Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #391
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
im glad a lot of people like disney pins... Kaitlin and i have been collecting for many many years and have around 500. We go to disney and dtd mainly to trade pins. We will be bringing our entire collection

Question... Do you get a pin for sailing... Like one specific to the cruise you are on? If so do they do it for all cruises or just special cruises.

I also went and just bought pirate outfits for kaitlin and i. They are really cool looking.

Also finished the fe today... Will post the picture later after i get it uploaded.
the only special pins on the ship are when we cruise on the dvc cruises. We are allowed 2 each cabin on the member cruise. They only bring so many. Somebody told me while we were standing in line for the halloween pins at mnsshp that the dvc stuff from the member cruise was being put on ebay right from the ship. Have you ever seen the pin for the spectro magic parade where the floats spin around the outside. I wish i had bought it years ago when i saw it. They do have a pin trading night with the officers etc on the ship. Its kind of a meet and greet in the main atrium.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #392
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumexpert510 View Post
Another question... I had a thought, since there are not tons of people doing the FE... how does everyone feel about possibly doing two FE days (or more lol)

and just to clarify is it a gift from each person participating or from each cabin?
USUALLY ITS ONE GIFT FROM EACH CABIN TO EVERYONE IN THE OTHER CABINS. ITS UP TO WHATEVER THE PERSON WANTS TO GIVE. LAST YEAR WE FLEW DOWN WITH ABOUT 100 lbs OF FEs IN OUR CARRY ONS ONE TIME I HAD TO EXPLAIN WHAT ALL THE WHITE PLASTIC BAGS WERE IN MY CARRY ON.
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #393
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratebob View Post
bano and i are both retired cast members, she had 21 years and i did 20. She worked at drc and booked cruise for a short time. I worked in the mk merchandise. The last 11 years i was pirate bob. I don't believe my name was valid on this site. We do not have our cabin numbers yet, and might not get it until we check in, so the fe could be a problem.
welcome to the group, im running the fe, if you want to do it i can inform everone your cabin number as long as you tell me at the meet and greet or somewhere on the ship. I will go around and get a hold of everyone and give them your cabin number. I did that on our last cruise which was the dvc member cruise. Hope you will join the fe.

It would be interesting to talk to you about what you did at disney. We seem to have a few florida people on this cruise.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #394
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
Bano and I are both retired cast members, she had 21 years and I did 20. She worked at DRC and booked cruise for a short time. I worked in the MK merchandise. The last 11 years I was Pirate Bob. I don't believe my name was valid on this site. We do not have our cabin Numbers yet, and might not get it until we check in, so the FE could be a problem.
I HAVE TO ASK A SILLY QUESTION, BECAUSE IM IN MY 50s IM HAVING A BRAIN FART! WHO IS PIRATE BOB? IT WILL PROBABLY HIT ME ONCE YOU TELL ME AND I WILL FEEL SILLY FOR NOT KNOWING
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #395
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc deernut View Post
I HAVE TO ASK A SILLY QUESTION, BECAUSE IM IN MY 50s IM HAVING A BRAIN FART! WHO IS PIRATE BOB? IT WILL PROBABLY HIT ME ONCE YOU TELL ME AND I WILL FEEL SILLY FOR NOT KNOWING
Not a silly question. I am Pirate Bob, I worked in the pirates bazaar and talked like a pirate all of the time, so I picked up the name. When I retired they gave me the name tag. Arrgh!!!
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #396
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Pirate Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBob View Post
Not a silly question. I am Pirate Bob, I worked in the pirates bazaar and talked like a pirate all of the time, so I picked up the name. When I retired they gave me the name tag. Arrgh!!!

Very cool....so should we expect to run into Pirate Bob in his pirates finest on pirates night then! LOL!!

Thank you and your wife for all your magical years....I am sure we ran into you over the 30 years we escaped to WDW !!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #397
amanda202
Earning My Ears

I have finally convinced my husband Anton to not think the FE is lame so we will be participating. :D

We are both 31 and from Melbourne. He was a cast member for 8 years I think mostly working in magic kingdom at jungle cruise and space mountain.

I'll have to get our cabin number later when I get home and let you know. (Posting from phone right now) All I know is we are on deck 2.

Disney Wonder 10/23/10
Disney Dream 12/02/12
amanda202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #398
PirateBob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin lady View Post
Very cool....so should we expect to run into Pirate Bob in his pirates finest on pirates night then! LOL!!

Thank you and your wife for all your magical years....I am sure we ran into you over the 30 years we escaped to WDW !!
I am afraid that I will be the one in a pirate T shirt and tri-corner hat. My days in pirate garb retired with me. DW(Bano) and DH(Bob) will do the FE our stateroom is still GTY. We will talk to Herb and Janet later to see if they want to do it also.
PirateBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #399
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

WELCOME TO THE FE PIRATEBOB AND AMANDA I WILL PUT YOU DOWN AND ADD CABINS WHEN YOU GET THEM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #400
dvc deernut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
here is updated fe list.

Dvc deernut laura(dw) ian(dh) cabin 7002
cara(dfiancee) skye(dd)16 hailey(dd)9 cabin 7000

reigle4 rick(dh) melinda(dw) jade(dgd)8 cabin 6112
jenny(dw) richard(dh) kay(dd)7 cabin 6114

obslady brandy(dw) david(dh) cabin 5650
talia(dd)17 keegan(ds)12

jjmom jeanette(dm) jaden(ds)13 janessa(dd)12 cabin 2023

drumexpert510 brad(dboyfriend) kaitlin(dgirlfriend) jennifer(dmom) CABIN 8588

amanda202 amanda(dw) anton(dh) cabin ?

Piratebob bano(dw) bob(dh) cabin ?
Any corrections please let me know.
new fe list any questions please ask.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #401
Purplelv93
Travel is an Addiction

Greetings fellow cruisers! My best friend and I just booked this cruise. This will be her first Disney cruise and I know you guys will help me make it amazing for her. She loves Disney and cruises and Donald Duck! She lives in Georgia, and I live in Florida.

Has the cut-off date for the FE already passed? I haven't discussed this with her yet, but I think she would really enjoy it.

Is there a Facebook page for this cruise?

Thanks!

May 2015, 7-night Magic
August 2014, 7-night WC, Fantasy
May 2014, 7-night EC, Fantasy
April 2014, 4-night Dream
December 2013, 4-night Dream
November 2013, 5-night Caribbean, Magic
September 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
May 2013, 14-night Panama Canal, Wonder
April 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
April 2013, 3-night Bahamas, Dream
January 2013, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
December 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
November 2012, 4-night Bahamas, Dream
October 2012, 14-night Hawaiian, Wonder
May 2012, 7-night W. Caribbean, Fantasy
May 2012, 5-night Bahamas, Magic
September 2011, 14-night WBTA, Magic
May 2011, 14-night EBTA, Magic
November 2010, 4-night Bahamas, Wonder

Current AP holder at Walt Disney World, former AP holder at Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Paris Disneyland. Tokyo Disneyland 3X. Former DLR CM, former consultant at HKDL.
Purplelv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #402
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelv93 View Post
Greetings fellow cruisers! My best friend and I just booked this cruise. This will be her first Disney cruise and I know you guys will help me make it amazing for her. She loves Disney and cruises and Donald Duck! She lives in Georgia, and I live in Florida.

Has the cut-off date for the FE already passed? I haven't discussed this with her yet, but I think she would really enjoy it.

Is there a Facebook page for this cruise?

Thanks!
Welcome neighbor...we live in Windermere as well ! DVC Deernut is in charge of the FE ... but we just added a couple of days ago...so I don't think it is a problem....would be great...we only had 6 staterooms....now almost double. We went on the Wonder to Hawaii last month...we had about 80 cabins!!! This one will be a breeze! LOL!!

Last edited by soarin lady; 11-03-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add on information
soarin lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #403
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarin lady View Post
Welcome neighbor...we live in Windermere as well ! DVC Deernut is in charge of the FE ... but we just added a couple of days ago...so I don't think it is a problem....would be great...we only had 6 staterooms....now almost double. We went on the Wonder to Hawaii last month...we had about 80 cabins!!! This one will be a breeze! LOL!!
OMG....after posting I read the cruises you had been on....we were in Hawaii together! Now I am going to have It's A Small World song stuck in my head all day!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #404
soarin lady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
new fe list any questions please ask.
Please add us to the FE List:

Kathryn & Marcel Stateroom 10514

Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #405
herbiethek
Earning My Ears