Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
StephC1217
Mouseketeer

Transportation Question

We are planning our honeymoon for June 2013. We are taking a 7 day Fantasy Cruise to W Caribbean. Before we go, we are planning on a 3 night stay at Universal Studios (i know i know- not Disney....but 3 nites at Disney is just not enough for me!!)

So my question is about transportation....Should we rent a car at MCO and drive to Universal Studios and then to Port? How do we get back to airport after Cruise?

Is there a cheaper option than renting a car? We prob won't use the car while at Universal. But I know the shuttles can be $$ and maybe renting a car is the cheapest way? Any help would be appreciated!

StephC1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC1217 View Post
We are planning our honeymoon for June 2013. We are taking a 7 day Fantasy Cruise to W Caribbean. Before we go, we are planning on a 3 night stay at Universal Studios (i know i know- not Disney....but 3 nites at Disney is just not enough for me!!)

So my question is about transportation....Should we rent a car at MCO and drive to Universal Studios and then to Port? How do we get back to airport after Cruise?

Is there a cheaper option than renting a car? We prob won't use the car while at Universal. But I know the shuttles can be $$ and maybe renting a car is the cheapest way? Any help would be appreciated!
The only information I can help you with is - there are DCL transfers available from port to MCO for $35 per person.

Sorry, we've only gone from WDW to port, so I can't help with the other part.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I know nothing about getting to Universal. Does your hotel provide transportation (free or for a fee?). DCL transfers are $35 each way. You can book them one or both ways. We can usually rent a car for $30-50 using codes from rentalcodes.com or mousesavers.com. You can do a one way rental--rent at MCO and drop of near the port; the car companies have complimentary shuttles back to the terminal. Worth renting for the car to sit for 3 days while you are at Universal--probably not, but you'll have to figure out how you will get to Universal.

There are hotels that offer a stay and cruise package that includes transportation. The Hyatt place is one of these. Depending on the dates, I've seen rates ranging from $121-$159 for a room, breakfast, and round trip transportation to the cruise terminal and back. They also offer a 24/7 free shuttle to/from MCO.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
StephC1217
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your help- i didnt think about looking intno shuttles at our Universal hotel- I will check that out now!

StephC1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

There is a nightly fee to park your rental car at US/IoA hotels.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: