Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Comment Card Online?

Is it possible to fill out comment card online? We had the best intentions but, with all the excitement on the last day we failed to fill it out and drop comment card. I searched DCL site and got nowhere of course. We of course would like to praise our staff. We have the comment card in our possession. Do we fill it out and mail it?
TIA
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Is it possible to fill out comment card online? We had the best intentions but, with all the excitement on the last day we failed to fill it out and drop comment card. I searched DCL site and got nowhere of course. We of course would like to praise our staff. We have the comment card in our possession. Do we fill it out and mail it?
TIA
I say you should go ahead a fill out the card and mail it.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

An online card is a wonderful idea. Perhaps DCL reads these boards & will consider this.

We have been cruising with disney for as long as they have been sailing. We have consistently commented that the cards don't provide enough space for written comments. We've commented on how the last day is so busy and we'd like to get the comment cards earlier in the cruise. We've even asked for the comment cards from the customer service desk and were looked at like we were asking a forbidden question.

DCL makes a big deal about getting the comment cards but I'm not sure they really want our comments. Perhaps something was "excellent" but there was one not so excellent incident. The question pertains to an experience as a whole and that one less than excellent experience will influence how I answer.

Now there is even a question asking if we felt pressured to give an excellent rating. Ya - I'm tired of hearing it. Early in the cruise we will make sure the staff knows that we know about "excellent" and we all try to have a little fun with it. So no, I don't feel pressured.

We keep a small notebook in our room and we take notes every time someone does something they deserve a pat on the back for. we don't take notes of average experiences. There are few not so great experiences and we note those too. We staple that pages to our comment card when we turn it in. I'm not sure they read them but it makes me feel better.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv that cruise View Post
An online card is a wonderful idea. Perhaps DCL reads these boards & will consider this.

We have been cruising with disney for as long as they have been sailing. We have consistently commented that the cards don't provide enough space for written comments. We've commented on how the last day is so busy and we'd like to get the comment cards earlier in the cruise. We've even asked for the comment cards from the customer service desk and were looked at like we were asking a forbidden question.

DCL makes a big deal about getting the comment cards but I'm not sure they really want our comments. Perhaps something was "excellent" but there was one not so excellent incident. The question pertains to an experience as a whole and that one less than excellent experience will influence how I answer.

Now there is even a question asking if we felt pressured to give an excellent rating. Ya - I'm tired of hearing it. Early in the cruise we will make sure the staff knows that we know about "excellent" and we all try to have a little fun with it. So no, I don't feel pressured.

We keep a small notebook in our room and we take notes every time someone does something they deserve a pat on the back for. we don't take notes of average experiences. There are few not so great experiences and we note those too. We staple that pages to our comment card when we turn it in. I'm not sure they read them but it makes me feel better.
I agree about the "excellent speech". But - we just spent 14 nights on the Wonder and I marveled at the fact that we never heard that speech once! I was prepared with my stock answer, "Thank you, you've given your little speech, now I don't want to hear it again, any repeats will affect that excellent rating."

So maybe the word is getting out that we don't need to be reminded.

Oh, and I bring additional paper along on the cruises now to write my comments, since 3 little lines at the bottom of one of the pages just isn't enough.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I say you should go ahead a fill out the card and mail it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: