Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #1531
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Can't believe we will be at WL two weeks from Sunday....time has flown by.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #1532
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #1533
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Help me get excited for my WL trip in December! I had booked the GF to surprise the kids and DH. Later my mom & aunt decided to come with us surprise the kids - we live in FL they live in MA so it is super nice of them! Unfortunately my aunt decided she didn't want to spend the money for GF so we switched to WL. Now, we have stayed at the WL once before and loved it, but for this trip I had totally planned for the Christmas atmosphere of the GF and the convenience of the monorail!

So - help remind me of why I am going to have such a great time at WL! Is it as festive at Christmas as the other hotels? I know we will have a blast and it will be even better because we will be all together.

Also, while I am at it, what is the best place to request for rooms? We have a courtyard view (mom has a woods view) and would love to be able to see the water parade at night.

Thanks!!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 11-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #1534
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonR View Post
Oh I'm sorry....I'm new to this whole blogging thing and abbreviations. We are staying at wilderness lodge. We had recently been upgraded to there. We were originally booked for the cabins.
No need to apologize. I just wanted to make sure you meant WL and not FW, as some think the two resorts are one in the same. What a wonderful upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeg99 View Post
Just booked WL for Dec. 1-8. Cannot wait!
Would you like that noted in the Lodgers' Log on the first page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post
Sorry for all the exclamation points but sometimes excitement just sort of bubbles out.

This time next week we will be sitting on the plane ready to head east to our favorite place and our first stay at WL. I hope time starts moving a little faster now and then slows to a crawl once we get there.

Use all the !!!!!!!!!! you want. It won't be long now. Have you started packing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Hey! We hit our 3 week mark as well
Even though we were just in the world 3 weeks ago there's something about being there during the holidays that gets me super excited!!
Have a GREAT trip!
I love your WDW trip interval - 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Hi Everybody,

It looks like many of you had great trips or are just about to! We would like to add our next trip to the Lodger's Log. We booked a bounce back for September 6-15, 2013 at WL. At the time we booked we weren't sure we'd be able to keep it, but planning, saving, and paying off our last trip are moving along well so let's go for it! We can't wait to go home again.
You've been logged

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I can't believe it either. I hope time stands still when you finally get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Help me get excited for my WL trip in December! I had booked the GF to surprise the kids and DH. Later my mom & aunt decided to come with us surprise the kids - we live in FL they live in MA so it is super nice of them! Unfortunately my aunt decided she didn't want to spend the money for GF so we switched to WL. Now, we have stayed at the WL once before and loved it, but for this trip I had totally planned for the Christmas atmosphere of the GF and the convenience of the monorail!

So - help remind me of why I am going to have such a great time at WL! Is it as festive at Christmas as the other hotels? I know we will have a blast and it will be even better because we will be all together.

Also, while I am at it, what is the best place to request for rooms? We have a courtyard view (mom has a woods view) and would love to be able to see the water parade at night.

Thanks!!
Welcome and I know it can throw you for a loop when you switch resorts. You already know that GF and WL are well, like night and day. At Christmas, WL is even homier and cozier than usual. The lobby tree looks like this:

There isn't a gingerbread house like at the GF, but there's no reason you couldn't visit the GF. It's also loads of fun to visit FW during the holidays. The RVs and site displays are incredible. You can take the bus over and tour FW that way or you can even boat or walk over there. It's a must-see event.

The EWP can be viewed from all INNER or WL courtyard view rooms. Just put that in your request and you can watch it nightly at 9:35. The higher rooms have the best EWP view.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #1535
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

The November Activities flyer is posted to the first page. It has the movie schedule, too.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #1536
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Thank you - the Christmas picture is great! I know I will be so happy, it was just a bummer to finally decide on a resort after all that planing then have to change it. It was either that or have my aunt not come though and I didn't want that to happen- my kids adore her!

Last time we were at WL was about 3 1/2 years ago. My kids still talk about it and all have their favorite parts - the boat, rubbing the bear's nose, the beaver heads in the elevators (my son was only about 3 or 4 - he was obsessed with the beaver heads, we still joke about it!) They think we can't stay there again because we have 5 people in the family. Last time we put my daughter's name on my mom's reservation, they won't know she is coming so they won't realize it is a choice to stay there again.

I love the idea of going over to FW - I have seen some of those pictures and they look amazing. The only problem will be fitting it all in. We are going up Friday night and come home Monday afternoon!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #1537
martinrmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You end the year on a high note! Congratulations on being all booked!

Welcome! Some prefer to see some of Wishes so they request a North Wing room on a high floor. Best not to request a specific room number, except as an example, because if that number isn't available, the room assignor won't know why you requested it and will have difficulty assigning a similar room.

Don't forget to look at the first page for activities and recreation that your family might enjoy. Also, there is a non-stop bus to the MK, which often gets overlooked.

Let us know if you have any questions and have a wonderful trip!

You're welcome and we're happy to try an answer any questions - new or old!

FW, as in Ft. Wilderness? Are you staying there or Wilderness Lodge?

Thank you for letting us know about your split stay and your experience with your gluten diet. Will you do another split in the future?
Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #1538
GrandCanyon
Mouseketeer

Question Wishes/Fireworks View from Wilderness Lodge?

Thank you.

Last edited by GrandCanyon; 11-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #1539
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantini View Post
This is so reassuring; thanks for sharing! I am making my first trip to WL in Dec and it will also be my first trip to WDW since having to go gluten free. Hearing other people's experiences helps ease my worries! Any other gluten free favorites from your trip?
I'll send you a PM to not take this thread off track - there are some really good resources out there and no worries - WDW will take very good care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for letting us know about your split stay and your experience with your gluten diet. Will you do another split in the future?
If we did a long trip again sure - anything less than 10 days though probably not - we've done a split stay over a week trip and it was too much lost time to be worth it IMO.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #1540
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in tomorrow!!!! Hoping to get our request for high floor-inner courtyard!! Can't wait to be be staying there for the 10th time since year 2000!! Of course it does help having a seasonal CM discount
Old 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1541
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCanyon View Post
Any thoughts on comparing viewing Magic Kingdom NYE fireworks from Wilderness Lodge, compared to the Polynesian?
We were in room 7052 at the WL this past summer and we were in a theme park view room at the Polynesian in 2010. Although you can see the fireworks over the tops of the trees at the WL, it is nothing like watching them from a TPV room at the Polynesian. On our honeymoon, we were able to sit on our balcony at the Grand Floridian and watch the 4th of July fireworks. THAT was spectacular.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #1542
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

We are winding down from our first day here! Got here on time, arrived at WL and its as spectacular as ever! We got room 7051, so I guess I kind of got my request. Was hoping for one of the rare rooms that faces Bay Lake but at least we are further down the courtyard! Magic Kingdom was a medium crowd today and we went to Downtown Disney tonight. Off to bed, been up since 3:30am!
Anyone have any questions let me know!! We are here till Wednesday....
Debbie

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #1543
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

3 weeks till we arrive!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #1544
Sweets McGee
Earning My Ears

Only 6 more sleeps and we'll be checking in to the Wilderness Lodge!! Oh happy day!!!

(ME) and (DH)

*Wilderness Lodge-October 2008-F&W/MNSSHP* *Grand Californian-October 2010-MNSSHP*
*Grand Californian-October 2011-MNSSHP*
*Wilderness Lodge-November 2012-F&W/MVMCP*
*Coronado Springs Resort-November 2014-MVMCP*
Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #1545
mwmom
5th Time Disney Visitor

It won't be long now till our 3rd trip to WL. Anyone know if they have any new resort-specific merchandise there now? I read that many of the resorts are bringing back resort-specific items and wondered if WL had followed suit. I've never really looked for it before, but thought I would buy something this time if they have it.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: