Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #1426
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC&S View Post
We stayed at the Swan for the first time a few weeks ago. We went to the Dolphin several times to eat and get milk. I don't think there's that much difference between the walk to the pool. Depends on what end of the pool or which lap pool you want to be in. It's not a long walk between the Swan and Dolphin so you would probably be happy with either. Since I dont know what the beds are like at the D - I can't compare those or room size. We had a standard size room and for the 3 of us it worked well.
Thank you for the reply. If it's not a long walk then I'll probably book the Swan for the bigger beds.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #1427
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc View Post
I'm so glad that I found the thread, there is some fantastic info on here. I'm going to book to stay here for the first two nights of our holiday, but am having trouble deciding between the two hotels.

The Swan looks great because it has the bigger beds, which would be great as we are two adults and two teenagers in the room.

The Dolphin looks great as there seems to be more restaurant choice and it looks nearer to the pools on the map.

Do you think that one would be more suitable for us than the other, or are they so close that it will make no difference?
The walk to the pools are roughly the same from either resort. Sometimes the pool area may appear to closer to the Dolphin because you can walk for a greater distance toward the pool area while still inside the building. But in reality, about the same. If measuring, maybe 100 feet closer for the Dolphin, not much when you are on a Disney vacation, LOL.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #1428
franc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
The walk to the pools are roughly the same from either resort. Sometimes the pool area may appear to closer to the Dolphin because you can walk for a greater distance toward the pool area while still inside the building. But in reality, about the same. If measuring, maybe 100 feet closer for the Dolphin, not much when you are on a Disney vacation, LOL.
Thanks, 100 feet is nothing. It's sometimes hard to judge distances when looking at Google maps.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #1429
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Swan. It was a wonderful trip and we would totally stay at the Swan again
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #1430
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Wow both resorts sold out 1st week of March is there some big conference?
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #1431
EPCOT is a verb
Former Long-time lurkers
I remember reading something on the DIS about...

Checking out today. We had a wonderful stay at the Dolphin. We would definitely stay here again. It was clean, with great service. The pool was clean, though we just sat by it and didn't go in the water. We loved walking to Epcot and DHS.

We stayed an extra day due to the storm at home. Now we head back to no electricity. Bummer.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #1432
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have the dining passport for the swan/dolphins restaurants? Do points accrue quickly? Anyone redeem the points?

-Angie
Old 11-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #1433
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Swan. It was a wonderful trip and we would totally stay at the Swan again
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
Checking out today. We had a wonderful stay at the Dolphin. We would definitely stay here again. It was clean, with great service. The pool was clean, though we just sat by it and didn't go in the water. We loved walking to Epcot and DHS.

We stayed an extra day due to the storm at home. Now we head back to no electricity. Bummer.
Welcome home.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #1434
cvirtue1
Earning My Ears

I arrived last night at the Swan! So far great! Trying to get a feel for transportation as today is our resort day!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #1435
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I read the first post but still have a couple questions ~
The Dolphin has 2 queen beds and the Swan has 2 double beds? But my family of 5 can't stay in a standard room at The Swan, but can stay in a standard room at The Swan?

Also, can anyone tell me the size of the rooms? Maybe compared to some on-site properties ~ are they as big as the rooms at The Poly? My husband is big on having his space, lol. Thanks!
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 11-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #1436
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I read the first post but still have a couple questions ~
The Dolphin has 2 queen beds and the Swan has 2 double beds? But my family of 5 can't stay in a standard room at The Swan, but can stay in a standard room at The Swan?

Also, can anyone tell me the size of the rooms? Maybe compared to some on-site properties ~ are they as big as the rooms at The Poly? My husband is big on having his space, lol. Thanks!
The Swan has queen beds and the Dolphin has double beds. I believe the standard rooms at the Dolphin are slightly larger than at the Swan, and can accommodate a rollaway bed.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #1437
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Dolphin has fulls, Swan has queens. There are different sized standard rooms, because the one we just stayed in was a good bit bigger than the one we had in December. I'm not sure what the square footage is, but I can tell you from experience they are definitely bigger than Beach Club or Poly standard rooms.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #1438
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
The Swan has queen beds and the Dolphin has double beds. I believe the standard rooms at the Dolphin are slightly larger than at the Swan, and can accommodate a rollaway bed.
Oops, I wrote it down right, but typed it out wrong! So the Dolphin has double/double ~ shoot, I was really hoping for queens.

Am I correct in that The Dolphin only accomodates 4 guests in a room? We'll have 5 ~ myself, DH, and our 3 DDs (who at the time will be 9, 5 and 3).
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #1439
cgattis
DIS Veteran

I think you'd have plenty of room for one of those little inflatable toddler beds for the 3YO. We had an unreal amount of luggage on our last trip and still had plenty of room.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #1440
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Oops, I wrote it down right, but typed it out wrong! So the Dolphin has double/double ~ shoot, I was really hoping for queens.

Am I correct in that The Dolphin only accomodates 4 guests in a room? We'll have 5 ~ myself, DH, and our 3 DDs (who at the time will be 9, 5 and 3).
The Dolphin can accommodate 5 with a rollaway. Only 4 can stay in a standard room at the Swan.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: