our first MK day we have an 8am reservation at Crystal Palace. It looks like MK will being opening at 9 am that day. I had planned on using the boat for all our MK travels as we have a double stroller that will be a bit of a pain on the buses. Looking at details now though, it appears that the MK boat doesn't start running until 1/2 before opening? So am I correct that this leaves me with the bus or the Contemporary boat? We have our car but that seems silly to then have to take Ferry from TTC. And of the bus vs Contemporary boat/monorail, the bus would be a much quicker journey, right?
Welcome! Just take the Blue Flag boat to the CR. From there, you can easily walk to the MK in about 10 minutes. The bus wouldn't be operating in time to get you to an 0800 MK ADR (0750 check-in), if it's not opening until 0900 since the buses start operating one hour prior to park opening.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #1551
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Hi All. Just doing some itinerary planning and have a question. On our first MK day we have an 8am reservation at Crystal Palace. It looks like MK will being opening at 9 am that day. I had planned on using the boat for all our MK travels as we have a double stroller that will be a bit of a pain on the buses. Looking at details now though, it appears that the MK boat doesn't start running until 1/2 before opening? So am I correct that this leaves me with the bus or the Contemporary boat? We have our car but that seems silly to then have to take Ferry from TTC. And of the bus vs Contemporary boat/monorail, the bus would be a much quicker journey, right?
Absolutely. The bus is much quicker than boating to CR and taking the monorail.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #1552
ejrj
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 596

Ok, so based on both your answers, bus would normally be quicker than boat but bus won't be operating so take the CR boat and then walk.

And what time do you think we should be down at the dock?

THank you!
__________________
ejrj is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #1553
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Ok, so based on both your answers, bus would normally be quicker than boat but bus won't be operating so take the CR boat and then walk.

And what time do you think we should be down at the dock?

THank you!
That's correct. I'd leave your room NLT 0700 or plan on being at the dock then. (I always like to be early though.)
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #1554
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
That's correct. I'd leave your room NLT 0700 or plan on being at the dock then. (I always like to be early though.)
Just for future reference....the buses don't run for early ADRs at WL?? Glad we didn't have any!

We are used to the values that have the early buses that are just for ADRs, lol!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #1555
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just for future reference....the buses don't run for early ADRs at WL?? Glad we didn't have any!

We are used to the values that have the early buses that are just for ADRs, lol!
I was under the impression that the buses start running one hour prior to park opening - perhaps because there is the Blue Flag boat at WL. Hopefully, someone will post if they've taken a WL bus to a park earlier than that.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #1556
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I was under the impression that the buses start running one hour prior to park opening - perhaps because there is the Blue Flag boat at WL. Hopefully, someone will post if they've taken a WL bus to a park earlier than that.
Hmmm....now I'm curious....off to research....
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #1557
ejrj
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 596

Mousemommy1, be sure to report back with your findings!

Until then I will plan to be at the docks at 7.

Thank you both!
__________________
ejrj is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #1558
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Well, now I'm curious. What time does the boat to the CR start? (it's provably on page 1, but I thought I would ask )
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #1559
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Well, now I'm curious. What time does the boat to the CR start? (it's provably on page 1, but I thought I would ask )
The Blue Flag boat starts running at 0655 from the CR and around 0645 from WL.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #1560
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrj View Post
Mousemommy1, be sure to report back with your findings!

Until then I will plan to be at the docks at 7.

Thank you both!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Well, now I'm curious. What time does the boat to the CR start? (it's provably on page 1, but I thought I would ask )
From the information I have gleaned and in my experience, the buses always start running at 6:30 am. This is specifically due to early park ADRs.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DD or DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: