Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #2956
HugeHabsFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Maybe a one-day, one-way car rental? You can drop off a National-Alamo car at the Dolphin...tell the kids you really need a rental this trip etc...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hmmm, maybe put the tags on at the last minute before checking your luggage. But, they'll probably catch on when you get on the DME bus because you have to get in a line that has the resort's picture/name.
Thanks very much for the ideas! I think, Pinkocto, you have the right idea. I was just talking to my girlfriend and she suggested the same. I'd even be happy if we got as far as the DME lines until they caught on...if I'm lucky, maybe we can swing that past them too.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #2957
HugeHabsFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Mara is the counter service restaurant at AKL. It is near the pool. They do all kinds of breakfast platters, but also have a grab and go section where you can get the type of things you mentioned. The other breakfast option is Boma, which is a full-blown buffet.

Corinna
Thank you Corinna! That sounds perfect. I'd like to keep it fairly reasonable for breakfast. We'll probably bring a few things with us, and I may even consider having some groceries delivered, as I think it would end up cheaper in the long run. For some reason I have a real "thing" with paying for breakfast for four for seven days, lol.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #2958
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Hey everyone!
We're scheduled to be at AKL Jambo this December in a studio! This is our DD's (almost 3) first trip and I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with using the pack'n'play in the room? And I can't remember if the bathroom area is a little privatized (is that a word?) where we could put her over there for nap time. I've heard there's some rooms around that even have a curtain in the area.
TIA!!
Amanda - I think the pack and play should fit in the area next to the sinks. There are no curtains in front of that area.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #2959
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
The Sunrise Safari is wonderful -- the hard part is getting your family up and ready to go before 7am!! The breakfast after the Safari is wonderful and the guides stay and join the group for the meal so it's a great opportunity to speak with them and have any questions answered!

The breakfast service at AKL-CL is terrific! Hot oatmeal, quinoa, cold cereals, danish, pastries, fruits, yogurt, juices, milk. Coffees, teas - their coffee machine is fabulous!

At noon, they put out snacks -- pretzels, potato chips, gummies...... We usually plan an ADR for lunch since there isn't much offered in the club lounge.

3pm is Tea Time -- cookies, brownies, scones.

5-7pm is when the appetizers come out. Breads/hummus; cheese/crackers; cold veggie selection and 1 or 2 (usually 2) appetizers from Boma & Jiko. There is also wine and beer (along with soft drinks & juices).

8-10pm is desserts and cordials. They have a new, wonderful pastry chef who is making some desserts ONLY for the Club Lounge! Other desserts would be offerings from Boma -- although Zebra Domes are no longer offered in the Club Lounge.

These desserts were a pumpkin mousse and pumpkin cheesecake - heavenly!

That's all I have time for. I am leaving at 6am tomorrow (Sunday) morning on a business trip. Must pack and get some sleep!
Oh yum. I stopped by for some Friday Zebra Domes, but this was so much better, lol! Bought back all my memories of that wonderful lounge, love the coffee machine and the food was fantastic.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 11-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #2960
prairiesarah
Earning My Ears

Our DME tags arrived yesterday - only 31 days now! I cannot wait to arrive at the AKL. I have never been and am so excited. When DH and I were on our honeymoon 11 years ago at the WL, AKL had just opened but we didn't have a chance to go check it out. I had been postponing booking until we knew when our ds's Christmas concert was at school and I happened to luck out the day I was booking and was able to get a Value 1 Bedroom with a RO discount. I am sure DH is going to sick of my daily countdown update by the time we go!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #2961
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Congratulations!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 11-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #2962
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I have a question, too. Is the Culinary Tour only for people staying at AKL? I am planning to spend an afternoon at AKL while I am at WDW and thought that this would be fun especially as we only got a very quick tour of Boma when I did this in 2009 and did not go into Jiko.

Corinna
Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #2963
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I have a question, too. Is the Culinary Tour only for people staying at AKL? I am planning to spend an afternoon at AKL while I am at WDW and thought that this would be fun especially as we only got a very quick tour of Boma when I did this in 2009 and did not go into Jiko.

Corinna
Corinna - the tour is open to anyone. Enjoy! (Meet at Jiko podium at 3:45pm daily. Check the Activities Board by Boma restrooms to confirm! )

Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #2964
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Corinna - the tour is open to anyone. Enjoy! (Meet at Jiko podium at 3:45pm daily. Check the Activities Board by Boma restrooms to confirm! )
Thanks, that is great. I will definitely do that if it is offered that day.

Corinna
Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #2965
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:

Corinna
There is a similar tour of Sanaa every day at 4pm.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #2966
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
There is a similar tour of Sanaa every day at 4pm.
Thanks, we will eat at Sanaa that night so Boma/ Jiko appeals more. I am so hoping that all the Christmas decorations will be up. I will be at AKL the day after Thanksgiving.

Corinna
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #2967
kgreen
Mouseketeer

Just have to stop by and say... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! I could retire here! lol We stayed a week, bunkbed Arusha view! We were just a few short steps from the lobby! GREAT room!!! Words can't do justice for this resort. I can tell you it's BEAUTIFUL!! So much to see & do, all the time. This resort is so nice, & relaxing! They never miss a beat. It only rained about 15 minuets during our whole stay, & we were at the resort. After the rain a CM drew a super cute portrait of mickey, & minnie on the fog of the glass at the Mara. The little things... that make me smile! Great staff, great food, relaxing rooms.... I could go on & on!! If you stay here be sure to plan for a day just at the resort. Thanks AKL!!!!! If we get back to Disney this will be the only resort we stay at. They are #1 in my book!! I miss hearing welcome home!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #2968
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

glad to hear you had a such a great time, it is my favorite place also.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 11-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #2969
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

109 more days to go until I get to our beloved AKL

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #2970
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeHabsFan View Post
Thank you Corinna! That sounds perfect. I'd like to keep it fairly reasonable for breakfast. We'll probably bring a few things with us, and I may even consider having some groceries delivered, as I think it would end up cheaper in the long run. For some reason I have a real "thing" with paying for breakfast for four for seven days, lol.
.....as much aas I just LOVE Boma for their sumptuous breakfasts, you'd be better off with Pop Tarts, fruit, bagels, and the like in your room, or just head down to the Mara for a quick grab'n'go....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: