Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #331
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
Yes, there is an ethernet port on the bottom of the phone. Our kitchen phone had an ethernet cord already plugged into it. So it was easy peasy! You might bring your own ethernet cord if you want to guarantee that you have one without asking the very busy front desk. I'm kinda like a boy scout...always prepared!!
Thanks! I keep one in the bag with the laptop along with a card reader for the camera memory! LOL

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #332
vtwep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
Yes wireless is available, but I would bring my own as you will have guaranteed swift and secure access that way!!
Great - thanks for the reply/info! I'll definitely pack it.

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
vtwep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #333
beth445
Earning My Ears

Sorry for the repeat post

I can't find it anywhere. How do I disable the ac thermostat"?????? It is sooooooo cold!!!!
beth445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #334
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth445 View Post
I can't find it anywhere. How do I disable the ac thermostat"?????? It is sooooooo cold!!!!
Push and hold the F/C button that is on the left of the thermostat until the little screen says "bp" for bypass.

This will allow the unit to run at the set temperature for 24 hours without going off if there is no motion in the room (e.g., you are away from the condo during the day or at night while sleeping, etc.).

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #335
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Forgive me if this info is already posted in the thread, but does anyone know the list of what restaurants that are allowed to deliver to Bonnet Creek?
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #336
syk731
Earning My Ears

We're here now and we've been pleased.

I got my room through my friend who is a Wyndham owner. She said that she had a high level status or some such thing so that she could request a particular room for me and I would probably get it. I'd read here that perk doesn't carry over to guests of owners, but she said it had for her in the past. I called the main desk 2 weeks before check-in to make my room request and it was good that I did because my friend's requests weren't on there.

I very much got the feeling that room requests are handled based on what's available at the time you check in. I didn't feel like they saved rooms for people based on their room requests. I had requested a high floor and away from the elevator (I wanted a quiet room). The check-in person had my requests and had to keep referring to a map of the resort (in a drawer, so I didn't know what he was doing until he told me) to check how close to the elevators the rooms were. He initially offered me a room in the 7th floor in tower 5. He asked me if that was high enough. I said it was fine but asked if he had anything higher, since he made it seem like there might be something else. He gave me a room on the 9th floor in tower 4. He said it had a fireworks view. I don't care about that, but I would 't call the view a fireworks view. You can see the fireworks at MK and Epcot, but you have to stand right up by the window and lean your face on the window to be able to see it. Even from the balcony, it isn't easy to see the fireworks.

I was the only person checking in around 3 PM in a Wednesday, so he took his time with me. I went to by the front desk at 3 PM in Friday and it was packed. I did to to the parking pass desk. They ask for your driver's license, which I didn't like. He scanned it into some kind of machine. I told him I didn't want to fill out the sheet asking for job and income info and I didn't. He said they collect that info to understand what type of people stay at the resort. I politely but firmly said I didn't give out that info and that was it. He gave me the pass and off I went.

The room is fine but dh thought it looked a little dated. (Tower 4 hasn't been renivated yet). The carpets are a little worn. The couch was replaced and is fine. I think the beds are soft (or at least softer than I would like) so not comfy for people who like firm or med-firm beds.

The resort itself is nice. We brought our own router and that's been awesome. I heard 2 ladies at the pool talking about how the wifi connection sucked except in certain parts of the room so I'd advise bringing your own router if you need good wifi.

DS was very disappointed as he's been measuring at 48" for a few months already (even without shoes) but at the pirate slide he measured at 47.5 inches and they didn't let him on. We weren't expecting it to be an issue so that was very sad for him. I think that their ruler measures a little smaller than most so warn your kids who are just at 48 inches that they may not be 48 inches on this ruler.
syk731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #337
syk731
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
Forgive me if this info is already posted in the thread, but does anyone know the list of what restaurants that are allowed to deliver to Bonnet Creek?
On the phone I the room, it says that pizza deliveries are only allowed from la cocina (at the resort), pizza hut, papa jones, dominoes, flippers, and giordanos. There is a binder in the room with some ads in the back including menus from local restaurants. At least one (a Chinese place) says that they deliver to "your resort" so I assume that delivery from other places are allowed, but not other pizza places.

I also discovered today that the pools are different temperatures. I'm not sure if it's related to the amount of sun the pool is getting or the pool temps are different. The pool a tower 2/3 with the slide was much colder than the other pools. The pool at tower 5 was warmer, and the main pool and the one at tower 6 were the warmest.
syk731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #338
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by syk731 View Post
At least one (a Chinese place) says that they deliver to "your resort" so I assume that delivery from other places are allowed, but not other pizza places.

I also discovered today that the pools are different temperatures. I'm not sure if it's related to the amount of sun the pool is getting or the pool temps are different. The pool a tower 2/3 with the slide was much colder than the other pools. The pool at tower 5 was warmer, and the main pool and the one at tower 6 were the warmest.
We ordered from the Chinese (Citrus Garden) and it was really good, and they were quick.

We did a day long pool hop, and I agree with you on the different temps. The pool at 2/3 was freezing when we were there. The pool at Tower 4, where we were, was probably the warmest, and 6 was usually pretty nice.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #339
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjuce View Post
I have been searching the boards for about an hour now and can't find out how to go about making a room/building request. I know it is on here because I saw it a few months ago but can't find it now.
By the way, I am checking in on Sunday November 11th how likely is it that I will get my request of a lake view, building 4, high floor? In that order.
"The Book" says you are supposed to call WBC front desk and make that request 2 weeks out ... and again at check-in. However, there is NO guarantee that you'll get it - and I'm a perfect example. I did everything "by the book" including making my requests when I 1st booked. Our room location was nothing even close to what I asked. I would strongly recommend your not specifying just 1 bldg but multiple so that you give them more options. More options = higher potential. This is why I booked our next trip in a presidential suite. I will be guaranteed a room before I arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwep View Post
Is wireless available? And if so, is the strength decent? I was there 2 years ago and brought my router to hook up in the kitchen. I can do that again, but just wondering if it's necessary? I definitely would like a strong signal.
Yes, wireless is available in every bldg now, but the strength is just so-so. Naturally, it's better during the day (when most folks are the parks). Plus, I hated having to re-login every single time I turnoff my laptop/kindle/phone, etc. It's a bit of a pain for not too much gain. Just my 2-cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Do they still have the plug in the kitchen for internet? I know I brought an ethernet cable with me in 2010, but when I was at Wyndham Grand Desert this weekend, they didn't have an ethernet port, just wifi. They had a port marked DSL, but the ethernet cable was too big for it.
Yes, the port is still on the phone in the kitchen, but they also have wireless in all buildings now (for free).

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #340
3AUTigerFans
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the great tips! We will be checking into BC in less than two weeks and can't wait! This will be our first time saying there, and we are so excited after reading all the great reviews on here.
3AUTigerFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #341
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

Presidential suites

Wow! there's a lot of info in these threads on WBC, but still I have a few questions. I saw some incredible pictures of what I think was a 2BR presidential suite. It had beautiful dark cherry woodwork, dark tile floors and looked quite a bit nicer than some of the other pics of the deluxe suites.
1. Are the Presidential suites significantly nicer than the deluxe?
2. Where are the presidential suites? Which buildings? which floors?
3. Are there 1, 2, 3 BR presidential suites?
4. What is the ballpark price for the Presidential suites compared to the deluxe (say for a 2BR)?
5. Which towers, floors, rooms have been recently renovated and is it worth it to get into one of those rooms?
TIA.
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #342
CalsMomma
Earning My Ears

Great experience at Bonnet Creek

I've been lurking here for a while, doing my research, and just want to say thanks to all who've shared their Bonnet Creek info! Thanks to the tips I got here, we chose BC and had a great experience. I have to say, I'm converted and I won't be staying anywhere else for a Disney vacation!

We checked in around 4:00 pm last Sunday. I don't know if it was due to the low season, or not a popular check-in day, or whatever...but that couldn't have been a better experience. I hadn't called in a tower request in advance, mostly because I didn't think I'd get it anyway. At the desk, the guy asked ME if I had any tower preference, and then, if I wanted a low, mid, or high level floor! I gave him a general idea of my 'ideal' location, and ended up with a 3rd floor 2BR in tower 2, which was perfect. I was prepared for the sales pitch at the parking desk but they didn't even ask me to fill out a form. They mentioned to my husband about the 'breakfast' and $100 gift card, but he politely said 'he would think about it' and we weren't bothered all week.

The room was so nice. All of the furniture was in perfect shape and the finishes were like new and high-end. Gorgeous! And as a bonus, we had a lake view and decent view of the Illuminations fireworks. Parking outside our tower was plentiful at any time of day. Wi-fi worked just fine.

We also tried out all of the pools - all were very nice and not crowded but we definitely preferred the pirate themed pool. It was the warmest and we liked the lazy river nearby too. My son wasn't tall enough for either of the slides; I thought he would enjoy the one by tower 3 but they were enforcing the 48"/no one under 5yo rule, and he's just shy of both. No big deal, we still had tons of fun swimming.

For those that miss the Disney ambience, I would say that all of the staff we met at Bonnet Creek were awesome and friendly. There were tons of activities and because the resort was not crowded, each kid got lots of attention. We took advantage of the free face painting, balloon artist, pool parties, and Halloween games. My son actually asked to 'stay home' several days instead of going to the parks, he liked it that much.

We will definitely be back! Thanks Dis'ers!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #343
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw&sonny View Post
Wow! there's a lot of info in these threads on WBC, but still I have a few questions. I saw some incredible pictures of what I think was a 2BR presidential suite. It had beautiful dark cherry woodwork, dark tile floors and looked quite a bit nicer than some of the other pics of the deluxe suites.
1. Are the Presidential suites significantly nicer than the deluxe?
2. Where are the presidential suites? Which buildings? which floors?
3. Are there 1, 2, 3 BR presidential suites?
4. What is the ballpark price for the Presidential suites compared to the deluxe (say for a 2BR)?
5. Which towers, floors, rooms have been recently renovated and is it worth it to get into one of those rooms?
TIA.
I'll attempt to answer some of these.

1. I Think it's mostly going to be a matter of preference as to the "significantly nicer" answer. They are nicer, but how much nicer can depend. The Primary differences between a regular "Deluxe" unit and the Presidential suite are going to be the decor items you noticed in those pictures. Typically, Higher crown molding ceilings, Dark wood accents and doors, Tiled floors in the common areas, Stainless steel appliances, and some upgraded furnishings.

2. There are 4bdrm Presidential units located on the top floor of the Main Building and Towers 1-5. All Units in floors 10 and above in Tower 6 are presidential units.

3. Yes, There are now 1,2, and 3bdrm presidential units. They are located exclusively in Tower 6.

4. I couldn't tell you since I've never tried to price one, and different owners/renters have different criteria when setting their prices. Some things I can tell you however:

Points wise, non-discounted, A 1 bdrm Presidential tends to run the same point cost as a 2bdrm Deluxe, and a 2bdrm Presidential as a 3bdrm Deluxe. There are not 4bdrm Deluxe units so that point cost pricing trend doesn't continue, but it MIGHT help give you an idea of a rough ballpark based off prices you see people mention getting for the deluxe units.

The Presidential units are MUCH MUCH rarer at the resort than any of the deluxe style units. As such, Some of the owner tricks such as point discounts or upgrades are less likely to come into play. Since many of those tricks tend to run off the assumption of unbooked inventory, with the short supply of Presidential level accomodations at the resort, it's rare you'll find an empty unit available by the time those discounts/upgrades kick in.

And finally.... again, because of the rarity, and the much nicer looking and class of accomadations, Some owners will charge a premium over what they might charge per-point for a deluxe unit. Since Wyndham no longer allows "trading" of points between owners, the per-point is more of an abstract # since you have no way of knowing what the actual point cost to the owner actually will be for the reservation you are renting (due to housekeeping fees, discounts, guest certificate fees, and other items that come into play with a reservation within the Wyndham System)

5. Towers 1-3 have recently been renovated according to reports. towers 4 and 5 I've heard some mixed reports on so I don't know what their exact status is. And as for "is it worth it".... Can't say. I haven't seen before/after pics of the renovation, so I honestly don't know if the renovation has brought anything to these rooms that would make it worth it to me to go thru the extra effort to request a renovated room.

Other than the reported couch issues, which for the most part have been resolved already in the non-renovated towers, I can't think of any major reoccuring issues I've heard about in any of the towers that would make me say the non-renovated rooms are worth avoiding if possible.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #344
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Best Driving Route

Which route do you prefer between MCO and Bonnet Creek

Route 417
or
Route 528

And the second part why

Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #345
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Leaving in 5 Days and can't wait! Does anyone ever not drive or not rent a car? We are flying in and taking a car service to the resort. We will have a grocery stop along the way, and I'm assuming that our room will not be ready when we get there around 2pm. If our room is not ready, will they have a fridge/freezer that we can keep our food in while we wait for our room?