Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Imaginationsetfree
Mouseketeer

Tell me about Concierge Room Service on the Fantasy

So I've read reports that Concierge guests get to order room service from all the main dining rooms, but I've seen some scattered reviews and reports that also list the option to order Palo from concierge room service. Is this true? I'm mainly talking about the Category V rooms...but that might be a big seller for the concierge rooms.

In addition to that, how does room service work for the MDRs? Can you only order from certain menus, or are any of the menu items fair game? I love dinners on Disney cruises, but I also have skipped them a couple of times because of how long they take; doing other things; or just not wanting to spend the time getting dressed up. My curiosity has the better of me on this one. :-)
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

In a V there is no room service from the MDR. In all suites you have room service from the MDR. There are some varying reports but the Royals are the only ones where you will get palo room service for sure. The V does not actually have a dining room so no place to setup the MDR food. Also you can generally order from any menu they have that night. Some nights all the restaurants have the same menu. Since the room service guys are literally going down to the kitchen to get you your food the earliest you can get it is at the normal dinner times approx 6:15-6:30 and 8:15-8:30. We have had them come a little earlier but likely it was because the room service guy got the first plates off the line. In general they also want you to order early. We would just do so in the afternoon and then also pre-order our breakfasts for the next morning.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
disbear
If not at Disney I will be at Hard Rock

We were in a Royal suite and ordered the chocolate soufflé from Palos every night. They arrived at perfect temp and was the perfect ending to each day.
disbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I don't believe that cat V can order MDR room service...but if you don't like you dining time, another option is to eat at Cabanas. It is a sit down except the first and last night, casual clothing. The food is a selection of items from the MDRs, a salad bar, and a "carved item." It is considered a training situation, so no tipping is expected (although no one will object to a few dollars left on the table.)
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: