Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
3PRINCESSMOM
Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a PRINCE

CS meals like Starring Rolls

I am wondering if any of the other bakery-type establishments have a CS meal deal similar to Starring rolls, where you get a drink and sandwich-type "entree" then choose from the wonderful dessert selection Specifically wondering about Main Street Bakery and Boulangerie Patisserie (France). I believe this kind of meal is confirmed at the bakery in Norway.

I wanted to add that I am interested in knowing about Boardwalk Bakery, as well?

Last edited by 3PRINCESSMOM; 11-03-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Additional question
3PRINCESSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Quin
DIS Veteran

Definitely the Patisserie in France; also the CS location in Norway. In fact, at Norway the 'chef's special' 1 CS meal generally includes a sandwich, a soup or salad, a beverage, and a choice from their bakery case. Quite a good deal!

Many resort CS locations also offer this kind of option. It's especially attractive now that the Deluxe resorts all seem to be offering their own unique cupcakes, too - it's not just the Boardwalk Bakery.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
3PRINCESSMOM
Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a PRINCE

So happy to know this now...

the desserts are "bad" but at least the sandwiches aren't deep fried, right? (Please appease my guilt)
Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Sunshine Seasons in The Land also offers this sort of CS meal where you pick a sandwich, potato salad or chips, a dessert from the bakery case and a beverage. Love Sunshine Seasons!! No burgers or fries in sight!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
THEJOEL
Excited & Overwhelmed

Last year at Boulangerie Patisserie I got a cheese plate(which came with bread included.), a napoleon (It was HUGE BTW) and a bottle of water for 1 CS. My DW and I shared it and it paired well with the French leg of the Wine Walk.
From what I understand you can get 1 savory item, 1 dessert and a drink for a CS.
THEJOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PRINCESSMOM View Post
the desserts are "bad" but at least the sandwiches aren't deep fried, right? (Please appease my guilt)
No deep fried sandwiches... just a basic turkey or ham... but they are very good. They also have sushi too. ( 3 choices maybe? we get the California roll and it is very good.)

the QS at some of the resorts includes a bakery item too. ( POR and Contemp does.)
Old 11-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
TBdisneyMC
Mouseketeer

The menu for Main St Bakery listed on AllEars.net says that a Breakfast CS meal includes a pastry/bagel, fruit, and a drink, but it doesn't mention anything about lunch/dinner CS meals even though there are sandwiches on the menu. Not sure if it's possible.
.......~ šoš ~ Aug '06 - CSR ~ šoš ~ May '09 - POR ~ šoš ~ Aug '10 - POR ~ šoš ~ Mar '11 - POR ~ šoš ~
~ Aug '11 - POR/BWI (Our wedding) ~ šoš ~ Nov '11 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '12 - WL ~ šoš ~ Feb '13 - POFQ ~
TBdisneyMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: