Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #16
Sharonstamps
One shoe can change your life

This is our second cruise for the extended family this Christmas on the Fantasy. Our entire family loved it and some didn't have kids. Disney caters to the adults with private pools and beaches.

For the kids - well, it is a "Fantasy" - dream come true. Something to do for everyone. My kids were 10 the first time we cruised Disney and they still say it's their favorite vacation - even over WDW!! At that age they loved the independence on this ship. They can't wait for the Teen Shack this time around and if this says anything about my twin boys - they were holding back tears as we left the ship - literally!!!

I love all things Disney and the cruise is just a class act. A copule of other people summed up some other features of the ship, but trust me - if you choose to cruise Disney - you won't be disappointed!
Sharonstamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
AllThingsFigment
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for all of the great information! They sound amazing! I love that they have fireworks and so many other things unique to their cruise line. It sounds like it will be equally enjoyable for both the adults and kids which is a huge plus!
AllThingsFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
footballmouse
DIS Veteran

We just went on our 1st cruise 2 months ago. We did the 4 day/3 night cruise on the Dream and earlier in the week we did the parks. As we were driving away from the port, my kids were already asking when we were going to do that again! I asked them if they liked the cruise or the parks better, very quickly all 3 said the cruise. My boys are 11, 13 & 18.

We never really saw much of the 11 & 13 yr old b/c they were at their club the entire day & night. We only had 2 meals as a family and that was the 1st night's dinner and breakfast the day we docked. At first they weren't thrilled w/the size of the pool, but since we were coming from the Beach Club, any pool was going to be a let down. Once they met friends at the club, they really didn't go swimming at all. We did get the earliest boarding time so they did have time to play in the pool & on the slides before it got crowded. The adult pool was really nice so me, dh & our oldest hung out over there.

The phones that are supplied in the rooms are wonderful for keeping tabs on your kids or if you have a large group.

We had 2 outside porthole window rooms & they were really nice.

Food & shows were really good. They play 1st run movies at the theater. I would highly recommend paying any charges the morning or afternoon before you leave. I did this & there wasn't any line but then I had to pay for a damn smoothie my son got at C.C. so I had to wait in line the night before we left. The line was very long but it did move fast.

I'm sure you'll love it, we did. Hopefully we get a chance to go back.
footballmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #19
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

This is a neat thread. Pictures from folks who have cruised. Helps me when I am in a Disney funk!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....51834&page=203

Trip reports are great to read too. As you can see,,,,I never finished mine!!

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #20
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥

All I can say is that these two adults tear up every time we are "forced" to leave the ship at the end of our cruise!

Before I grew to know & love Disney pre 1995, I had a boss who went all the time. I said I don't understand--it's an amusement park!

Well, one trip and I was hooked! To me, it's that same type of mindset. It's the Disney magic. The Pixie Dust. The CM's who "get" Disney and who help spread the magic-hopefully The attention to detail. It's all the little things that they do and think of. And the big things. There's nothing like that magic I have found only on DCL. I say to people, once you go, you'll know! Much like the parks.

We go in the fall or would try the spring. The rates are much more competitive at that time vs. the summer.

We are going on a 3 generation family cruise next October...and will re-book, again, before leaving.

I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

My favorite thing about DLC is Castaway Cay.

I will never forget my daughter holding hands with Dale while skipping back to the ship. Priceless!
nhgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: