Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #31
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

I agree that it wouldn't hurt to ask, but I think that IF they allow an child 3 or up in the nursery (assuming on PT or developmental issues) they should explain to the parent that they will be paged to pick up the child if the nursery fills up. I will have two kids nursery age when we sail (almost 3 and 17 months) and I would be pretty annoyed if there was no space due to kids who really shouldn't be there. But, on the flip side, my son is super active and will be 2 months shy of 3. I have no idea if he will be PT by then but I am a bit worried about him being bored. He is all boy and tall for his age. Should be interesting...
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #32
carlat78
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

I think there needs to be age clarification.

I'm reading " for children 12 weeks to 3 years old" on their website to mean they go *up to* 3 years old. So your new (at the time of the cruise) 4 year old will actually be one YEAR too old, not one DAY.

Since the Club age starts at 3, it really seems the nursery is for kids up to 2 years 364 days old, and isn't inclusive of actual 3 year olds.
This is in fact VERY TRUE!! I sailed with my 3yr old 1 wk after she turned 3 last nov 2011 on the Wonder (which was not full of travellers) and I COULD NOT put her in the nursery. She was "slightly" potty trained so i just put her in the clun and made I checked on her a lot! I also sailed in Apr 2012 but by then she was an OC pro. I asked the nursery when I got on board and they explained it as the post above up too 3..not past 3.

My opinion, unless you plan on homeschooling your child, it would be great to introduce her to more social environments now. Just do it for 2 hrs a day, she might surprise you! They are great and characters stop by which is also awesome
carlat78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: